Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-31-2022, 08:22 PM   #1
Goldencarrot

Drives: 2013 cadillac ats
Forged lfx build sheet needed

Hello, I am looking for a spec sheet or build info with part numbers for just the bottom block with forged internals.
There is no one on my caddy ATS forum with a 3.6 lfx that can help me.
Please not looking to waste anyone's time. Serious build.
Currently have procharged lfx all supporting mods been running it for 20k miles. My crank bearing finally gave way and needing help preparing a built block. I saw there is Mace Engineering. But also saw some Wiseco piston on forums members builds. I see Mohlnar Rods , etc. I can turn wrenches, but have no experience in designing built motors. I've always bought crate motors pre-built.
The problem I've encountered is no one offers ready to ship built lfx blocks. I'm want to upgrade to 500whp with double my psi currently running. Thank you for help. BTW the Search section on the forum does not work for my phone. Or maybe because I'm a new member. Therefore if there is already good post on this, please send link. THANK YOU!! Prefer USA made parts.
Goldencarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 12:15 AM   #2
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Head over to the FORCED INDUCTION V6 section of this forum. On page 2 about half way down is a thread by member ALICE. 2010 Twin turbo LFX Camaro related. He would be a guy to PM and get info. His car is just plain Bad Ass! For searching try LOGGING OUT. That is the only way the search function works for me on my phone. Good luck and give some updates!
Old 02-02-2022, 07:40 AM   #3
alice

Drives: 2010 camaro limited edition turbo
Hi Guys!!
Just saw the post concerning LFX engine build. As you will see from my other posts, I have and still have a 2010 Camaro Limited Edition Twin Turbo. I removed the original LLT engine and installed a 2014 LFX engine/transmission due to a much better and updated assembly with the Delphi ECU for easier tuning. My turbos are rear mounted. I run anywhere from 4-10 PSI boost, depending on the boost controller setting.

The engine is pure stock, no internal modifications. With that being said, I cannot help you on a modified engine build but there are a couple guys on this forum that have done what you are asking for. One guy is gretchengotgrowl and another is tlavoie87. There are a couple others but you will have to search the Forced induction-V6 threads and carefully look at each one. I hope this helps you a bit. Good Luck.
Attached Images

Last edited by alice; 02-02-2022 at 08:18 AM. Reason: added pictures
alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 08:27 PM   #4
Goldencarrot

That build looks very expensive!
The built lfx's are so few and in between its going to take some time figuring it all out. I did have a member on here PM a contact that looks promising. Thanks for looking out. Sharp car. Nice community here, thanks for helping ��
Old 02-03-2022, 07:40 AM   #5
alice

Drives: 2010 camaro limited edition turbo
Thanks for the compliments. I have often wondered why there aren't more builds on the 3.6 V6 engine. This is an extraordinary engine with great engineering. GM hit the sweet spot with the Hi-Tech motor and a few guys have made this puppy put out some awesome HP. The potential is certainly there. I just don't understand why more have not done builds on this puppy. If anyone has build specs on this motor, please post them. I, for one, am certainly interested in any information relating to modifications.
alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 10:08 AM   #6
Goldencarrot

This was very helpful for me. At least I have an understanding of the terms in building the bottomend. https://youtu.be/5qH_ThYLD6Q
Really st. :
https://youtu.be/uFsC-N1CeyA

Last edited by Goldencarrot; 02-03-2022 at 10:33 AM.
Old 02-08-2022, 08:17 AM   #7
Goldencarrot

Partial email from Tracy Lewis. The part of the email that addresses this thread...
"If you supply the engine, and your crankshaft is good (they are forged stock) we can do a forged build with Head Studs (ARP are out of stock that we usually use but there are others available). start at 3499. You can opt for the Pankle Titanium rods as an option also. We balance the entire rotating assembly as well for these builds. And of course we do the tuning which is not what most are used to. We have the fastest LLT, LFX, and LGX currently in the US are our builds."
Old 06-17-2022, 05:49 PM   #8
Goldencarrot

I've got my car with Tracy Lewis right now.
He's having it tuned (with bigger injectors, smaller pulley)
He is also installing the catch can system on it. Next year I will try to take my old motor to him for going built.
There are some nice camaros at his place. Small tire zl1 and an older sema prob 2010 camaro with a twin turbo setup v6 with a nice custom intake manifold too (not plastic) with huge ports(runners). Anyway thanks again for the help.