Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 03-12-2011, 02:53 AM   #239
Envy
Bully Proof

Drives: C5 COTW 1/31/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerbyChamp06 View Post
Thanks so much! Glad you enjoyed the video. For sure, Barbaro was awe-inspiring just like Secretariat! (saw the recent Secretariat movie 4 times). Heartbreaking to lose Barbaro, Ruffian, and Eight Belles, but I really believe they are healthy and whole once again in Heaven...

Thanks again. Your Camaro Rocks!!!
Growing up not far from Louisville...some of those events were epic in my childhood memories. I even got to see Secretariat make his famous 'Run for the Roses' in person at Churchill Downs.

And Ruffian has always been one of my 'Heros'. She made me believe that I can compete with the boys too!
Check out this video about her:

It was really great remembering all of this...thanks again!

Last edited by Envy; 03-12-2011 at 04:34 AM.
Envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:32 PM   #240
DerbyChamp06

Drives: 13' RAM 1500 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
Growing up not far from Louisville...some of those events were epic in my childhood memories. I even got to see Secretariat make his famous 'Run for the Roses' in person at Churchill Downs.

And Ruffian has always been one of my 'Heros'. She made me believe that I can compete with the boys too!
Check out this video about her:

It was really great remembering all of this...thanks again!
Wow, that had to be incredible to live near Churchill Downs, and to see Secretariat's Derby!!! The great memories you must have of visiting the storied racetrack! I wasn't smitten with the horseracing bug til after seeing Sea Biscuit movie. Really showcased the beauty of the sport, and shortly after visited the local racetrack, Canterbury Park, and just really enjoyed watching the incredible horses close-up in the paddock.

Thanks for posting the beautiful Ruffian tribute video! She was/is a remarkable filly, and its very nice to hear you drew incredible inspiration from her. She hails as queen of a growing list of incredibly formidable fillies, including Rags to Riches, Eight Belles(RIP), Rachel Alexandra, and of course, Zenyatta!!! (after I learned photoshopping, I did one of Ruffian with Barbaro in a field, and can post if you'd like) Shortly after I joined this site, when the first C5 member to get a Camaro (a black SS) was asking what he should name it, I suggested Ruffian. She was a black beauty, and it would be great to see her name on license plate, on the back of a shiny black Camaro!

(I'm anxiously waiting on some vanity plates for my new car-had to submit 3 choices, all reference Barbaro)

Have you been following the recently-retired Zenyatta? Here's link to her fan site-

http://www.zenyatta.com/

Have you posting any videos of your Camaro? I would love to hear what it sounds like with the muffler deletes!

Great talking about Great Horses with you!

Last edited by DerbyChamp06; 03-12-2011 at 05:56 PM.
DerbyChamp06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:38 AM   #241
Romeloc

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS RS A6 Inferno
car looks great
20% tints
Borla Atak cat-bak
Roto-Fab intake
amber footwell, dome, and trunk lighting(AAC)
Decepticon Gas door
Led Taillights (technostalgia)
Romeloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:36 PM   #242
dahulk

Drives: '11 RS SYNERGY GREEN, 09 Corvette
Send a message via Yahoo to dahulk
wow that is sweet
Old 03-26-2011, 02:11 AM   #243
Envy
Bully Proof

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerbyChamp06 View Post
Wow, that had to be incredible to live near Churchill Downs, and to see Secretariat's Derby!!! The great memories you must have of visiting the storied racetrack! I wasn't smitten with the horseracing bug til after seeing Sea Biscuit movie. Really showcased the beauty of the sport, and shortly after visited the local racetrack, Canterbury Park, and just really enjoyed watching the incredible horses close-up in the paddock.

Thanks for posting the beautiful Ruffian tribute video! She was/is a remarkable filly, and its very nice to hear you drew incredible inspiration from her. She hails as queen of a growing list of incredibly formidable fillies, including Rags to Riches, Eight Belles(RIP), Rachel Alexandra, and of course, Zenyatta!!! (after I learned photoshopping, I did one of Ruffian with Barbaro in a field, and can post if you'd like) Shortly after I joined this site, when the first C5 member to get a Camaro (a black SS) was asking what he should name it, I suggested Ruffian. She was a black beauty, and it would be great to see her name on license plate, on the back of a shiny black Camaro!

(I'm anxiously waiting on some vanity plates for my new car-had to submit 3 choices, all reference Barbaro)

Have you been following the recently-retired Zenyatta? Here's link to her fan site-

http://www.zenyatta.com/

Have you posting any videos of your Camaro? I would love to hear what it sounds like with the muffler deletes!

Great talking about Great Horses with you!
Sorry Derby...I've been too busy to check-in here lately. Yes...I have posted a couple of videos...here's a link to the links...lol.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=221

Thanks again for the horse talk...it's almost Triple Crown season and I can't wait.
BTW...what plates did you wind up with?
Old 03-26-2011, 02:26 AM   #244
Envy
Bully Proof

Here are some recent pictures I took.

Old 03-26-2011, 02:29 AM   #245
Envy
Bully Proof

And here she is ready for attack...lol...my little Camarosaurus

Old 03-27-2011, 08:59 PM   #246
DerbyChamp06

Drives: 13' RAM 1500 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
Sorry Derby...I've been too busy to check-in here lately. Yes...I have posted a couple of videos...here's a link to the links...lol.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=221

Thanks again for the horse talk...it's almost Triple Crown season and I can't wait.
BTW...what plates did you wind up with?
Your car sounds great! Thanks for the links. Always happy to talk horses! Really looking forward to the TC races too, and really looking forward to taking "Barbaro" to local track this summer.

Still no plates. Got word from the dealership title clerk that personal plates are taking upwards of 3 months through state of MN . The wait/suspense is killing me! I'll let you know once they arrive. (looking like late April/early May) I'm planning a little christening ceremony for the car, and placing 4 gold-painted horse shoes under each tire in grassy field (preferably), then mounting the plates, and draping a bright red #1 Barbaro saddle cloth over door. Love that horse, heart and soul!

Have fun with Envy! Love the new pics. She is a true beauty!!!
Old 03-28-2011, 08:30 AM   #247
in2thefyr2001
LT1FUN

Drives: 2022 LT1 Satin Steel Metallic
I think your car looks great too. I am a girl also and get alot of crap from the guy's. Keep up the good work. Here's mine I call her "Ultimate Syn". This was right after I put my splitter on. I need to get better pictures. Frances
Attached Images

Bayou State Cruisers
in2thefyr2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:02 AM   #248
wadew2lt
U.S. Army Veteran

Drives: 2LT/RS SGM M6 Polished 20's
Hey Mike,
Can't wait to see pics.
wadew2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:04 AM   #249
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Looks great Envy. =)
Old 03-31-2011, 12:16 AM   #250
cpetes

Drives: trailblazer ss
pics in original post taken right in the willow bend area in plano?!
Old 03-31-2011, 01:23 AM   #251
wadew2lt
U.S. Army Veteran

Here's my first two SGM 2011 camaros.

Last edited by wadew2lt; 03-31-2011 at 01:24 AM. Reason: The one on the right is a 1LT and the one on the left is my 2LT. I bought them 3 months apart.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:31 AM   #252
wadew2lt
U.S. Army Veteran

Here's some of what I've done to the 2LT. (More pics to follow)

Matching shark fin and roof spoiler.