Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-01-2016, 07:28 AM   #15
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
Being a member of SCPA5, we attend a lot of car shows. We have all put a lot of work into our Camaros and we are proud to show them. I'd say, if you have a bone stock Camaro, there is not much to see (been there, done that). However, if you've added some nice, tasteful mods and have made the car stand out, people will enjoy the spectacle. JMHO.
^^^^ This

There's still plenty of 3rd and 4th gen beaters that show up to car shows, so why should I think that my 5th gen that I've taken care of shouldn't be there? I get lots of compliments and lots of people still asking me questions about my car. OP, if you think your car is that unimportant anymore then "upgrade" to a 6th gen or go back in time to a 1st or early 2nd gen.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 07:45 AM   #16
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Very few. Mainly hit up cars and coffee when I can. I will do shows that are usually for charity. Did o e this year for our towns WWII memorial. It was a fun day at the park. There were probably 8-10 5th gens

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 07:57 AM   #17
BostiPB

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS
We have quite a few 5th gens in our club and almost all still show theirs at the shows we attend.
2014 2SS/RS - Red Rock Metallic - Kooks Headers, Corsa Extreme, Factory Reproductions Z28 Rims, Pedders Coilovers, JDP Clutch Reservoir, Summit Racing Line Lock, GM Strut Brace, GM low profile splash guards, Roto-fab CAI, Oracle Ghosted Sidemarker Lights & Concept Mirrors, ZL1 Side Skirts, MGW Flat Stick Shifter, BMR Subframe Connectors, Eaton Truetrac, Yukon 4.11s, GForce Renegade Axles, Speedmaster79 Diff Cover, Offset Diff Bushings, Every Suspension Bushing Front & Rear Replaced with BMR Poly Bushings - 421HP 412TQ
BostiPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:00 AM   #18
GrandAmGT

Drives: 2010 1LT & 2016 Cadillac CTS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbeyer2010 View Post
I am a new 5th gen owner. I have been trying to break into the local C5 scene but have definitely found it to be harder to get a group of folks together in my area than i had imagined. I am not sure if that is because people are loosing interest or if i just happen to be in an area with fewer enthusiasts.

Regardless, i have no intentions of entering in any shows. My car is bone stock so i am not turning any heads. I do however like the idea of networking with and making some friends who share similar interests. That's why i would still go to shows.
I'm in the same situation as you. I've had my Camaro about 15 months and it's almost bone stock. I don't think mine is special enough to enter into shows. I also am trying to start a local club to network with other gen 5 owners because there's a lot of them here, but it's hard to talk to people when you're passing them on the road n the opposite direction.

I bet it was really great to be a Gen 5 owner from 2009 to around 2011 because the design was so new then.
GrandAmGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:09 AM   #19
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
why wouldn't you still do car shows if you enjoyed doing them to begin with? that's like saying since I own a 69 Camaro, I shouldn't take it to shows because now there are so many newer ones than mine. either that, or you are going to car shows for the wrong reason, or have some different expectations of what people are there for.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:14 AM   #20
Stewart

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS & Ground effects
Still take mine

As most people said why not, It is fun, you meet new and interesting people, get mod ideas, etc... and just maybe win a trophy
Attached Images

MY BUILD LINK: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=484260

Last edited by Stewart; 09-01-2016 at 03:42 PM.
Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:14 AM   #21
Jojo

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 6M 1SS
I don't attend car shows with mine but I feel certain color combinations will always attract viewers. My car mostly sits in the garage (weekend use only) but when people visit they typically want to see it. My 2nd 5th gen Camaro and it makes me happy to see it/own it.
Old 09-01-2016, 08:26 AM   #22
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
I don't attend car shows with mine but I feel certain color combinations will always attract viewers. My car mostly sits in the garage (weekend use only) but when people visit they typically want to see it. My 2nd 5th gen Camaro and it makes me happy to see it/own it.
This is true..i constantly get nice car..what colour is that ? Maybe if you have a black or sliver/grey colour you might not be that noticeable anymore. But i still get alot of attention at car meets.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:31 AM   #23
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
It depends on the show. If it specifically states the vehicle has to be 25 years or older then no. However there are a couple cars that show up at our annual car show that make me shake my head. A Chevy Sprint Convertible and a Mercury Topaz. I don't care about their age I don't want to see these cars. They might meet the criteria but they're not so old that I walk over to see what a car from 1988 had going on.
detamble13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:49 AM   #24
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
why wouldn't you still do car shows if you enjoyed doing them to begin with? that's like saying since I own a 69 Camaro, I shouldn't take it to shows because now there are so many newer ones than mine. either that, or you are going to car shows for the wrong reason, or have some different expectations of what people are there for.
Couldn't have put it better ... I still put my 2006 Corvette in shows as well as my Camaro, why wouldn't I?! Car shows are not (just) for the newest year of any model ... that's what car dealerships are for. In fact, I have found (even when I first put mine in) there are more people that question why the newest models are entered into shows unless they have been (heavily) modified in some way (cosmetically and/or performance wise). IMO, car shows are for all makes, models and years ... the more variety the better.
Old 09-01-2016, 08:50 AM   #25
arkentect

Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
This is true..i constantly get nice car..what colour is that ? Maybe if you have a black or sliver/grey colour you might not be that noticeable anymore. But i still get alot of attention at car meets.
I think this might part of the OPs issue. I own a camaro and even I don't take a second glance at a black one. All I know is that I get a ton of attention at shows and cruise nights and even get complements just driving around town.
arkentect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 09:00 AM   #26
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkentect View Post
I think this might part of the OPs issue. I own a camaro and even I don't take a second glance at a black one. All I know is that I get a ton of attention at shows and cruise nights and even get complements just driving around town.
I have a black one and still get comments, thumbs up, etc. almost every time I drive it ... although some colors may draw more attention, I think it comes down more to how well kept your car is, what you've done to it and other factors more then color when it comes to car shows and/or drawing attention. Perfect example is the last show I was in, had a few people comment on how much nicer & 'meaner' (their words) mine looked then two other (basically completely stock) gen 5's that were also in the show; one was red, the other was yellow ... just my .02
Old 09-01-2016, 09:02 AM   #27
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkentect View Post
Yep its the colour that grabs people.....my inferno orange gets peoples attention....but with the white stripes it really pops. Like you im always getting compliments. When i see a black Challenger ..its nice...but when I see a white one with black accents..it really jumps out from the crowd.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 09:53 AM   #28
HogsFan75

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS/1LE
I take my 1LE to lots of shows. I don't care about trophys and shit. I just go to hang and talk with people.

I find a lot of people are interested in the 1LE package. There are only a few around my area.
HogsFan75 is offline   Reply With Quote