Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 02-01-2009, 11:25 AM   #1
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Talking Philly Auto Show...Thanks Scott!

Scott, thanks for extending the invitation to the Philly Auto show. I was excited to get the opportunity to see one camaro, but when I realized we would be able to see and sit in four of them I was stoked.

I think the event was a huge success for GM and those who were present. Once they lowered the ropes around the SIM, VR, and the LS7 people started flashing away. The Paparazzi would have been impressed. Everyone started getting in and out of the vehicles in both the passenger and drivers seats. I guess we wanted to see what a passenger would feel like in this car...Not that we will ever be one in our own.

I was very impressed by the car and how solid it felt. The Camaro's presence is felt, but it is not overwhelming. People have commented on it's size, but you do not feel like you are in a tank. This feeling will be reserved for the Challenger's owner. Some have mentioned the blind spot off the right quarter. You will definitely need the use of your side mirrors. Also, I took a picture with the visor down. We made mention on how small it is, but since the roof extends further forward than most cars if it were any larger you would not be able to use it.

The IO interior is not a bright orange. It is more like a burnt orange with BLACK leather surrounding it. Any effects with Grey appearances are only due to lighting. The color is IO on Black, which makes the IO pop inside this vehicle and it keeps the orange somewhat subdued. For those who say to much orange, you will want to see it first and make the decision afterwords. It is not loud or bright. I took some pictures with the flash on, and a few w/o the flash. I am convinced the IO interior with the IOM exterior is for me.

The LS7 looks awesome as well. I love the 35s in the rear. It just looks meaner with the black hood and the wider stance from the tires.

I thought the ABM was very sharp as well. The exterior was more blue than green, and to me it looks much better in person than any of the pictures I have seen up to this point. The interior of the ABM was black fabric. It looked decent, but it was not for me. I was not so impressed by it's appearance. To me the stitching stood out more due to white on black, and I did not like how wide the stitching went outside the seating areas. This is just a personal preference I am sure. I thought the leather was cleaner, however the stitching was similar.

Last thing is about ABL. I believe Samantha, the person in the Conan O'Brien video was there. She was giving a lot of information about the car as well. The one thing she mentioned was the ABL going across the dash board would not be lit up while driving. She stated the light pipe on the door would light up, but not across the dash. Did anyone else hear this? Is this known, or did I hear this incorrectly? I am happy about this. I think the light pipe across the dash could be distracting if it were on while I was driving at night. I would be happiest if it could be turned on and off with a switch.

We covered a lot more info. If anyone else has questions just let me know.

My pictures are to large to post on this site. Here is a link to view them at photobucket.

http://s615.photobucket.com/albums/t...20Show%202009/
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:57 AM   #2
blackZbandit

Drives: BLACK ON BLACK 2012 CAMARO SS
Great write-up... but how do you feel about the interior materials quality? Say vs. the Challenger and especially the Mustang since it's gotten rave reviews.

****Thanks to Silver Streak for the pic I used to make this sig****
blackZbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:48 PM   #3
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Wait, ive een going nuts over the ABL, did she say it will all be lite, but only the doors while driveing? Or just doors will be lit only period and never the dash. Sorry, its been bothering me
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:02 PM   #4
Chemical

Drives: 2SS RS
Great pics!!!!!!!!!!!
Chemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:26 PM   #5
edog

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Wait, ive een going nuts over the ABL, did she say it will all be lite, but only the doors while driveing? Or just doors will be lit only period and never the dash. Sorry, its been bothering me
My take from what she said was the only parts to light up are the doors. I know we have seen other videos and such showing it all lit up, but she stated due to a gap it would not look right, so it will not light up on the dash.

She did not state the dash would have the ability to light up. Also, to be fair I missed the opportunity to clarify her response due to other people coming up and it being my turn to sit in the Camaro for the first time. I was distracted. I did over hear her telling others the same thing.
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
Old 02-01-2009, 01:36 PM   #6
edog

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackZbandit View Post
Great write-up... but how do you feel about the interior materials quality? Say vs. the Challenger and especially the Mustang since it's gotten rave reviews.

The Challenger and mustang are nice. Since I have not seen the production interior for a leather interior I cannot comment. I think the layout of the interiors are all nice, but I must say the Camaro layout is much better and a bit more simplistic.

Also, I am getting the auto, and the challengers tap shift is on the shifter, which means you need to keep one hand on it during takeoff when using it. I like the Camaro's tap shift, which is on the steering wheel. You can use both hands to control the wheel upon takeoff and still shift using the tap shifters.

The quality of the fabric interior on the ABM was nice. This was the only production vehicle there. The only thing I disliked was the stitching in the rear seats. It goes to wide, which does not look clean.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:58 PM   #7
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Great pics...

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 02:15 PM   #8
dbotsfordtat

Drives: 2016 Camaro
Great Job! Thank you.
dbotsfordtat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 02:20 PM   #9
paulv7260

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM L99
Thanks edog. Great info and pics. I see you're from Fredericksburg. Going to the DC show next week? As of right now I plan on going this Friday.
paulv7260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 02:30 PM   #10
Rob490

Drives: NONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by edog View Post
The Challenger and mustang are nice. Since I have not seen the production interior for a leather interior I cannot comment. I think the layout of the interiors are all nice, but I must say the Camaro layout is much better and a bit more simplistic.

Also, I am getting the auto, and the challengers tap shift is on the shifter, which means you need to keep one hand on it during takeoff when using it. I like the Camaro's tap shift, which is on the steering wheel. You can use both hands to control the wheel upon takeoff and still shift using the tap shifters.

The quality of the fabric interior on the ABM was nice. This was the only production vehicle there. The only thing I disliked was the stitching in the rear seats. It goes to wide, which does not look clean.
I know this may seem like a small detail but the paddleshifters, were they acutally on the steering wheel or on the column behind it? Basically if i turn the steering wheel do the paddleshifter turn or stay behind it?

Do you get what im saying?
Rob490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 02:51 PM   #11
TheMadHatter99
Kept the Faith

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
The shifters are basically buttons on the back of the wheel. They turn with it and were not visible from the front of the wheel (ie not actual paddles).

BTW, It was nice meeting you edog!
Old 02-01-2009, 03:19 PM   #12
69 rs/ss

Drives: 1969 rs/ss & 2010 L99 #3747 4/28/09
Thanks edog. Great photos. I want to see one in person now. Thanks again.
69 rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:25 PM   #13
edog

I do plan on going. I am trying to get there on Friday also. If not I will take the family up on Saturday. I am wondering which production model will be there.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:26 PM   #14
edog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob490 View Post
I know this may seem like a small detail but the paddleshifters, were they acutally on the steering wheel or on the column behind it? Basically if i turn the steering wheel do the paddleshifter turn or stay behind it?

Do you get what im saying?
The shifter is on the wheel. If you turn it they move with it. They feel like they will be stiff also. I really like the feel of them.