Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Ask AL


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2017, 06:57 PM   #43
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 31,601
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Ah, finally.....

Good things come to those who wait. And wait you have!!

Special thanks to the Camaro Team for providing these breakdowns for us. In the following file, you will find four pages - Fifty, Krypton, 2017, and 2016. It's been about a month since I suggested we might have this information, so thank you for your patience! Feel free to browse to your heart's content!

(And now we don't have to "waste" a question for Al! )

Camaro build counts.pdf
__________________
"Keep the faith." - Fbodfather
Mr. Wyndham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:34 PM   #44
90503


 
90503's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Torrance
Posts: 12,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Ah, finally.....

Good things come to those who wait. And wait you have!!

Special thanks to the Camaro Team for providing these breakdowns for us. In the following file, you will find four pages - Fifty, Krypton, 2017, and 2016. It's been about a month since I suggested we might have this information, so thank you for your patience! Feel free to browse to your heart's content!

(And now we don't have to "waste" a question for Al! )

Attachment 910125
This is an unexpected surprise....This would have probably been they likely winner of the next poll that hasn't happened yet.....lol.....Won't be necessary now....Might as well make it a Sticky and mark it "Answered".....

Onward!!...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:43 PM   #45
ninetres
RED is the fastest
 
ninetres's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Cencal
Posts: 1,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Ah, finally.....

Good things come to those who wait. And wait you have!!

Special thanks to the Camaro Team for providing these breakdowns for us. In the following file, you will find four pages - Fifty, Krypton, 2017, and 2016. It's been about a month since I suggested we might have this information, so thank you for your patience! Feel free to browse to your heart's content!

(And now we don't have to "waste" a question for Al! )

Attachment 910125
Thank you! Any chance more detail will come out? Like the Krypton green chart for all color codes?
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 07:19 AM   #46
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 31,601
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
Thank you! Any chance more detail will come out? Like the Krypton green chart for all color codes?
That'll be a no. Krypton was a special, limited color, so it got it's own breakdown.
__________________
"Keep the faith." - Fbodfather
Mr. Wyndham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:10 AM   #47
Mr. Meh

 
Drives: Yeah, I'm done here.
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Gone.
Posts: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
Thank you! Any chance more detail will come out? Like the Krypton green chart for all color codes?
You'd have to email them. That's how I got more specifics related to how many of mine were built.

Don't know why they only are publishing such generic data. They have more specs at least for ZL1.

There is a limit though, so they can't tell you how many blue, a10, coupes came with pdr or such.

Send an email to gmhc@gm.com with your VIN and ask. That's what I did.
Mr. Meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 08:48 PM   #48
cwebster
Cal
 
cwebster's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 6th Gen Camaro ZL1 Coupe M6
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Newport, NC
Posts: 779
What about the ZL1 data? For a car that used to get its own serial numbers this is disappointing.

That's great that all the other Camaro trims got their data published but the ZL1s are conspicuously missing. Mine was one of the first batches to come out (TPW 12/5/2016) and I'd really like to know...

Is the subject being dropped because "most" of us got an answer?

--Cal
__________________
The Dream Is Alive! - 2017 6th Gen Camaro ZL1 M6
cwebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:33 PM   #49
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 31,601
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwebster View Post
What about the ZL1 data? For a car that used to get its own serial numbers this is disappointing.

That's great that all the other Camaro trims got their data published but the ZL1s are conspicuously missing. Mine was one of the first batches to come out (TPW 12/5/2016) and I'd really like to know...

Is the subject being dropped because "most" of us got an answer?

--Cal
Not sure what you mean?

There's an "LT4" line in the Krypton sheet...and a ZL1 line on the main model year breakout.
__________________
"Keep the faith." - Fbodfather
Mr. Wyndham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:51 PM   #50
cwebster
Cal
 
cwebster's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 6th Gen Camaro ZL1 Coupe M6
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Newport, NC
Posts: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Not sure what you mean?

There's an "LT4" line in the Krypton sheet...and a ZL1 line on the main model year breakout.
I didn't look at the krypton sheet because that was a limited production color.

I did miss the ZL1 on the main build count page somehow, sorry...

Does this represent all 2017 model year builds to date or is it just those built in CY 2017? I'm interested to know how many ZL1s were built in 2016 (coupe/vert).

--Cal
__________________
The Dream Is Alive! - 2017 6th Gen Camaro ZL1 M6
cwebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:53 PM   #51
DGthe3
Moderator.ca
 
DGthe3's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 24,682
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Not sure what you mean?

There's an "LT4" line in the Krypton sheet...and a ZL1 line on the main model year breakout.
And its also the 'HP' columns on the Krypton page, as well as in the LT4 line for the 'Fifty' page
__________________
Note, if I've gotten any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them
__________________
Originally Posted by FbodFather
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!
__________________

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 11:06 PM   #52
cwebster
Cal
 
cwebster's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 6th Gen Camaro ZL1 Coupe M6
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Newport, NC
Posts: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
And its also the 'HP' columns on the Krypton page, as well as in the LT4 line for the 'Fifty' page
Ahh, I see... they used the order item number (1AL37) instead of "ZL1". I did see the LT4 lines on the "Fifty" page but their all zeros. Mine is a Fifty edition so that threw me off since there's no ZL1 column.

Like most people I'm most interested in the stats that pertain to me. It's not clear from this data what build year these totals represent for the 2017 models. Naturally, since mine was built in 2016, those numbers would be most interesting to me.

Thanks!

--Cal
__________________
The Dream Is Alive! - 2017 6th Gen Camaro ZL1 M6
cwebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 07:31 AM   #53
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 31,601
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwebster View Post
Ahh, I see... they used the order item number (1AL37) instead of "ZL1". I did see the LT4 lines on the "Fifty" page but their all zeros. Mine is a Fifty edition so that threw me off since there's no ZL1 column.

Like most people I'm most interested in the stats that pertain to me. It's not clear from this data what build year these totals represent for the 2017 models. Naturally, since mine was built in 2016, those numbers would be most interesting to me.

Thanks!

--Cal
The charts are broken down by model year, not calendar year - if that helps any.
__________________
"Keep the faith." - Fbodfather
Mr. Wyndham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 08:23 AM   #54
cwebster
Cal
 
cwebster's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 6th Gen Camaro ZL1 Coupe M6
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Newport, NC
Posts: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
The charts are broken down by model year, not calendar year - if that helps any.
Okay. Yeah, that's why I was wondering... no indication of CY. Well I guess I have to assume that the ZL1 numbers represent all 2016/2017 builds for the entire model year.

Thanks.
__________________
The Dream Is Alive! - 2017 6th Gen Camaro ZL1 M6
cwebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 08:24 AM   #55
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 31,601
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwebster View Post
Okay. Yeah, that's why I was wondering... no indication of CY. Well I guess I have to assume that the ZL1 numbers represent all 2016/2017 builds for the entire model year.

Thanks.
__________________
"Keep the faith." - Fbodfather
Mr. Wyndham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 10:17 AM   #56
PinHead

 
PinHead's Avatar
 
Drives: Duramax
Join Date: May 2017
Location: West of the Continential Divide
Posts: 878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Ah, finally.....

(And now we don't have to "waste" a question for Al! )

Attachment 910125
__________________
Prior Rides
Tricycle
Little Red Wagon
Schwinn Bicycle
Public Bus Pass
Moped
'Ol Pickup Trucks
1962 Chevy Nova SS
1967 Camaro RS
Chevy Stepside PU
Family Wagons
Duramax-3ea
ZL11LE Ordered
PinHead is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.