Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-30-2018, 03:18 AM   #29
Kawijames

Drives: 2014 SS/RS
Buy in Tx, otherwise you'll pay sales tax twice. Plus the inspection, the green sheet from DPS for the out of state title, etc. Been there done that, I'm from Austin. It's why my stuff is still registered down there not up here in WI.
Old 05-30-2018, 07:24 AM   #30
Lizey93

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuLe View Post
One more thing to ask, I’m in California now but will move to Texas soon. I have 3 options when purchasing the Camaro

1/ Buy in CA, drive to TX
2/ Fly to another state, buy, drive to TX
3/ Buy in TX

So when you buy it out of state like that, what does the paperwork process look like? Complicated? Confusing? Which state do I have to pay taxes to? Can I drive cross country without the license plate?
I'm from Michigan, 400 miles isnt out of state haha. But when I was looking at cars in Ohio I had a couple dealers tell me Id have to pay them the Ohio tax and then the Michigan tax when I registered it. I think they were trying to take advantage of a young kid buying his first car at a dealer but hey, Ohio gonna Ohio.

I think in Michigan you have like 72 hours to drive a car home after the purchase before you get a plate but you have to have insurance. I drove my Jeep from Escanaba to Detroit without a plate and didnt get stopped when I bought it.

Responding to your other question, still have the stock exhaust. I've hated every V6 axle back I've heard in person.
1993 GMC K1500 "Old Blue"
1943 Farmall A
Lizey93 is offline   Reply With Quote