Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 08-22-2016, 11:26 PM   #16815
macalot

Drives: 1969 Z/28 + 2015 Z/28
Where's fbodFather when you need him
Old 08-23-2016, 01:20 AM   #16816
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
I did get some interesting (almost incriminating) looks when suggesting the 10 speed and LT5 combo in the Z/28.

I don't think that's out of the question.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:10 PM   #16817
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I did get some interesting (almost incriminating) looks when suggesting the 10 speed and LT5 combo in the Z/28.

I don't think that's out of the question.
If so we are looking at one very expensive Camaro.
Old 08-23-2016, 01:46 PM   #16818
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Guessing there will be no Z/28 news until after the BEAST is reviewed, launched and fully covered.
Asking around at the Camaro Fifty event thats the impression that I got too.

Of course, since I knew that they couldn't answer anything about the Z/28 my questions and insinuations had to be pretty non-direct, and the responses I got in return were either vague or very tongue in cheek ... so I could have just be hearing what I expected to hear.

But hey, this is the Houze ... 1+1=11, right?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 04:00 PM   #16819
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Guessing there will be no Z/28 news until after the BEAST is reviewed, launched and fully covered.
That's the most likely. I was just hoping to see a 50th Z/28. It might still happen.

We still have a few months until reviews are hitting the shelves. I guess early next year is the most reasonable time frame to see the new Z/28.
Old 08-23-2016, 07:29 PM   #16820
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

The 1967 Z/28 was first built in 12/1966 and in dealerships starting 1/1967. So we have 4-5 months??
Old 08-24-2016, 02:21 PM   #16821
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
The 1967 Z/28 was first built in 12/1966 and in dealerships starting 1/1967. So we have 4-5 months??
That's true. Either way, I hope to see something soon. At least some new spy pictures.
Old 08-24-2016, 04:41 PM   #16822
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
That's true. Either way, I hope to see something soon. At least some new spy pictures.
Old 08-24-2016, 05:52 PM   #16823
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom03z06 View Post
Unless they do some sort of stroking, my prediction is normally aspirated with new GMPP ported LT1 heads with a bump in compressssion and a little more aggressive camshaft, more open exhaust (factory LT headers)500+ish hp. Carbon hood roof and trunk, + same formula for dropping weight as the G5 .
Gen 5 430 Rwhp 3820 lb curb weight = 8.9 PWR
Gen 6 430 Rwhp 3300 lb curb weight = 7.6 PWR

Just my thoughts :-)
Love to see the car down to 3300 lb but dont think it will make that low a number more like 3450-3575LB, more then likely the 3575 but we can hope.

Quote:
If so we are looking at one very expensive Camaro.
And the last time it was a 76K car before tax, look for it to be that high or a lot more, i say in the 80k and up.

Quote:
That's the most likely. I was just hoping to see a 50th Z/28. It might still happen.

We still have a few months until reviews are hitting the shelves. I guess early next year is the most reasonable time frame to see the new Z/28.
I still say SEMA or LA, that is when it will have to come out so they can make it part of the 50th club, think what they will be worth?
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 12:40 PM   #16824
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Interesting!

"Cadillac Escala Concept Debuts 4.2-Liter Twin-Turbo V8 - The LT5 is Here!

From autoevolution.com...

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/ca...v8-110457.html

Quote:

Escala. The Spanish word for scale. According to Cadillac, Escala has yet another meaning. More to the point, the Escala Concept here “sets the standard of premium for all cars to be measured.”

The concept vehicle before your eyes is, for all intents and purposes, a design study that is meant to preview the styling language of upcoming Cadillac models. But more than that, it is the first General Motors vehicle that makes use of the heavily-anticipated 4.2-liter twin-turbo V8 tower-of-power.

Internally referred to as LT5, this force-fed V8 shouldn’t be confused with the small-block LT5 from the C4 Corvette ZR-1. It is a clean-sheet design that’s expected to arrive on at least three General Motors vehicles. One of them is the next model year for the Cadillac CT6, the other is the yet-to-debut luxury sedan slotted above the CT6, and the third is, of course, the C8 Corvette. And yes, all leads point toward a mid-engined C8 Corvette due for MY 2019.

Nothing else except the displacement of the engine, number of cylinders, cylinder deactivation function, and twin-turbo system is known about the LT5 V8, at least for the time being. The other thing you need to know about the Cadillac Escala Concept is that it is a “four-door expressive flagship sedan with lift-back rear opening.” The manufacturer mumbles something about it being a “more expressive, expansive companion” to the CT6 and, based on its dimensions, it is precisely that. Let’s get down to crunching some numbers.Here are the dimensions for the CT6: 5,184 mm (204.1 in) length, 3,108 mm (122.4 in) wheelbase, 1,879 mm (74 in) width, and 1,473 mm (58 in) height. Here are the dimensions for the Escala Concept: 5,347 mm (210.5 in) length, 3,228 mm (127.1 in) wheelbase, 1,948 mm (76.7 in) width, and 1,455 mm (57.3 in) height. That’s right, the Cadillac Escala Concept is marginally more imperial than the CT6 sedan, and that’s perfectly a-OK.

Instead of boring you with the OLED screens of the cabin, I’ll let Cadillac CEO Johan de Nysschen light up our imagination with a tell-tale statement: “Escala is a concept car, but one based upon the unrelenting rise of our product substance. Depending on the development of market segment for large luxury sedans, Escala is a potential addition to our existing product plan.”

Excited? You’d better be!
UPDATE: The following is taken directly from Cadillac's website. While the information provided is limited, it does go to show once again that you cannot believe everything you read from automotive news sources (though anyone who has been around for a day or two already knows this). LOL

Quote:

ESCALA PERFORMANCE

In addition to the technology and craftsmanship, the Escala offers a robust performance system featuring a powerful 4.0L V8 engine and a new RWD-centric mixed-material construction which makes it as powerful as it is beautiful.
Another Cadillac concept car, the Elmiraj, has a 4.5 liter twin turbo V8 and is described on the Cadillac website as follows:

Quote:

PERFORMANCE AT THE HEART OF IT

Elmiraj advances our philosophy of provocative modern design and engaging rear-wheel drive performance, with a 4.5-liter twin turbocharged V8 delivering an estimated 500 hp. The engine takes the baseline technology from the Cadillac Twin Turbo V6 and expands it to the classic performance format of a V8 engine."
Old 08-29-2016, 12:50 PM   #16825
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
"Cadillac Escala Concept Debuts 4.2-Liter Twin-Turbo V8 - The LT5 is Here!

From autoevolution.com...

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/ca...v8-110457.html

Quote:

Escala. The Spanish word for scale. According to Cadillac, Escala has yet another meaning. More to the point, the Escala Concept here “sets the standard of premium for all cars to be measured.”

The concept vehicle before your eyes is, for all intents and purposes, a design study that is meant to preview the styling language of upcoming Cadillac models. But more than that, it is the first General Motors vehicle that makes use of the heavily-anticipated 4.2-liter twin-turbo V8 tower-of-power.

Internally referred to as LT5, this force-fed V8 shouldn’t be confused with the small-block LT5 from the C4 Corvette ZR-1. It is a clean-sheet design that’s expected to arrive on at least three General Motors vehicles. One of them is the next model year for the Cadillac CT6, the other is the yet-to-debut luxury sedan slotted above the CT6, and the third is, of course, the C8 Corvette. And yes, all leads point toward a mid-engined C8 Corvette due for MY 2019.

Nothing else except the displacement of the engine, number of cylinders, cylinder deactivation function, and twin-turbo system is known about the LT5 V8, at least for the time being. The other thing you need to know about the Cadillac Escala Concept is that it is a “four-door expressive flagship sedan with lift-back rear opening.” The manufacturer mumbles something about it being a “more expressive, expansive companion” to the CT6 and, based on its dimensions, it is precisely that. Let’s get down to crunching some numbers.Here are the dimensions for the CT6: 5,184 mm (204.1 in) length, 3,108 mm (122.4 in) wheelbase, 1,879 mm (74 in) width, and 1,473 mm (58 in) height. Here are the dimensions for the Escala Concept: 5,347 mm (210.5 in) length, 3,228 mm (127.1 in) wheelbase, 1,948 mm (76.7 in) width, and 1,455 mm (57.3 in) height. That’s right, the Cadillac Escala Concept is marginally more imperial than the CT6 sedan, and that’s perfectly a-OK.

Instead of boring you with the OLED screens of the cabin, I’ll let Cadillac CEO Johan de Nysschen light up our imagination with a tell-tale statement: “Escala is a concept car, but one based upon the unrelenting rise of our product substance. Depending on the development of market segment for large luxury sedans, Escala is a potential addition to our existing product plan.”

Excited? You’d better be!
UPDATE: The following is taken directly from Cadillac's website. While the information provided is limited, it does go to show once again that you cannot believe everything you read from automotive news sources (though anyone who has been around for a day or two already knows this). LOL

Quote:

ESCALA PERFORMANCE

In addition to the technology and craftsmanship, the Escala offers a robust performance system featuring a powerful 4.0L V8 engine and a new RWD-centric mixed-material construction which makes it as powerful as it is beautiful.
Another Cadillac concept car, the Elmiraj, has a 4.5 liter twin turbo V8 and is described on the Cadillac website as follows:

Quote:

PERFORMANCE AT THE HEART OF IT

Elmiraj advances our philosophy of provocative modern design and engaging rear-wheel drive performance, with a 4.5-liter twin turbocharged V8 delivering an estimated 500 hp. The engine takes the baseline technology from the Cadillac Twin Turbo V6 and expands it to the classic performance format of a V8 engine."
Your thoughts on the styling, the 'design language'?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 01:04 PM   #16826
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Your thoughts on the styling, the 'design language'?
Not mine. This was posted in the Corvette forum by a pretty knowledgeable guy that's friends with many of the Corvette engineers. I will say that turbocharging seems to be the way to go. And "all the manufacturers are doing it".

If you're asking me what I think about the new Cadillac design, I like it.

Last edited by 2cnd chance; 08-29-2016 at 01:21 PM.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 02:46 PM   #16827
Bhobbs

I really am interested in what the 4.2 can make. I'm guessing it's more about a smooth delivery and flat band than making huge power, which a halo Corvette would need.
Old 08-29-2016, 04:15 PM   #16828
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
I really am interested in what the 4.2 can make. I'm guessing it's more about a smooth delivery and flat band than making huge power, which a halo Corvette would need.
Thats what I've heard about it, that its intended as being more luxurious than fast. If so, its probably going to end up at 480-500 hp instead of 550 or so that a high-output engine might make.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014