Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-13-2018, 08:08 AM   #1
d454brisson

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Elite vs moroso. Has anything changed

Currently have Moroso and one way check valve oil fill breather.

Last video was the moroso in-line with the elite 1st gen

Has anything changed in tech? Any reason to change from moroso to elite?

Did email elite 2 days ago for a recommendation with no response

Thoughts?

Most searched threads are pretty old

Last edited by d454brisson; 09-14-2018 at 08:57 AM.
d454brisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 12:51 PM   #2
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Here is a long term test conducted by a Moroso user against our latest design, the E2-X system.

While the Moroso let more past than it caught, the Elite E2-X allowed only droplets past. This was conducted over app 6 months, and the design we use is the same as in this video:

This is a long video, so you can jump ahead to the 20 minute mark to see the final results. No contest. Moroso's best largest Catch Can vs. our E2-X design.

Also, our E2-X systems comes with the billet cleanside separator as well so it is a complete system addressing both points of ingestion.

And ALWAYS email our tech support team direct for recommendation for your application and any technical questions: Tech@EliteEngineeringUSA.com

Sales are: Sales@EliteEngineeringUSA.com

Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 01:02 PM   #3
suzook1300

Drives: 2012 Zl1
Moroso Can

I am on a fresh zl1 build with a prc heads, cam, ported supercharger and snout and nw102mm throttle body. At 500 miles I changed out the NW to a boosted Nw because the supercharger kept sucking the throttle body closed at 6k, so when pulling off the old throttle body, I found probably a tablespoon or more of oil either puddled in or lining the snout and inside of the blower. I currently have a Moroso can which is small and does not get in the way, but am thinking of going to an elite baffled can to help trap more oil.
suzook1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 02:22 PM   #4
BlackMambaZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
I had the moroso and went to the Elite. Better performance first off but also aesthetics were better. The Moroso can would never stay in one spot. Tried thread lock and it would still move. And the Moroso would leave droplets after I emptied and closed it as the oil settled in the spout.
764RWHP on e85 683RWHP on 91. M6 Black on Black on Black. 1300ID's, DSX Aux Pump and Flex Fuel Sensor, Lingenfelter 2.5 upper 9.5 lower, 100MM idler, AFCO HX w/ FANS. 1 7/8"ARH exhaust to axle incl LTH, MF's, Fuel Lab FF, Lingenfelter ported snout and TB, Lingenfelter CAI, RotoFab coolant tank, NGK 2 steps colder spark plugs, Moroso catch can, BTR Stage III cam, crank case breather. Tuned by Power Labs in Idaho Falls, ID.
BlackMambaZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote