Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2016, 02:23 AM   #15
DokWatson
Dok
 
DokWatson's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS M6
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Alaska
Posts: 188
__________________
Hoonigan/Technician
Check out my channel.
https://www.youtube.com/user/AK49Watson
DokWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 09:14 PM   #16
Docker
 
Docker's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 vicious animal with 217 cu i
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 135
A-Dillas "Zls" has a great sound and it's an LFX. It seems he used 'full jones boar race mufflers' and did a magniflow X-pipe resonator delete. Gives it an exotic aggressive sound + it's light weight setup under $200.

Do Cold air intakes really do much for sound? I hear it's very minimal.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEJNG View Post
Says the guy who refers to his V6 as "vicious animal"
Docker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 09:35 PM   #17
Kenny Camaro


 
Kenny Camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 3,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker View Post
A-Dillas "Zls" has a great sound and it's an LFX. It seems he used 'full jones boar race mufflers' and did a magniflow X-pipe resonator delete. Gives it an exotic aggressive sound + it's light weight setup under $200.

Do Cold air intakes really do much for sound? I hear it's very minimal.
My K+N Typhoon adds LOTS of sound under acceleration. Not much at idle, but even under mild acceleration there is quite a lot of sound over stock. Wide open sounds like the secondaries are opening up on my old 72 GTO. worth the money for the sound alone. Plus 15 rwhp and 17 torque over all stock set up. Oh yeah, about one mpg better, but you'll have your foot in it because of the roar , you probibly won't see it! The hp/torque numbers are there claim, I didn't put it on the rollers, but they did send a dyno spread sheet with it.
__________________
K.C.'s ported Overkill 80mm TB, K.C.'s ported intake manifold,Jacfab Extendolator manifold spacers,K+N Typhoon cai, Dynomax Valvetech axle back exhaust, Elite E-2 Catch Can, Jet stage two performance modual
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 08:54 AM   #18
floyd haughton
 
floyd haughton's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010victoryred2lt
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: royersford
Posts: 387
Cool video enjoys
floyd haughton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 10:30 AM   #19
Docker
 
Docker's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 vicious animal with 217 cu i
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
My K+N Typhoon adds LOTS of sound under acceleration. Not much at idle, but even under mild acceleration there is quite a lot of sound over stock. Wide open sounds like the secondaries are opening up on my old 72 GTO. worth the money for the sound alone. Plus 15 rwhp and 17 torque over all stock set up. Oh yeah, about one mpg better, but you'll have your foot in it because of the roar , you probibly won't see it! The hp/torque numbers are there claim, I didn't put it on the rollers, but they did send a dyno spread sheet with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay Collins View Post
It'll make it noticeably louder and deeper, yes.
I see, I'll look into one.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEJNG View Post
Says the guy who refers to his V6 as "vicious animal"
Docker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 11:01 AM   #20
Shawno72

 
Shawno72's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Black 2LT RS M6
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Cali
Posts: 2,035
Here are some clips after installed the npp exhaust with the flaps always open, no hfc's or Xpipe yet.

Cold start--- https://youtu.be/ihk4Rzg8yeY

Take off---- https://youtu.be/YQmVvTMyuok

Inside the cabin--- https://youtu.be/RQFIyG8qwao

And here are clips with the npp exhaust after installed the hfc's but no Xpipe yet.

Cold start--- https://youtu.be/HJbuOKQp7m0

Inside the cabin---- https://youtu.be/eoI_c2eZCKI

And here are some clips after the npp, hfc's and the Xpipe were all installed

Cold start---- https://youtu.be/nb5IZKL3ZQY

Take off---- https://youtu.be/L6vt_vYb5sU
__________________
Overkill tune/E85/80mm•CAI cold air intake w/my custom maf tube•Apex air scoop•JacFab ported intake/Extendolater•Vitesse•EE EX2 catch can•Innovate wideband•ARH HFC's•NPP exhaust•11386 xpipe•Brembos/cross drilled/slotted rotors•SS M/C•Pfadt 1.25 springs•1LE struts/sways/strut tower brace•BMR diff bush, trail arms/bush, adj toe links•My custom Tunnel brace•Hurst short throw shifter•JDP stage 1 clutch res•1LE steering wheel, shift boot•ZL1 rear diffuser/splash guards•GM splitter•Z/28 grille/flowtie/spoiler/wheels•GM performance pedals•"Chevrolet" door sills•10" Kicker sub•BigWorm overlays
Shawno72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 08:18 PM   #21
Kenny Camaro


 
Kenny Camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 3,482
Bump
__________________
K.C.'s ported Overkill 80mm TB, K.C.'s ported intake manifold,Jacfab Extendolator manifold spacers,K+N Typhoon cai, Dynomax Valvetech axle back exhaust, Elite E-2 Catch Can, Jet stage two performance modual
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.