Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 03-31-2020, 05:58 AM   #1
2020 camaro SS/RS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS/RS
My ProCharger experience.

This my experience that I had with a ProCharger purchase. I ordered my ProCharger thru TPS Motorsports, their website is easy to understand and simple to find what your looking for, so I ordered a stage II ProCharger full kit with tune, for a 2020 Camaro. I upgraded to the quieter helical gears and the D1x head unit. 3 weeks later I finally have a tracking number, it was due to arrive on Saturday, which was perfect since I was driving 5 hours away to do the install at my dad's house since he has a lift. And of course come Saturday FedEx driver never got it on the truck, I'm assuming because it was heavy, the package was at terminal the night before so it's not like it wasn't there. So that put me 2 days behind on my install/completion plan. So I choose to drive to the terminal to pick it up first thing Monday morning. It was an hour and 40 minutes away and added almost an extra hour to my drive to my dad's house. Fast forward, get to old man's, pull the pcm to send it to ProCharger, because it has to be unlocked, and ProCharger loads a tune. I shipped the pcm on a Tuesday, with a next day delivery by 10:30am. And even tho the label I had on it had my dad's address, I put in 2 peices of paper, one on each side that the box could be opened to ensure they saw the proper return address to go to my dad's house. By Wednesday I am done with install, I contact ProCharger Wednesday about pcm to see if they were done and had it or would be shipped out, reason was their tuning department said they usually have ít done same day. Anyways I call, and ProCharger says they can't and won't load a tune (I guess it's a good thing I contacted them) I was like now wait a second I paid for a complete kit with a tune. According to ProCharger, and unbeknownst to myself and TPS Motorsports, that because I upgraded to the D1x they don't have a tune for it. (Keep in mind I am 5 hours from home, on vacation for a week, it's Wednesday don't have my pcm, and car is not driveable.) So I contact TPS Motorsports. Now keep in mind I'm not bashing anyone, I'm giving accurate account of my experience and infact Mike at TPS Motorsports in my opinion went above and beyond trying to figure out how to get me a tune, he could have just as easy refunded the difference between the full kit and tuner kit and been done with it, but he didn't he tried to set me up with a email tune, but I don't have a laptop here available he pointed me in the direction of a local tuner, but is book out 3+ weeks. I have found a tuner that can do it but this brings me back to pcm, now ProCharger ships out pcm Thursday so I call ProCharger to get tracking number and low and behold what do you think they did, Yup shipped it to my address 5 hours away, it was supposed to be delivered on Saturday March 28th 2020 after address correction it is now Tuesday March 31 2020 still not here, and doesn't look like it will be here until tomorrow, now keep in mind my vacation was a week, I will be 3 days late getting back to work, I wonder if ProCharger would fire an employee that didn't show up for 3 days.
2020 camaro SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 07:05 AM   #2
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
Try using paragraphs next time you post,for an easier read.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 07:10 AM   #3
2020 camaro SS/RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin19 View Post
How about the next time you don't see paragraphs, you don't read it, therefore you won't need to comment about paragraphs.
Old 03-31-2020, 07:24 AM   #4
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
No problem, you are my do not read list now
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 07:41 AM   #5
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
OP - your projects go like mine. Two steps back for every step forward.

Good luck!

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 07:44 AM   #6
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
I do not know what it is. But it seems like whenever there is something to do with modding a car, any car, there is always some kind of hiccup causing a 2-4 week (minimum) delay. It almost seems like all the idiots on the planet got jobs that have to do with shipping auto parts. Like if you get a job, and you're an idiot, someone that does staffing says "Oh him? Yea put him over in the auto section". No other hobby has as many infractions, mess ups, screw ups, items shipped to the wrong place, wrong items shipped to the right place, items gone missing, broken or defective items, money gone missing, every kind of setback on the planet happens. I'm just waiting for the day that I go to a shop and ask them why my car isn't ready yet and the answer is that the tuner got abducted by aliens and won't be back until 3 Wednesdays from now. Geez. Anyway, these reasons are why I got out of modding. We spend boatloads of hard earned money for stuff that not one of us needs. And in return we get someone constantly screwing up.

So yea there were multiple screw ups in your story and they all involved everyone other than yourself. I would not be happy at all. People who are in a profession should make it a point to know exactly what comes with what. Procharger gladly took the money without any hesitation. But guess what. They don't offer the tuning for the product that you bought. Yet nowhere in their or the seller's computer system does an alert or advisory come up when you click and add incompatible products together. But they sure as hell got the money. Anyway, this would all be enough that I would send everything back and ask for a full refund just off basic principle and never deal with any of them again.

Having said all that, I hope it works out for you.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:14 AM   #7
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
If it were me, I wouldn't be modding my daily and if I was, I would (1) get to know the process before I tear the car apart and take the time off and (2) have a contingency plan.

Murphy is always present
Old 03-31-2020, 08:54 AM   #8
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
It almost seems like all the idiots on the planet got jobs that have to do with shipping auto parts.
Well - its not limited to cars. My boat had a minor issue with some of the graphic vinyl sun fading and peeling. The warranty would cover fixing it so I went ahead with repairs. Between the dealership and the factory they screwed up the parts order 3 different times with 3-4 week delay between each order. A simple half day repair turned into my boat sitting behind the dealership for 3 months. Thank goodness it was over the winter and I wouldn't have used it much anyway.

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 09:43 AM   #9
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Quote:
Try to resist being a grammar Nazi Smokin19. Please put me on your do not read list.

OP I feel for you, sometimes there is a hidden reason why things don’t always workout or go smoothly.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 98 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver

Last edited by BlackbeastSS2; 03-31-2020 at 09:56 AM.
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 09:55 AM   #10
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
That is in fact hard to read.
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 11:11 AM   #11
2020 camaro SS/RS

I just don't understand, this was supposed to be a simple complete kit. No muss no fuss. ProCharger is a reputable company, there was a a modified plastic bracket that was broke when I opened the packaging. Called ProCharger, they replaced it no questions asked. Now I did do a lot of vid watching on install and ProChargers hype on it can be returned to stock, that isn't exactly true. 1) they cut in half a plastic peice on left side of radiator just to remove it, 2) the auxiliary radiator on 19's and 20's gets removed and just bypassed by connecting the 2 hoses together
Old 03-31-2020, 11:25 AM   #12
I`m Batman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS M6
Quote:
No problem, you are my do not read list now

Maybe next time there won't be any spaces between words.
I`m Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 01:29 PM   #13
Paintslinger16
Two Lane Blacktop

Drives: '18 Camaro 2SS
TPS, really should not sell a kit they don’t have a tune for. That part really doesn’t make sense.
Paintslinger16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 03:18 PM   #14
2020 camaro SS/RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintslinger16 View Post
TPS, really should not sell a kit they don’t have a tune for. That part really doesn’t make sense.
Tps is just a vendor, it was the lack of ProCharger commnicatíon to vendors about the d1x