Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #57
ls7camaro

Drives: 2010 camaro
Why didnt you just text me for my return address, also why did you have to refurbish it? I tried to take it offline, and I called him today, but he hung up on me
Old 01-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #58
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aecannon1 View Post
Because of everything i stated. Inluding the labor, parts, install and tuning costs. It's way over the $4k i spent on it. I tried to return it... no address to return to. It was shipped directly from Livernoise, NOT the seller. Paypal protection requires you send the item back to a confirmed address by the buyer, which was NEVER provided.

As for the injectors dumping tons of fuel, obviously you know jack about MAF pressure delta's and injector pulse width timing. If the injector data is wrong, it will nevvver in a million years tune correctly. That diagnostic alone cost me more money than I want to headache about.

The blower runs perfectly well now no thanks to this mess. Now, I'm going to sell it, do a new build because that's what snow on the ground is for and keep on keeping on.
So what if whoever you sell it to says it need $5000 more work done on it, and swindles you? Would that be "fair"?
Old 01-24-2013, 01:14 PM   #59
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriartii View Post
Seems to me you guys may want to take this offline for a resolution. I think the statement of "getting a refund and keeping the item" may have some legal ramifications.

Just sayin.
Cheers
K
Hells NO this is getting good!
Old 01-24-2013, 01:15 PM   #60
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
That's what I've been saying from the beginning. WTF are you talking about?
I know... and I agreed with you just used different words... must be a nawlinz thang.

I said Tracy nailed it cause I think that is the main point... refund and return.

I for one would hate to have 4k in play for months tho...
Old 01-24-2013, 01:15 PM   #61
EliteCZM523

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Because of everything i stated. Inluding the labor, parts, install and tuning costs. It's way over the $4k i spent on it. I tried to return it... no address to return to. It was shipped directly from Livernoise, NOT the seller. Paypal protection requires you send the item back to a confirmed address by the buyer, which was NEVER provided.

As for the injectors dumping tons of fuel, obviously you know jack about MAF pressure delta's and injector pulse width timing. If the injector data is wrong, it will nevvver in a million years tune correctly. That diagnostic alone cost me more money than I want to headache about.

The blower runs perfectly well now no thanks to this mess. Now, I'm going to sell it, do a new build because that's what snow on the ground is for and keep on keeping on.
It wasn't your item to spend money on. If you planned on keeping it, the money you invested was just that - your own investment. However it seems as if this is what you where going to do from the get-go.

As for Paypal terms, this is irrelevant. You should have returned it to the place it shipped from, that is where your responsibility ends. Its like doing 150 mph in a 55 mph zone, because you didnt "See" the speed limit sign. Ignorance is no excuse.
ARH 1 7/8 w/ cats, Borla ATAK Axle Back, VaraRam, ECS Cam, JDP Halo Kit, Technostalgia Tail Lights, AAC Ghosted SMD Side Markers, Reverse Lights, P13W Plasma DRL's, DRL Harness, Kenwood 9990HD, Scosche Kit, and tons more
Old 01-24-2013, 01:16 PM   #62
EliteCZM523

Before i forget -
ARH 1 7/8 w/ cats, Borla ATAK Axle Back, VaraRam, ECS Cam, JDP Halo Kit, Technostalgia Tail Lights, AAC Ghosted SMD Side Markers, Reverse Lights, P13W Plasma DRL's, DRL Harness, Kenwood 9990HD, Scosche Kit, and tons more
Old 01-24-2013, 01:16 PM   #63
Aecannon1

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS (RS Package) LS3
Quote:
So what if whoever you sell it to says it need $5000 more work done on it, and swindles you? Would that be "fair"?
Honestly, yes. I'd make it right. Because i don't screw people unless they truly try and screw me. I know it's looks ass headish but considering the money I spent AFTER giving a chance to make it right, after the refund and after trying to return it. I'll live with my decision because I tried in every which way to make it right on my end. Now it's a question of returning something I fixed/completed and paid the labor to install/tune and diagnose... hell no. I'll live with my decision before letting that happen. Ignoring the entire case until way after the fact did that to himself.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:16 PM   #64
ls7camaro

Drives: 2010 camaro
I see you said paypal requires you to ship it to the seller. And if you shipped it back to Livernois, paypal's not going to fine you.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:16 PM   #65
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
I know... and I agreed with you just used different words... must be a nawlinz thang.

I said Tracy nailed it cause I think that is the main point... refund and return.

I for one would hate to have 4k in play for months tho...
My bad bro. I should be ok picking up Nawlin slang. My grandfather was from Houma. LoL
Old 01-24-2013, 01:17 PM   #66
2012REDSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Hells NO this is getting good!
Old 01-24-2013, 01:21 PM   #67
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Quote:
Honestly, yes. I'd make it right. Because i don't screw people unless they truly try and screw me. I know it's looks ass headish but considering the money I spent AFTER giving a chance to make it right, after the refund and after trying to return it. I'll live with my decision because I tried in every which way to make it right on my end. Now it's a question of returning something I fixed/completed and paid the labor to install/tune and diagnose... hell no. I'll live with my decision before letting that happen. Ignoring the entire case until way after the fact did that to himself.
Are you going to give ls7camaro any of the $5000 you sell his original component for? That's where I'm lost at. He loses his blower and gets nothing? You gained his blower for nothing, and possible get an extra $1000?
Old 01-24-2013, 01:22 PM   #68
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
This thread gives me an idea for a charity fund raiser event we could have at Camaro5 fest....

We need some of those fat sumo suits..
Old 01-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #69
Aecannon1

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS (RS Package) LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteCZM523 View Post
It wasn't your item to spend money on. If you planned on keeping it, the money you invested was just that - your own investment. However it seems as if this is what you where going to do from the get-go.

As for Paypal terms, this is irrelevant. You should have returned it to the place it shipped from, that is where your responsibility ends. Its like doing 150 mph in a 55 mph zone, because you didnt "See" the speed limit sign. Ignorance is no excuse.
Not a chance, I paid through paypal, he sold through paypal. I'm following the legal standard they set forth for every buyer and seller to make a transaction safely. They handle all the legal stuff and write the rules of transacting through their channels specifically for these kinds of cases.

As for digging myself a hole by telling the truth, not a chance. He ignored my texts, emails, voicemails and paypal's emails. digs holes and truth fills em up. Not mine to repair? Again, forfeiture.

As for the repairs being an "investment". No. I don't think so. The kit wasn't advertised as damaged, missing parts and such. I spoke verbally and via text about the condition of the kit and what it included. If my expenditure to fix/replace what was damaged, that's just not right because as aforementioned, the kit was described as complete and not damaged.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #70
EliteCZM523

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
This thread gives me an idea for a charity fund raiser event we could have at Camaro5 fest....

We need some of those fat sumo suits..

Closed Thread