Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 11-16-2023, 01:53 PM   #57
FastEddy

Drives: 2016 Camaro rs V6
I have a 2016 Camaro rt 3.6l v6 engine with the 6 piston Brembo brakes. I cannot find the rotors for this. They are 14.5"/368mm. the biggest rotors I have found on several sites is 13.58/345mm. Does anyone have a clue as to where I could find these.
Thank You in advance for your time and help.
FastEddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 02:11 PM   #58
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastEddy View Post
I have a 2016 Camaro rt 3.6l v6 engine with the 6 piston Brembo brakes. I cannot find the rotors for this. They are 14.5"/368mm. the biggest rotors I have found on several sites is 13.58/345mm. Does anyone have a clue as to where I could find these.
Thank You in advance for your time and help.
That is the same size at GenV ZL1 rotors, but the offset on the Gen6 is different. I would bet they are the same as Gen6 SS 1LE rotors.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 02:23 PM   #59
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddymel1998 View Post
I remember when I was shopping for the z06 calipers both rock auto and Amazon had both sides but each one had one side for considerably cheaper then the other, so saved a ton of money buying one from one site and other from other, I think I picked up a set of the brembo 2 piece disks on eBay sold new as a pair for a real good price too.
Was the same way when I picked up a set. I figured it was a marketing ploy because it's not like you only need one. Both were genuine Brembo.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 10:39 PM   #60
Jeff_SS
"Cam Only"

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
I did mine maybe a month ago, they do look really good, I remember when I was shopping for the z06 calipers both rock auto and Amazon had both sides but each one had one side for considerably cheaper then the other, so saved a ton of money buying one from one site and other from other, I think I picked up a set of the brembo 2 piece disks on eBay sold new as a pair for a real good price too.
That's great advice for when I go to pull the trigger on this..
Where'd you order your brake lines and how easy was the swap if you did it on jack stands in your garage?
2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS M6 | LSA Blower, 2.5" pulley, 10% lower, FIC1000's, Fore Innovations Twin Pump fuel system w/ Flex Fuel, CMS Custom Grind Cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers w/ catless off-road pipes, NPP Exhaust, 3.91's, JLT ZL1 Intake, Prospeed Heat Exchanger | Pfadt Suspension, 1LE Sway Bars | DSS 1000hp axles |
Tuned by Ryne @ CMS E85: 734rwhp/636rwtq (mustang dyno)
Jeff_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 03:38 PM   #61
Eddymel1998

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_SS View Post
Where'd you order your brake lines and how easy was the swap if you did it on jack stands in your garage?
I got some stainless braided goodridge lines on eBay, you have to be careful on there, but you can find some good deals even on new stuff, like the brand new set of rear HPS pads I bought for half the price, even had to message the guy and make sure he was selling full set of 4, price was so low I was half expecting it to be a scam. One thing with lines and such is I would recomend you cap off the holes as you work, I let all the fluid drain completely and spent way too long bleeding all the bubbled out, especially with that ABS module sitting higher then the reservoir, some have done it with zero issues but it was pain in the neck for me. Otherwise it's pretty easy even on jack stands since you're just dealing with the wheel wells, I also had ton of leaks at the connection to the hardlines, learned to tighten those harder then you would think.
Old 11-17-2023, 04:48 PM   #62
Trawz

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_SS View Post
I did my conversion during the winter of 2021 and it cost me a total of $1500 back then.

My brake lines came from KNS Brakes. Got the Goodridge brake lines for the ZL1.

As for the install, it was very easy and I did mine on jack stands. The hardest part was bleeding the brakes and that is not hard, just a pain doing it alone.

Corsa Extreme cat-back, Speed Engineering LT Headers with black ceramic coating, C7 Z06 Front Brake Upgrade, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, BMR Tunnel Brace, Mishimoto Oil Catch Can, MSD Plug Wires, Mishimoto Radiator and Hoses.
Trawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 11:44 PM   #63
Jeff_SS
"Cam Only"

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
I got some stainless braided goodridge lines on eBay, you have to be careful on there, but you can find some good deals even on new stuff, like the brand new set of rear HPS pads I bought for half the price, even had to message the guy and make sure he was selling full set of 4, price was so low I was half expecting it to be a scam. One thing with lines and such is I would recomend you cap off the holes as you work, I let all the fluid drain completely and spent way too long bleeding all the bubbled out, especially with that ABS module sitting higher then the reservoir, some have done it with zero issues but it was pain in the neck for me. Otherwise it's pretty easy even on jack stands since you're just dealing with the wheel wells, I also had ton of leaks at the connection to the hardlines, learned to tighten those harder then you would think.
This is more great info and very encouraging. I just recently replaced all the pads on my factory brakes and upgraded to dot4 fluid, was time consuming but easy enough on the jack stands in my garage. I'll definitely have to do this upgrade by just starting to piece it all together a part at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trawz View Post
I did my conversion during the winter of 2021 and it cost me a total of $1500 back then.

My brake lines came from KNS Brakes. Got the Goodridge brake lines for the ZL1.

As for the install, it was very easy and I did mine on jack stands. The hardest part was bleeding the brakes and that is not hard, just a pain doing it alone.

That looks so clean. Thank you for the info as well!
2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS M6 | LSA Blower, 2.5" pulley, 10% lower, FIC1000's, Fore Innovations Twin Pump fuel system w/ Flex Fuel, CMS Custom Grind Cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers w/ catless off-road pipes, NPP Exhaust, 3.91's, JLT ZL1 Intake, Prospeed Heat Exchanger | Pfadt Suspension, 1LE Sway Bars | DSS 1000hp axles |
Tuned by Ryne @ CMS E85: 734rwhp/636rwtq (mustang dyno)
Jeff_SS is offline   Reply With Quote