Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-15-2012, 01:47 PM   #99
mexiken

Drives: Sofia: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Might be a long-shot, but when I did my catch-can, I took off the throttle body to have more room to work, and when I went to take out the four bolts, they were barely hand tight!...Don't know why, but I could have unscrewed them by hand...I had never checked or messed with them before...
Thanks for the tip. But I didn't touch them or the intake manifold when I was working on the car, so I highly doubt it, but I'll check. Sofia isn't here right now, more on that in a sec.
Engine/Performance: Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Rx Catch Can painted IBM, (to come: JacFab CAI, muffler delete/Flowmasters)

mexiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:59 PM   #100
blackswan

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
Try a bottle of techron when it's at half tank
Run through quarter of a tank so quarter tank left
Then add another bottle of techron and fill tank and run to quarter tank again
Fill tank without adding more

See if that helps before throwing more money at it
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:27 PM   #101
mexiken

Drives: Sofia: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS LS3
Update: It still hasn't gone away. When warm it's mostly gone, but when cold, it's pretty noticeable, to me anyway.
Engine/Performance: Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Rx Catch Can painted IBM, (to come: JacFab CAI, muffler delete/Flowmasters)

Last edited by mexiken; 01-13-2013 at 10:38 PM.
mexiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:37 PM   #102
Rapid Runner

Drives: 2012 Audi TT-RS
For those that say he could have sucked up crap and debris from the bottom of the tank.... Isn't the inside of a gas tank( in today's cars) is a bladder for the gas that expands and contracts when full or near-emptied

Sent from BigNorm's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Rapid Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:36 AM   #103
blackswan

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
Try a bottle of Techron if you haven't.
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:20 AM   #104
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by suplex View Post
I didn't even know there was a warning when it gets to a 30 mile range. I have always filled mine up when it's at a 1/4 tank.

And it costs less...
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:37 AM   #105
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
5 pages of lecturing on running out of gas sheesh.

I have ruined a fuel pump by running it dry. There is a diaphragm that can get distorted and not create suction or maintain pressure. Not sure if this applies to the Camaro's specific pump. In my case it got very hard to start the engine (boat) after letting it sit for any period of time.
wakespeak is offline   Reply With Quote