Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-09-2009, 03:12 PM   #1
mrpre10der

2nd choice of color for allocation reasons

i was told by my dealer that i should have a second choice of color just in case my color is not being produced for that allocation. ok hopefully he is correct and i dont want to lose my order .as i was number one. question is i ordered a 2ss rs in cgm with silver rims .im looking as my second choice of aqua blue .the question is what color rims do i go with. im thinking polished aluminum.in 20 inch. do i have to pay extra for that .even thou i paid extra for the rims in the rs package i think. im so f#$kikng confused please help anybody

please answer second partr of question to if you can anybody

Last edited by mrpre10der; 02-09-2009 at 04:36 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:13 PM   #2
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
Anyone who pre-ordered the car should be prepared to make some consessions in case their car doesn't fit in the constraints. Could be color or options. Good idea to bring this up.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:17 PM   #3
DealerInfo

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO_Z28 View Post
Anyone who pre-ordered the car should be prepared to make some consessions in case their car doesn't fit in the constraints. Could be color or options. Good idea to bring this up.
well put
DealerInfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:18 PM   #4
Adam
You Said Member

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT Auto RS
I'm willing to wait for cyber gray.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:06 PM   #5
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO_Z28 View Post

I'd add in that they should be prepared to do this if they MUST have the car ASAP.

Otherwise, I'm sorry, I ordered the car for a reason. To get it exactly how I wanted it, no concessions on the matter.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:15 PM   #6
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
I'd add in that they should be prepared to do this if they MUST have the car ASAP.

Otherwise, I'm sorry, I ordered the car for a reason. To get it exactly how I wanted it, no concessions on the matter.
When I got my first Sky I wanted to get one asap, because my wife was dying of cancer. we wanted to be able to enjoy the car for as long as possible after it arrived. My dealer called me and asked if instead of getting a red car with cloth interior would i be willing to get the Midnight blue with Tan Leather. If I changed I would be guarenteed to get one of the first cars. I liked blue so I changed my order, and I ended up getting the 251st one built and it was delivered on March 26th 2006. We had exactly 5 months before my wife was too sick to go out much, but for one last time on September 30th, I took her out to the car in her wheelchair, and we went for about a 30 minute ride with the top down. She passed away less than a month later.

About 11 months later I ordered me a new 2008 Sky in the color I was origonally wanting. So unless you have a very good reason to change your order, You will not be satisfied in settling just to get one early. If I were you I would keep with my order of what I want, you will be much happier in the long run.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:25 PM   #7
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
I guess my birthday (9/30) is a good day around the world. Sorry to hear about her passing.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:25 PM   #8
playhard67
come to poppa

Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
if you are getting the RS and want polished wheels - yes, you have to pay for the polished wheels. I believe it is $420.00 off the top of my head.

I was thinking the same thing. I also ordered CGM, but my dealer did not get an allotment for this consensus...maybe that was a good thing for me. More time for CGM to become validated.

ABM is also my second choice, but I am sticking with CGM.

Cancelled the 2010 SS/RS (for now) and bought this instead (2009 Harley FLHX)
playhard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:28 PM   #9
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
I'm willing to wait for cyber gray.
Me too, I'll wait longer if I have too, hopefully it won't come to that, but CGM is too nice!
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:33 PM   #10
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
...Otherwise, I'm sorry, I ordered the car for a reason. To get it exactly how I wanted it, no concessions on the matter.
YOU GOT THAT RIGHT. I'll wait if I have to. No problem.

p.s. They're going to show me the constraint though...
Old 02-09-2009, 06:42 PM   #11
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
When I got my first Sky I wanted to get one asap, because my wife was dying of cancer. we wanted to be able to enjoy the car for as long as possible after it arrived. My dealer called me and asked if instead of getting a red car with cloth interior would i be willing to get the Midnight blue with Tan Leather. If I changed I would be guarenteed to get one of the first cars. I liked blue so I changed my order, and I ended up getting the 251st one built and it was delivered on March 26th 2006. We had exactly 5 months before my wife was too sick to go out much, but for one last time on September 30th, I took her out to the car in her wheelchair, and we went for about a 30 minute ride with the top down. She passed away less than a month later.

About 11 months later I ordered me a new 2008 Sky in the color I was origonally wanting. So unless you have a very good reason to change your order, You will not be satisfied in settling just to get one early. If I were you I would keep with my order of what I want, you will be much happier in the long run.
Sky.. thats a great story man, although Im sorry to hear about your wife.
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:39 AM   #12
Stingr69
'69 Owned Since '79

Drives: '69 Z/28 LeMans Blue w/White
You should wait for the car in the color you want in my opinion. They will build it CGM once they stop building the current Impalas in gray. That can't be too far off. It is worth the wait to get exactly what you want. The only other time I have pre-ordered anything before was my Harley. It showed up painted the WRONG color. :upset: I never realy got 100% over that until I sold it 2 years later. :(

Tim's tragic but heart warming story was a special case. He had his reasons and you have to respect that. :5thgenvert:

-Mark.
Stingr69 is offline   Reply With Quote