Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-23-2016, 01:55 PM   #1
camaro500

Drives: 2017 Jaguar F Type R Tuned 498awhp
Aftermarket seat install

Hey guys,

The stock Camaro SS seats just aren't cutting it for me, especially after the driver side seat developed a damn squeek and every time I hit an oscillation or bump in the road I get a SQUEEEEK!
I'd like to go with either Sparco or Corbeau as my budget is about $1600 for the pair.
Does anybody have solid information as to what happens if I leave the airbag light ON or IF I decide to trick the sensor, will the airbags WORK??
What do you guys recommend?

Thanks
camaro500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 06:43 PM   #2
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348859
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 07:49 PM   #3
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
I'd not put anything else in my ride to replace my stock seats but Recaro's. They're only a few hundred more. I'd save the 1600, save up a bit more and get them...

In fact, I might be doing a swap myself soon. My IGGEE seat covers just ain't working for me.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 07:48 AM   #4
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
I'd not put anything else in my ride to replace my stock seats but Recaro's. They're only a few hundred more. I'd save the 1600, save up a bit more and get them...

In fact, I might be doing a swap myself soon. My IGGEE seat covers just ain't working for me.
This right here.

Not to mention in the other thread someone above linked, did I read that incorrectly? He mentioned something about disabling the front air bags.

Is that a permanent thing?
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 01:30 PM   #5
sdmaro

Drives: 2011 LS Camaro
Check out the Braum seats. Someone did a DIY thread for the install. The maroon and brown ones are sweet while being half the price.

Suspension: BC BR Coilovers

Cosmetics: ZL1 front conversion, AAC plasma afterburners 2.0, GFX rear,

Interior: AAC red footwells, ZL1 shifter boot/knob, suede center console
sdmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 04:30 PM   #6
camaro500

Drives: 2017 Jaguar F Type R Tuned 498awhp
I'm going to save myself the hassle of the airbag light and buy Z28 seats from my local dealer
camaro500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 08:50 AM   #7
Explit Player
IG @Brian_ _Self

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6+17'Tesla Model S
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro500 View Post
I'm going to save myself the hassle of the airbag light and buy Z28 seats from my local dealer

That's a big price to pay if you're just worried about the light. You can get a 6 ohm resistor I believe, then just wire it to the airbag harness under the seat. Problem solved. Just did it last week to mine. Got a set of Braum Red Suede seats. Very nice. Although yes if you have the money to spend, the Z seats are nice. But at 3x the cost of Braum, I'll stick with the ones I picked up in my situation. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-15-2017, 09:59 AM   #8
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explit Player View Post
That's a big price to pay if you're just worried about the light. You can get a 6 ohm resistor I believe, then just wire it to the airbag harness under the seat. Problem solved. Just did it last week to mine. Got a set of Braum Red Suede seats. Very nice. Although yes if you have the money to spend, the Z seats are nice. But at 3x the cost of Braum, I'll stick with the ones I picked up in my situation. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Can you show some pics of how you did the resistor?? I been holding off doing lighter seats because of the light. I have full power factory Recaro seats but they are way to heavy, so I been searching and reading. I don't want power seats or seat air bags. Just plain Jane light weight seats. I have even thought about doing light weight seats non power and just rigging the factory seat air bag crap to the new ones. If you could show how you do the resistor I would be so grateful!
Old 02-17-2017, 08:41 AM   #9
Explit Player
IG @Brian_ _Self

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjellyfish212 View Post
Can you show some pics of how you did the resistor?? I been holding off doing lighter seats because of the light. I have full power factory Recaro seats but they are way to heavy, so I been searching and reading. I don't want power seats or seat air bags. Just plain Jane light weight seats. I have even thought about doing light weight seats non power and just rigging the factory seat air bag crap to the new ones. If you could show how you do the resistor I would be so grateful!

I saw that everyone on here has made threads talking about doing the bypass but literally nobody has posted which wires or pictures of an install. I'm going to come to the rescue and save the day Dun nuhh nuhh nohhhh! (Super hero chime)

Haha, I'm gonna pull my seats out and do a write up. I'll try my best to have it done by the end of the day.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:27 AM   #10
frenchsquared

Drives: 15 Z28, 01 Corvette, 96 Corvette
I have Z28 seats... I guess the are pretty but I am pretty sure I wont like them on a track. Will now in a few weeks. I would not spend retail for them. There are other seats that fit me better.
Old 02-17-2017, 01:47 PM   #11
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explit Player View Post
I saw that everyone on here has made threads talking about doing the bypass but literally nobody has posted which wires or pictures of an install. I'm going to come to the rescue and save the day Dun nuhh nuhh nohhhh! (Super hero chime)

Haha, I'm gonna pull my seats out and do a write up. I'll try my best to have it done by the end of the day.
Awesome... subscribed. Planning on replacing my seats soon. Please document the removal and reinstallation of the seats as well if you can. Thanks!
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 10:19 PM   #12
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
Old 02-19-2017, 02:02 PM   #13
Explit Player
IG @Brian_ _Self

Alright guys I ran into a personal issue and won't be able to do much of a helpful write up for a bit. I will say though, the wires to tap into are the

yellow w/ black tracer
And
Brown wire

Put a 2.1 ohm- 4 ohm resistor in between those and that will fix it.

Do so at your own risk. I also recommend getting a manual seat harness to butcher up so you can reuse your harness on your factory seats in case you decide to switch back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-19-2017, 03:22 PM   #14
bayarea408

Drives: T
not sure how big you are but Sparco Evo series are nice. bunch of sizes too. A set will cut a lot of weight.
bayarea408 is offline   Reply With Quote