Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 12-29-2014, 10:54 AM   #15
redhotcandy

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Thanks for everyone's input. I had the G-Max AS-03 tires installed last Firday. Not only do they look awesome, they feel great on the car. As of now, I have no issue with noise at all. So far so good!
redhotcandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 11:24 AM   #16
redhotcandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
1. Did he pull the nails out?

2. I have never in over 40 years heard of a tire "buckling". I have heard of tires developing strange-looking localized sidewall bulges or tread distortions (generally caused by internal tire damage such as broken cords from a curb/pothole strike or belt separation). You would want to replace any tires with those kinds of damage ASAP.

Possibly, if it is caused by the inability to rotate your tires and your driving tends to beat up the tires on one end of the car more than the ones at the other (hard-driving straight line guys tear up rear tires way faster than fronts, while corner-carvers tend to use up front tires faster).

Norm
As far as the "buckling" goes, idk what he was talking about, that's why I didn't rush to change them out just because of that. He was pointing to the center of the right front tire and it appeared to be slightly concave in the center of the tire. I don't know what that means, but he called it buckling. And no, he didn't pull out the nails because they were embeded only in the rubber.
Old 12-29-2014, 01:24 PM   #17
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotcandy View Post
Thanks for everyone's input. I had the G-Max AS-03 tires installed last Firday. Not only do they look awesome, they feel great on the car. As of now, I have no issue with noise at all. So far so good!
Congrats!!! They are a mean looking tire.
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 12:20 PM   #18
redhotcandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ455 View Post
Congrats!!! They are a mean looking tire.
They really are! I'm impressed with the look for sure. I know they aren't wider than the Pirelli's, but they sure do look wider, love the tread pattern.
Old 12-30-2014, 09:45 PM   #19
mexiken

Drives: Sofia: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS LS3
Hello. So I live in Southern California. Rarely does it rain, snow is pretty non existent here. I suppose I wanna go with an All Season tire since I think Snow Tires would be overkill. I don't want to spend $1000 on a set of tires. Is there anything that would be recommended that would be less????
Engine/Performance: Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Rx Catch Can painted IBM, (to come: JacFab CAI, muffler delete/Flowmasters)

mexiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 02:32 PM   #20
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
If the Pirellis aren't what you'd call "up to snuff", Goodyear's "Eagle Sport All-Season (W-Speed Rated)" tire might be worth considering. I am assuming you need 245/45 and 275/40 tires in 20". $766 for four from Tire Rack, which is at least competitive with the other tires that came up in the same search. Shipping, mounting, and balancing extra.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 08:24 AM   #21
redhotcandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexiken View Post
Hello. So I live in Southern California. Rarely does it rain, snow is pretty non existent here. I suppose I wanna go with an All Season tire since I think Snow Tires would be overkill. I don't want to spend $1000 on a set of tires. Is there anything that would be recommended that would be less????
Here's what I decided on:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....utoModClar=2SS

You can have them shipped to a local place for installation. I chose Firestone because it was close to my house. There's a link "install" during the process where you can pick a place. I think it cost about $85 or so for installation and $80 for shipping. Great looking tire on and so far, no issues whatsoever.
Old 01-06-2015, 10:47 AM   #22
Silent...

Drives: 2012 2LT RS White Born: 11/10/11
Just got my General G-Max AS-03's put on this morning. Less than 20 miles so I can't say much about them yet.
*Grey Hockey Stripes; Heritage Grill; GM GFX - Unpainted Argent Gray; GM Dovetail Spoiler; Rivercity Creations custom painted rear bowtie, RS & Taillight Bezels; MRR M017 Graphite Wheels; Nitto NT555 G2; ACS 4Teen Heat Extractor
*RX Catch Can;CAI; MF Exhaust; VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB; Overkill Stage 1 Supercharger System; Hotchkis Comp Sway Bar Set w/ End Links, Cadillac CTSV 4 Piston Brembos on all corners with SS Black Hat Rotors

Youtube Channel - HPDE Driving Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpO...8aw6hgX3O1Uh7A
Silent... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 03:08 PM   #23
Rudy@Tirerack

Drives: 1-800-428-8355 X4664
General Gmax and Conti Extreme DWS continue to be the the most popular options for all season tires on the Gen5
Rudy@Tirerack is offline   Reply With Quote