Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-23-2018, 09:21 AM   #1
Jdr1337

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Manual
Subframe/cradle adjustment?

My 2010 ss is having issues. I just had poly bushings put in the subframe, and my mechanic's alignment rack is down right now. I took it to get aligned at NTB because i got tires there and they do it free. The guy there said they couldnt get the camber in correct for the right side, and that he suspects my frame or subframe is bent, and the right side is kicked out close to 2 inches compared to the left. I was rearended months ago, which did bend the ends of the frame a bit. The body shop straightened it though and i had no issues after. The camber bolts were frozen though, had them replaced with the bushings. It seems fishy to me that all of a sudden my frame isnt straight after months of being just fine, isnt the entire cradle able to be adjusted? And if so, wouldnt that need to be adjusted after the cradle being dropped to do my bushings?
Jdr1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 10:24 AM   #2
NEstyle

Drives: Caprice
I doubt it's adjustable on a Camaro. My PPV cradle has about 0.100" - 0.200" movement from far left to far right. There is no cradle alignment procedure for the PPV, so that says GM doesn't even consider 0.200" to be significant.
NEstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 11:07 AM   #3
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
The subframe is located/positioned via 4 pins (or whatever you call them - the bolts thread into them) so there is minimal to no adjustability in where the subframe mounts. If your subframe (or frame) was bent at one time, and there is in fact an issue with getting a proper alignment, my guess is that the frame/subframe is still bent.

What camber specs are you getting on the right side? Too much? Not enough?

What do you mean by the right side is kicked out 2" exactly?
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 09:47 AM   #4
Jdr1337

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Manual
I asked him what he meant, and he was saying camber was out even when he cranked it all the way over.
Jdr1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 10:44 AM   #5
ColdfuzionTN

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
I'd take it to your normal place when you can or call them up and ask if that sounds right. I hate NTB with a passion now and I wouldn't trust that place to change my air freshener. They curbed my new rims really bad and destroyed the right rocker all while driving the car 20 feet to get it on a rack to check for a loose exhaust clamp when I was traveling. Wouldn't admit to the damages even though was caught was dash camera and their camera's.

Get a second opinion before you worry about it. My solid pegasus bushings went right in and no room for adjustment so I doubt its because of the bushing install.
ColdfuzionTN is offline   Reply With Quote