Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-06-2012, 06:42 PM   #1
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
I love having spare car parts!

Anyone else have spare parts laying around "just in case"?

I have an extra set of axles for Ginger and an extra transmission for The Beast ('03 Turbo Escalade ESV). Finally took The Beast to the track with the Turbo this weekend. Just before I left the wife tells me I better not break the truck since I just got it fixed. Well she jinxed me, I only got one decent run in and on the second I broke my forward sprag clutch in the tranny. Limped it home, parked it and didn't tell the wife. Today while the wife was at work I swapped out my built broke tranny for my stock one and The Beast is back on the road and the wife is none the wiser!

Hooray for spare parts!
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:15 AM   #2
CookieCk

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
It's definitely nice to have spares. I don't have any spare parts for my Camaro yet, but I've got tons of spare parts for my other cars. Makes things so much easier then having to wait and get the parts after they break.
CookieCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:30 AM   #3
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Drives: PSHHH UWISH
Sure hope your wife don't come on here and read?
Old 02-07-2012, 12:39 AM   #4
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Haha that is a good idea man! Smart thinking there!!!! I don't think I'll ever have a spare axle for my camaro! haha
Old 02-07-2012, 06:48 AM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
YES!!! even if I can't use them.....my thinking SOMEONE WILL!! and if I come across that someone, I can help them out. I've always been that way......I guess you can see I'm a PACK RAT! but then I don't know to many machanics that are'nt! lol
Old 02-07-2012, 09:43 AM   #6
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Here is a video of the only good run I got before it broke. The truck torques so much that it smokes the front left tire, makes the RPM bounce around violently and results in a crappy 60' (and broke forward sprag clutch). Before I go back to the track I'm going to chain the front of the truck down.

SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:00 AM   #7
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUX2BU View Post
Anyone else have spare parts laying around "just in case"?

I have an extra set of axles for Ginger and an extra transmission for The Beast ('03 Turbo Escalade ESV). Finally took The Beast to the track with the Turbo this weekend. Just before I left the wife tells me I better not break the truck since I just got it fixed. Well she jinxed me, I only got one decent run in and on the second I broke my forward sprag clutch in the tranny. Limped it home, parked it and didn't tell the wife. Today while the wife was at work I swapped out my built broke tranny for my stock one and The Beast is back on the road and the wife is none the wiser!

Hooray for spare parts!
Until she reads this post