Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-30-2014, 09:37 PM   #15
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnyBoy View Post
Hi all. I am new to camaro5 so forgive me in advance if im reposting or not posting in the appropriate section.

I live in an area that has very badly paved roads, full of potholes, cracks, dips, bumps..you name it. My question is how can i prevent damage to my cars on these rough roads? Which components should I inspect every now and then? My cars are 100% factory aside from the tints.

Thanks everyone,
Seeing you live in " No mans land " that can happen , Call your representatives and tell them to do their jobs and fix your roads .
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:14 PM   #16
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
move! your baby deserves better roads.
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:18 PM   #17
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Drives: '17 Civic SI + '04 SVT Lightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
Seeing you live in " No mans land " that can happen , Call your representatives and tell them to do their jobs and fix your roads .
It makes me mad that they collect all those property taxes and can't invest in the roads. Roads go 20 years without maintenance and yet year after year they collection butt loads of property taxes....

^One reason I don't take my car to work as I have to drive on some of these PA roads! They're falling apart everywhere and basically turned into gravel roads!
Emig5m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:49 PM   #18
JohnyBoy

Drives: GM car
thanks for the input guys!
JohnyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:59 PM   #19
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emig5m View Post
It makes me mad that they collect all those property taxes and can't invest in the roads. Roads go 20 years without maintenance and yet year after year they collection butt loads of property taxes....

^One reason I don't take my car to work as I have to drive on some of these PA roads! They're falling apart everywhere and basically turned into gravel roads!
You got it man , Tax after Tax and they say there is no money? Nonsense . Dont care what party you pull for , They are all the same and wasting it (tax dollars) on everything but what we want.
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:49 PM   #20
ex11b90

Drives: 1LT 2011 Camaro M6
We have god-awful roads here too, and absolutely suck-ass (can I say that here?) winters. It was one of the reasons I kept my Camaro on it's 18" not-as-low profile tires, as they can take a hair more abuse.

That said, I haven't had any major crashes (into potholes) as yet, I think you just have to extra careful and take it easy on the bad roads, especially at night when the holes are much harder to see. Good Luck, and please don't trade one of your babies for a truck!
ex11b90 is offline   Reply With Quote