Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-08-2014, 10:26 AM   #15
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
Someone got a ticket got mad and turned it on it's back haha
Old 04-08-2014, 10:27 AM   #16
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Even after a few years of seeing them on the road, I still giggle like a schoolgirl every time I see one. The comedy value is very high.

I wish I could get my hands on one of the t-shirts that members have posted pics of on here: On one side, a pic of a Smart Car is captioned, "You save the planet..." while the OTHER side has a pic of a Camaro, captioned, "...and I'll save my dignity."
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:34 AM   #17
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
It is a new "fad." Used to be "cow tipping", now it's "Smart car tipping."

Vandals Flip Over Smart Cars in San Francisco

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local...254177981.html
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:23 AM   #18
Destructo09

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS/LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonGPF View Post
Just a forewarning though - Smart Cars are so cheap, and easy to mod, that anyone with a Burger King paycheck can afford to make it spank top end exotics in a drag race. Lots and lots of people doing Hayabusa engine swaps on them.

All I'm saying is - DON'T get caught being "THAT GUY/GIRL" with the complacent, smug attitude at the light when one of these sleepers rips you a new one. You don't want to be that person LOL.
They aren't really cheap though...

They start at nearly 14k.
1LE rear sway bar
SRP Racing Pedals
Hurst Billet short shifter
Square tire/wheel setup
Elite Engineering Catch Can
Stainless Power longtubes/highflow cats
K&N Typhoon CAI
RPM Motorsports of Garner, NC dyno tune (421 RWHP)
Destructo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:45 AM   #19
Ringo64
Forever Pontiac

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
There was a rather arrogant english teacher when I was a freshman in high school, and a group of upper class guys took and high sided the 260Z on a pile of gravel that had been brought in for a parking lot. It was funny, he was pissed, good times!
Yeah, in marching band in high school we used to practice in one of the parking lots (the field was painted on the black top). Every time we had practice there would be an announcement for students/faculty to move their cars to one of the other lots by 2:30pm (school let out at 2:10 or so). If by 2:30 when practice started and there was a car left there, all the guys would lift it and move it out of the "field." Pretty surprised at what we, male teenagers can lift when trying to impress a bunch of girls

Always funny when the individual came out and was like "What? Where's my car?!"
Ringo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:55 PM   #20
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Funny but can't condone damaging someone's property regardless of how lame their car might be.

And those Hyabusa Smart Cars are insanity incarnate.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:48 PM   #21
HollyVenus
The girl with the 2 Danes

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodside783 View Post
Someone got a ticket got mad and turned it on it's back haha
I think the car was being made fun of and threw itself down and had a "mini" temper tantrum
Old 04-08-2014, 01:51 PM   #22
HollyVenus
The girl with the 2 Danes

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo64 View Post
Yeah, in marching band in high school we used to practice in one of the parking lots (the field was painted on the black top). Every time we had practice there would be an announcement for students/faculty to move their cars to one of the other lots by 2:30pm (school let out at 2:10 or so). If by 2:30 when practice started and there was a car left there, all the guys would lift it and move it out of the "field." Pretty surprised at what we, male teenagers can lift when trying to impress a bunch of girls

Always funny when the individual came out and was like "What? Where's my car?!"
not funny..... they did this mess to me when while working at the grocery store... I drove a Plymouth Lazer

oh and the wonderful ring of shopping carts... damn being one of the "guys"

ok.... It was comical now that I look back... they never did any damage to my car they just simply relocated it.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:19 PM   #23
Ringo64
Forever Pontiac

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyVenus View Post
not funny..... they did this mess to me when while working at the grocery store... I drove a Plymouth Lazer

oh and the wonderful ring of shopping carts... damn being one of the "guys"

ok.... It was comical now that I look back... they never did any damage to my car they just simply relocated it.

Hey, in my situation it is in the cars best interest. Either it gets moved or may accidentally get hit by a Tuba or Drum and leave a big dent/scratch.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Ringo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:26 PM   #24
Sp00ner

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
There's one down the street from my work that has a giant fake wind-up 'key' stuck to the back of it.

http://www.windupkey.com/
Sp00ner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:56 PM   #25
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
I think it's hilarious. I call them Stupid cars. Reason being is how expensive they are and how little you get. They don't even get rock star gas mileage. If they cost like $10,000 or got 60 mpg's then I would have some appreciation for them, but they don't, so I don't.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:56 AM   #26
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
I think it's hilarious. I call them Stupid cars. Reason being is how expensive they are and how little you get. They don't even get rock star gas mileage. If they cost like $10,000 or got 60 mpg's then I would have some appreciation for them, but they don't, so I don't.
... and on top of that, their early claims of having fantastic safety ratings turned out to be exagerated. I will go head to head with a SmartCar any day, especially in my Suburban or my Silverado... I won't even wear a helmet or a seat belt, and the bump as it splatters on my grille is unlikely to cause enough damage to exceed my deductible... I'll just put a few squirts of "SmartCar- B- Gone" on there, wipe it off, and have it forgotten by the time I see another.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote