Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-15-2009, 01:34 PM   #15
Tomash

Drives: (black 2SS Camaro), Suzuki SX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatarHol View Post
Laugh all you want. Mild to wild,Ford knows what it's doing. There is no other car that can reach such a wide audience.
+1

You laugh at branding & marketing strategy of the only one of Big Three that doesn't need public money to survive. Hate Ford all the way you want (my parents drive Focus, so I'm biased -- sorry ), but they are successful worldwide.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:38 PM   #16
Kwaz1335
The Kwaz

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Kwaz1335
Laugh all you want...how do you think Nazi Germany was formed? Talk about loyalty...start em young and you have them for life
Picked up and brought home 6/26/2009
2010 Black on Black SS/RS Camaro
Silver stripe package
Ground effects package
6 Speed Manual Transmission with Hurst short throw, Magnuson Supercharger, SLP loudmouth 1 kit.
Kwaz1335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:39 PM   #17
Tomash

Drives: (black 2SS Camaro), Suzuki SX4
Wow, that was a hard one...
Old 04-15-2009, 03:14 PM   #18
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatarHol View Post
Laugh all you want. Mild to wild,Ford knows what it's doing. There is no other car that can reach such a wide audience.
and that is one of the reasons it is last on my top 3 muscle cars.....because of this type of crap....rediculous I tell you, completely takes away from what a muscle car should be.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 03:34 PM   #19
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
This is an unbelievably smart marketing and advertising campaign!! Ford familys can spread there Ford love to there daughters. I will tell you the logical connection with ponys and obvious pony car. Say what you want but stroke of genius!
Old 04-15-2009, 03:46 PM   #20
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
When are they shipping the Hanna Montana edition?
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:13 PM   #21
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by aston70 View Post
Because everyone is supposed to be welcome here. That's why.
yeah but it's kinda annoying when they turn every thread into a Mustang vs Camaro thread. I have no problem with them being here.
BUt some just seem to be out looking to start a fight.
It's a Camaro forum guys!!! We are going to make fun of other cars. I've been to mustang forums and you can't tell me we are worse than them. Huge fanboyism going on there. Beyond the point of just being completely blind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
When are they shipping the Hanna Montana edition?
not alot of people remember this epic thread.
but this was the result of it.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7879
Old 04-15-2009, 04:36 PM   #22
syr74
Account Suspended

Drives: Thunderbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
and that is one of the reasons it is last on my top 3 muscle cars.....because of this type of crap....ridiculous I tell you, completely takes away from what a muscle car should be.
If the Mustang were supposed to be a muscle car this might be an issue. The Mustang isn't a muscle car, the Mustang is what it started out as and should always remain, an American GT, a true grand-touring car. That makes the vehicle car less one dimensional than any muscle car could ever hope to be, opening up a market which is far more vast.

In the world of the Mustang you'll see everything from thirty something, professional women in a loaded Mustang convertible to forty hour a weekers taking their weekend toy to the drags to see what she'll do to afluent college grads in a new GT500....the list goes on. And the one thing they all have in common? They all love their car.

If you think the rest of automotive world isn't now and hasn't long been green with envy you are sadly mistaken. A very few truly great cars transcend simpler classifications that limit the vehicle by means of class and/or social strata, the Mustang is on that list.
syr74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:55 PM   #23
PsyDoc

Drives: Soon-to-be 1st Gen
I believe this was an ad that Ford put out in '66.

PsyDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 05:14 PM   #24
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
Quote:
Originally Posted by syr74 View Post
If the Mustang were supposed to be a muscle car this might be an issue. The Mustang isn't a muscle car, the Mustang is what it started out as and should always remain, an American GT, a true grand-touring car. That makes the vehicle car less one dimensional than any muscle car could ever hope to be, opening up a market which is far more vast.

In the world of the Mustang you'll see everything from thirty something, professional women in a loaded Mustang convertible to forty hour a weekers taking their weekend toy to the drags to see what she'll do to afluent college grads in a new GT500....the list goes on. And the one thing they all have in common? They all love their car.

If you think the rest of automotive world isn't now and hasn't long been green with envy you are sadly mistaken. A very few truly great cars transcend simpler classifications that limit the vehicle by means of class and/or social strata, the Mustang is on that list.
Totally accurate! Quoted for truth!!
Old 04-15-2009, 06:36 PM   #25
kevin2323

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
Totally accurate! Quoted for truth!!
quoted for opinion.....IMHO I think the mustang tried to be a muscle car and saw a bigger picture and more profit out of making it a chick car ect ect...so instead of making amazing muscle cars....they were satisfied with an average car....hence the pony aspect. I do not disagree that it worked out for ford better the way they went with the mustang, but to me it is 3rd on the list of muscle cars and is called a pony car for a reason.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:36 PM   #26
CamaroSS354

Drives: 2002 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy9 View Post
Just got a new coffee mug........ says "Ponies are for little girls"!!!
hehe
Old 04-15-2009, 06:43 PM   #27
kevin2323

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSS354 View Post
hehe
I never thought I would see the day My little ponies cartoon become reality.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:58 PM   #28
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
quoted for opinion.....IMHO I think the mustang tried to be a muscle car and saw a bigger picture and more profit out of making it a chick car ect ect...so instead of making amazing muscle cars....they were satisfied with an average car....hence the pony aspect. I do not disagree that it worked out for ford better the way they went with the mustang, but to me it is 3rd on the list of muscle cars and is called a pony car for a reason.
The Mustang, Cougar, Challenger, Baracuda, Firebird, and Camaro were never intended to be pure muscle cars. From the start they were supposed be more than straight line monsters with giant engines. Which is why the Charger and Chevelle died off in the 1970's but Mustangs and Camaros continued for years and years.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote