Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-02-2019, 05:45 AM   #71
Dogmeat

Drives: 2011 RS
After spending a LOT o' time on this, I've decided NOT to install a c.c.
Old 04-02-2019, 07:26 AM   #72
Chester

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS
After starting this post and following, one see's everyone has different opinions, (which makes the world go round). Catch Can doesn't hurt anything, may help, so I installed one, wasted $150 on worst things than that.
Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 01:25 AM   #73
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester View Post
After starting this post and following, one see's everyone has different opinions, (which makes the world go round). Catch Can doesn't hurt anything, may help, so I installed one, wasted $150 on worst things than that.
We'll make that two of us then because I installed mine tonight. Didn't check the intake but the pcv line was soaked in oil. The outside of the line even had a thin coat on it as well. So I'm hoping like others have stated that it sure can't hurt if it works properly. And yeah like you said, the past few months I've spent way more on other things for this car so what's another $150-200 I guess at this point lol.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 12:07 PM   #74
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveradoss573 View Post
We'll make that two of us then because I installed mine tonight. Didn't check the intake but the pcv line was soaked in oil. The outside of the line even had a thin coat on it as well. So I'm hoping like others have stated that it sure can't hurt if it works properly. And yeah like you said, the past few months I've spent way more on other things for this car so what's another $150-200 I guess at this point lol.
Well, as long as your past the drivetrain warranty it’s not a big deal.. I’ve been told by both local dealers it will void my warranty so I pasted on the GEN5 and will also do the same on the GEN6 until I’m out of warranty. Not worth the fight if I was to ever have a issue.
Old 04-07-2019, 10:41 PM   #75
15RS2NV
Ponies are for girls

Drives: 2015 RS LFX Red Hot A6
If you are looking to see if you should or shouldn't install a catch can, take a drive on the freeway, go home, take off the intake tube and see if there's any old on the tb butterfly. No oil, no need. Any oil at all, definitely.
H&R 1.8/1.7” drop, Overkill 80mm + intake ported by AFS, 1" insulator MACE, Accel Super Coils, THR cai, JET MAF sensor, Hurst shifter handle, GPP strut tower brace, CI ice cube tray hood vents (functional) @SemperFiCamaro
15RS2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 04:48 AM   #76
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
I read this thread and after two years with catch can, I can't understand the people who oppose this upgrade.

Lots of photos shiny paint, many of the best wax, the best wheels, tires, .... simply the best for the car, and then read that does not matter that every 10K kilometers goes about 2dcl. dirty oil to the intake manifold?

And I do not mention the negative response to the mentioned gasoline degradation, unwanted oil in the cylinders and other things.

For myself ...
I glad to have it there

George-CZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 05:38 AM   #77
lionssfan

Drives: 2010 2ss camaro
lol great point
TVS2300, BTR cam PD stage 3, ID1050 injectors, CHE bronze trunnions, 7.400" pushrods,.660" lift platinum springs, Titanium ret, Zl1 fuel pump, Kooks LT headers, High flow cats, Roto Fab CAI, Corsa exh., Mellings oil pump, HD chain, ls2 damper, all synthetic, BMR control arms, zl1 toe link, BMR cradle mounts, W/bottle relocation, air scoop deflector, Hennessy wheels, two piece rotor, morimoto fogs, DRL harness, coilovers, Heads up install, mgw shifter, slps splitter, slp spoiler, zl1 side skirts, painted strips, debadged, tinted, 2018 emblems.

Edit Signature
lionssfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 01:27 PM   #78
Memphis SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by George-CZ View Post
I read this thread and after two years with catch can, I can't understand the people who oppose this upgrade.

Lots of photos shiny paint, many of the best wax, the best wheels, tires, .... simply the best for the car, and then read that does not matter that every 10K kilometers goes about 2dcl. dirty oil to the intake manifold?

And I do not mention the negative response to the mentioned gasoline degradation, unwanted oil in the cylinders and other things.

For myself ...
I glad to have it there
I see you point but on the flip side, when two Chevrolet dealers in my area told me it voids the warranty on the engine of car that list for almost $50,000.00, I have to pass.

And I already know the next person going to say based off blah blah law you can fight it. That is all well in good until it's your car that's sitting on the lot while you go to court and could take years to get a settlement.

JMHO
Old 04-08-2019, 02:42 PM   #79
George-CZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
I see you point but on the flip side, when two Chevrolet dealers in my area told me it voids the warranty on the engine of car that list for almost $50,000.00, I have to pass.

And I already know the next person going to say based off blah blah law you can fight it. That is all well in good until it's your car that's sitting on the lot while you go to court and could take years to get a settlement.

JMHO
It's the same as headers, exhaust, cold air, and more. It just doesn't work during the warranty period.
I wouldn't go into it either. On the contrary ... I'd be serviced by every stupid thing.

But after the guarantee, it's up to you how to care for the car to work as long as possible and best.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:22 PM   #80
Memphis SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by George-CZ View Post
It's the same as headers, exhaust, cold air, and more. It just doesn't work during the warranty period.
I wouldn't go into it either. On the contrary ... I'd be serviced by every stupid thing.

But after the guarantee, it's up to you how to care for the car to work as long as possible and best.
I agree
Old 04-09-2019, 11:50 AM   #81
jcampos

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
I have the Phastek billet catch can. I guess it's their house brand?

Anyways, iv had it installed since my car had about 12k miles. No issues with it. Works as it should and my intake manifold is squeaky clean ��
jcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 02:28 PM   #82
George-CZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
I agree
Old 04-17-2019, 12:37 PM   #83
bmcquill

Drives: 2014 1LS
The Engineering Explained guy posted a new video about these this morning- love his channel. He didn't mention the Camaro specifically, but he echoed its importance for DI engines.

https://youtu.be/T-B4VRxAtbw

Last edited by bmcquill; 04-17-2019 at 12:48 PM.
bmcquill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 09:53 AM   #84
butters

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
I took off the intake tube and found a little oil on the tb so I think I need to get a cc. I'm looking at elite but don't know which one to get. Anyone have any recommendations? I'm basic bolt-ons at the moment.