Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-25-2015, 05:58 AM   #15
cuspid

Drives: 04 z06 yellow
In 2010 there were alot of takeoffs on ebay, we bought a set for $1400
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-2010-2015-...3D301725810397

Last edited by cuspid; 11-25-2015 at 06:08 AM.
cuspid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 07:27 AM   #16
WIPLASH
WIPLASH

Drives: '15 SW/2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy casey View Post
Huligan, You need to go get your SS seats from that dealer, they are yours, you paid for them and also paid for the recaro seats (unless the original seats were discounted from your recaro seats)

If you reverse this thought, all dealers would take the wheels and tires off all cars before you leave "because they are the dealer tires"????

This didn't actually happen to me - I was trying and failing at an analogy. Mine came with the Recaro's from the dealer. This issue came up when I purchased a car several years ago with a dealer enhanced part and I was told the original part price was reduced from sticker and I was shown a breakdown list before signing.
I'd be interested to see if anyone has actually received 2 sets of wheels when purchasing as the OP has.
Old 11-25-2015, 08:04 AM   #17
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
For factory installed options the price of the upgrade factors in deleting the base wheels, seat, or whatever you are upgrading. For dealer installed options you should either get the parts being taken off or get a credit for them. This is something you should have discussed before agreeing to the cost of the $2800 dealer installed wheels.

Are the wheels the same size as what came on the car? Are the tires upgraded as well or just the wheels?
JR 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 12:26 PM   #18
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
http://www.chevyaccessories.com/en-U...ed%20Aluminum/

Curious myself, so I just went to the chevy website. This lists the wheels as dealer installed options. By looking at the prices, I would say that the $2,800 upgrade price would mean that the original factory wheels do not come with the car, and msrp was adjusted. I think in order to retain the originals you would need to pay full price for the upgrade wheels.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 12:37 PM   #19
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
I thought the Recaros are a $2000 option but if bought from GM, it would be $4000 for the pair?
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 12:56 AM   #20
cuspid

Options are always cheaper when bought on the car, for example the dual mode exhaust on a corvette is a $1200 option, but go to the parts counter and the mufflers are $950 each.
Old 11-27-2015, 08:01 AM   #21
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
It's too bad we can't get someone in here that sells these cars and posts here to clarify this. I wonder why they don't/haven't?
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 08:20 AM   #22
GVA 45TH 2SS
KNGTFALL

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th edition
I think I read it as this.
You are buying a car with dealer installed wheels. And that's what you get

If you bought the car and then added the dealer installed wheels you would get both.
GVA 45TH 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 09:48 AM   #23
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Look at it from a production perspective. If they put the wheels, sets, spoilers, etc, all those things listed as dealer installed custom pieces, at the factory, it would slow the line down tremendously, just in logistics of having those parts lined up when the car got to that station. So, they just install the stock parts to keep things moving. Ship the parts with car, or separately, depending on the part.

At the dealership, those parts are installed as part of the PDI process. The wheels, for example, are most likely shipped back to the factory. So you're only paying for the difference of the parts, not the full retail. If you special ordered the car, I imagine you might be able to work out a deal for the stock wheels. If you bought the car off the lot, those wheels are long gone.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 01:23 PM   #24
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
At the dealerships I have worked for, this is how it works. If the car was ordered for a specific customer and they had the wheels as a factory option or upgrade the vehicle will be delivered to the dealership with those wheel installed (rare circumstances like some 22" option wheels on trucks, or the midnight edition Colorado/canyons come with wheels that have to be sent back to GM). If the customer buys a car from the lot and has the dealership change the wheels the customer is generally given a credit (amount depends on the dealer) towards the purchase of the upgraded/aftermarket wheels. You will have to ask the dealer about it if it was an off the lot car.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 01:42 PM   #25
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
There is nothing that says the dealer owes you both sets. I worked in sales and service in a few dealerships. They can do what they want with the wheels that come off. A lot of times, the credit for the wheels is worked into the price of the wheels they changed to.

Honestly though, the dealer probably didn't credit the deal for them and they are just hoping that no one says anything and they just make the extra gross.

All the best,

Jared Royce
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 04:27 PM   #26
EMB135Driver
Jedi Master

Drives: Boeing 757/767+2010 IBM 2SS
Same with the ground effects package.....if you order it, it arrives at the dealership in a box. When they take off the rocker panels and diffuser that were put on at the factory, you should get them. They tried to keep mine but I insisted on getting them.....they're worth quite a bit of money...4 20 inch wheels with PZero tires are worth a lot.

Ps...there is a lot of bad advice in this thread. If you get optional wheels you're paying the difference between the base and the option package. If you got dealer installed options (separate line item on the invoice) you're paying the full price for the parts the dealer ordered in addition to the price of the car. You get the take off set in this case. The car comes on 20 inch wheels....in my case There was a slight up charge for the polished aluminum (vs the painted that came standard with the Asa's package). If I had ordered the dealer installed 21inch wheels/tires I would have been entitled to the take offs as it was something like a $4400 add on above the price of the car
Old 11-28-2015, 08:06 AM   #27
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMB135Driver View Post
Ps...there is a lot of bad advice in this thread. If you get optional wheels you're paying the difference between the base and the option package. If you got dealer installed options (separate line item on the invoice) you're paying the full price for the parts the dealer ordered in addition to the price of the car. You get the take off set in this case.
I agree, you bought a car with the factory wheels delivered to the dealer with them on it and purchased an ADDITIONAL sets of wheels shipped to the same place to be installed there. There's nothing to say I couldn't ask the dealer to not install the wheels because I would rather have a trusted tire shop do it.
The 2014 Festival Camaros had the "dealer" optional black wheels. The cars arrived on transporters with the factory wheels and the black ones were shipped separately to the prep place. They then dismounted all the tires and moved them to the black rims. When they auctioned them off they had a trailer full of all the factory take off wheels for the buyers/dealers to take with the car(s).
The reason the 21" wheels are around double the cost is the tires are different size and can't be transferred so you end up buying an additional set of wheels AND tires. If I were buying a Camaro with the dealer option wheels I'd make it very clear at the time of purchase that I expect to be given MY extra set.
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 12:07 PM   #28
cuspid

The salesman claimed they were cheap wheels they had to return, but it was an old car built in 10/28/14 and they gave us $12,000 of of f msrp. We found one dealer that was $13,800 off on a green flash Camaro.