Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-03-2022, 08:29 AM   #15
Joe.G

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 6SP Ashen Grey
Honestly I would order the Adjustable ones and get them coming, once non Adjustable get here send them back. Going to need them to get the correct alignment. I really wish I ordered the adjustable LCA since I had a hard time getting my alignment specs with out them, You should be fine with the stock LCA. Don't forget the bushing you need to order separate with the BMR Trailing arms.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Hotckis 1" Springs & Chassis Max Brace
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Pedders Radius Rod Inserts Strut tower brace
Hero Smoked Tail and 3rd Brake Light, Diode Dynamic SL1 Fog Lights
AeroForce Dual gauge/Autometer pillar mount.
Joe.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 02:15 PM   #16
Back In Time

Drives: ‘10 1SS RS aqua blue metallic.
Bushing ordered with the other parts. 👍 thanks!
Old 08-04-2022, 03:30 PM   #17
bannonm

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In Time View Post
Bushing ordered with the other parts. 👍 thanks!
Did you look into using offset camber bolts instead of buying adj LCAs? I have Pfadt racing links on mine and the LCA for +12 models. I forget the brand of bolts I used, but I'm lowered 1.4 inches and just had the ZL1 alignment spec on mine done.
Old 08-04-2022, 05:35 PM   #18
Joe.G

Hes not getting teh ADJ Control arms he purchased factory, I am the one that really needed the ADJ ones, Yes I have the Camber Bolts and they would be fine with OEM LCA not with the BMR ones for my set up. The BME LCA are meant for bigger drops then I have so your 1.4 would be fine.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Old 08-05-2022, 11:40 AM   #19
Back In Time

After 3 trips to Auto zone renting different gear pullers I found what I needed at Harbor Freight to remove the outer trailing arm bushing. Need 2 jaw puller for this job. Got em in 10 minutes. Auto Zone and the O” Reillys only had 3 jaw which I tried with 3 and 2 jaws on the puller to no avail

Last edited by Back In Time; 08-05-2022 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Forgot something
Back In Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 01:09 PM   #20
Joe.G

Yes I used a 2 Jaw puller, I think you will like the way the car feels when you are done, i used Solid cradle bushings but the Poly are probably fine as well, The only thing I think you should have done was the UCA bushing when cradle was down, Some have done them without dropping cradle but Its got to be a pain to do. My Car handles and rides great, I Do have a little bit of a creaking sound when the car trys to flex entering driveways and what not.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Old 08-06-2022, 10:52 AM   #21
Back In Time

Bushings out and on to last mod on this project install toe rods and trailing arms. Trailing arm open end will not fit around bushing on spindle . It’s 1-8 to narrow. I tried the Jack method under the arm and push it on. It will tear the bushing. Had to put the old arms back on for the aligns this morning . Get to the shop and they put the car up and it’s too low in the front. I went under the car and looked and it would catch the thin black air dam under the front clip. So the car still isn’t aligned and searching for a place that can get clearance on their machine. I bought BMR toe rods and trailing arms and am really disappointed. I’ve read on this forum other stories how they had same issue and took the big hammer and did some fab work. Will contact BMR Monday to see what they say.
Old 08-06-2022, 11:01 AM   #22
Joe.G

You may have to open up the Trailing arm a little bit, i did not but others have the Toe Rods should be no issue, Did you get the adjustable ones? As far as getting it on alignment machine they should block it up and get it on I would hope you are not the first lowered car they have done, Any drive on rack I have to do that.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Old 08-06-2022, 01:25 PM   #23
Back In Time

I did not get the adj. sadly I kept what I originally ordered. I sure I can get somone to open them up. They look like good strong pieces for the car. I have a place in mind local that does really good work and aligns also which I didn’t know.
Old 08-06-2022, 01:29 PM   #24
Joe.G

Honestly I would get the adjustable ones. You have time to swap them I've made mistakes like this before and then end up buying them .
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Old 08-16-2022, 12:53 AM   #25
Back In Time

Car is basically done with the suspension mods. One issue. Have a rattle sound from right rear. Sounds like metal clanging when I’d say more often when hitting small holes in road vs a bump. I’ve went over past posts on here I’m going to pull the strut and check assembly. Installed lowering springs- Pfadt with new Pedders struts . Car definitely didn’t have this noise prior. I m going to check to make sure nut is torqued tight on strut top. If the washer on top of dust cover on strut is upside down would that cause this? Checked all bolts I may had loosened during the project and all good. Also went to a sway bar with the F-4 location for the tie links . Those are definitely not loose, tightened those probably past specs. Springs have the rubber attached from Pfadt. Don’t think it is the spring coils hitting each other but not positive. Any suggestions I would appreciate, thanks folks