Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-19-2020, 06:32 AM   #1
ABM Camaro

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6 Camaro
What sway bars fit

On my 2014 V6 Convertible LT, Does the ZL1 sway bars and end links fit ( front and rear)?

OR the SS sway bars ( Front and Rear )

Im looking for direct bolt ons

has anyone dont this

V6 Camaro bolt ons and E85
Tuned by Tampa Tuning
ABM Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 10:58 AM   #2
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
The newer style rear bar will fit (here's someone who did it: https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=463979). Just make sure you have the right lower control arms by checking for a ~1/2" or so hole at the outer end of the arm which is where the drop-link will go. I believe the bars will come with the brackets and bushings already on it. Front bar and links are the same design as other years/trim levels.

What wheels/tires are you running? Springs/shocks/coil-overs? Depending on your setup you may want to go with bars designed for similar setups - for example, the SS bars are designed for the staggered 245/275 tires combo, 1LE for the square 285's.
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 06:24 PM   #3
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
'12 and up should have the holes in the rear Lca's for the later style bar.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 09:12 PM   #4
ABM Camaro

Wow I would have thought guys that have actual had the LT camaro would have tried to see if they fit.

Tuned by Tampa Tuning
Old 05-20-2020, 09:24 PM   #5
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABM Camaro View Post
Wow I would have thought guys that have actual had the LT camaro would have tried to see if they fit.
Just do a search. Plenty of past info on it. The issue if I remember is V6 brake calipers hitting FE4 sway bar. I put a hotchkiss rear bar in for this reason but then later installed brembo and BMR LCA’s on so I don’t remember all the details.
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 11:37 PM   #6
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABM Camaro View Post
All front bars will fit. Later cars had 12mm front endlinks, but the early front bars can be drilled out to accept them. Rear bar will only fit if it's a Hotchkis rear bar with vertical endlink holes or the discontinued Pedders solid rear bar. Stock ZL1 rear bar with horizontal endlinks won't work unless you upgrade the rear calipers to Brembos.

Last edited by mikeman; 05-20-2020 at 11:47 PM.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 06:10 AM   #7
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
Ahh. I must apologize, I forgot about the V6 caliper clearance issue; when I read your post I was thinking about the convertible (including V8's) coming with the older style bar and forgot about the caliper clearance. With that said, I have the JPSS bar (possibly the same as the Pedders bar) and it fits fine, although I did find out that if you're lowered enough (I'm somewhere between 1.25" and 1.5" in the rear) and maybe depending on your camber (I'm at -1.0° I believe) the bar will actually bump into the caliper and push it out, so I had to grind down the edges of the bar near the caliper. I suspect as the pads wear more the bar may contact again, but only time will tell - if this happens I'll just grind out more, until flush with the mounting hole.
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 05:48 PM   #8
ABM Camaro

Nope not lowered. Stock height

I just figured if it was an easy fit for guys that have upgraded to aftermarket sways, and are selling their stock ZL1 sways.

Tuned by Tampa Tuning
Old 05-25-2020, 03:17 AM   #9
'10CamaroDude
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
ZL1 will fit front.

ZL1 rear, needs 2012+ rear LCAs, for the different end link mount holes. They are
the straight bar type, -vs- the dog-bone type.

I got ZL1 front and rear suspension for $200 locally, 2-3 mile take-offs.
Front struts, not using.
Rear shocks, put on.
Front sway bar & links, will put on.
Rear sway bar & links, will put on when I replace the LCAs.
Rear toe arms

And, I got these for $27 shipped:
'10CamaroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 09:27 PM   #10
ABM Camaro

BMR got any direct bolt on front and rears for a 2014 LT base model V6