Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-14-2021, 04:07 PM   #1
Aaron0126
Throttle Junkie

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS
Installing wiring thru firewall advice

I will be picking my ‘15 ss up tomorrow after a pro charger install and tune
The shop will be unable to install the boost tubing or the wide band O2 sensor to my gauge installed in the left side vent.

My question is where would I best run through my firewall to end up in this area. I can have the shop do it, but i think I’ll need to schedule time, wait and drop the car off again. I am pretty confident this is something i can handle, but i I’ve never worked on this car yet aside from running power to speakers in the trunk

Any advice would be appreciated.
TIA
Aaron
Aaron0126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 04:39 PM   #2
bayarea408

Drives: T
this is super easy. Take your hand and feel around the brake booster area there is a rubber gromet you can take out punch holes and run lines. I run all my boost controller and wide band stuff through it very clean and no hard edging to damage the wire. Then pop off the side panel of the dash on the driver side and there is the fuse box to tap. Best of luck.
bayarea408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 09:52 PM   #3
joekono

Drives: Camaro Convertible 2014 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea408 View Post
this is super easy. Take your hand and feel around the brake booster area there is a rubber gromet you can take out punch holes and run lines. I run all my boost controller and wide band stuff through it very clean and no hard edging to damage the wire. Then pop off the side panel of the dash on the driver side and there is the fuse box to tap. Best of luck.
Right on the money bayarea408. When I was starting to wire my Bumper Protector, the instructions actually told me to feel above where the positive battery cable goes through the firewall and you will find a grommet. I said to myself "Holy Sh*t, the engineers actually did something really nice for once(not like the times they have you remove 10 bolts, 9 are easy and the 10th is impossible to get to. Anyway, as bayarea408 said, the grommet is right there and you can carefully poke a hole in it for your wire(s) to go through and not worry about shorting out. Once you get the wire through, you may have to get on the floor under the steering wheel and pull back the carpet behind the pedals, flash a light up to the inside of the firewall and you should see the cable you are running sticking out and yes, it's close to the fuse box.
Old 07-14-2021, 11:58 PM   #4
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Yep! Drivers side firewall corner. Hard to see but can feel a rubber plug. Lots of my stuff goes through there.
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 09:48 AM   #5
Aaron0126
Throttle Junkie

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS
Thanks for the responses Bayarea and joe. Going to tackle this over the weekend. I’ll let you know how it goes
Aaron0126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 03:32 AM   #6
AlanRubin
Banned

Drives: 2010 LS
Ran mine out the same grommet as the battery to front power cable passes through
into the engine compartment.
AlanRubin is offline   Reply With Quote