Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 10-02-2010, 09:45 AM   #4747
scruffyluv
CB5thGEN

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS BRM 1LE, 05 Trailblazer
The first one, anything to make it look more unique! We painted my calipers red and blue not too long ago... makes it stand out alot!
scruffyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:04 PM   #4748
VenomZ302
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue RS/SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone View Post
So the body shop will have to paint my new rear bumper next week and it got me thinking about the front. (I plan on posting about my accident sometime this weekend) That post is here.

I was looking at the T2 and T3 bumpers and it has given me some ideas. I don't want to actually get one of these bumpers because it's too new skeuwl for me and I am trying to keep her more retro. I thought about getting the inserts and putting them in, cheaper that way, cause I do like them but it doesn't fit my theme.

I am thinking of painting the front area, between the headlights satin/flat black ala the LS7. But where I need y'alls help is the lower splitter area.

Attachment 168943

So, should I paint the splitter ABM, red arrows, and keep the insets, green arrows, black?

OR Keep the splitter black and paint the bumper black between the purple lines where the purple arrows are kinda like the T2 bumper?

Or just leave it alone and just paint in between the headlights ala LS7 and keep the splitter black.

So three options for ya. Please share your opinions.
Maybe these will help. I don't think this was one of your options, but my choice may be black grille, black bumper, and black splitter.
Attached Images

3/13/09 - Ordered Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS M6!
7/13/09 - Built!
8/11/09 - Delivered!

2G1FT1EW2A9124579
VenomZ302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:59 PM   #4749
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Venom with the mad skillz!!! Thanks for the additional options. Gives me more to think about.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:11 AM   #4750
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2017 2LT Hyper Blue Metallic Camaro
I like the 6th one venom photoshopped.

I'm a little pissed. Washed my car last night around 4-5pm, flayed and waxed part that needed it. I wake up to go to work and now it's raining :( now I gotta wash it again on Thursday for the OC Auto Show on Friday....grrrrr.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:17 PM   #4751
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
I'm a little pissed. Washed my car last night around 4-5pm, flayed and waxed part that needed it. I wake up to go to work and now it's raining :( now I gotta wash it again on Thursday for the OC Auto Show on Friday....grrrrr.
Isn't that just the luck huh? At least it will look twice as good since you washed it twice, right? He he he.

So I have narrowed it down to these two and am really leaning towards the top one. I think it looks better when standing in front of it looking down as opposed to kneeling down and looking at it, like these photos. Besides, I love my color and the more of it the better.

Name:  SplitterGrille.jpg
Views: 847
Size:  228.2 KB

Name:  GrilleOnly.jpg
Views: 837
Size:  224.9 KB

I like what Venom did with the others but they look good if I was going towards the T2/T3 look. I was real tempted to go with his 6th pick as well but I don't think it goes with my retro look. Thanks again Venom for your help.

Now I need to make up my mind on whether or not to make the scoops functional by cutting the holes in the bottom of the bumper for more airflow into the radiator area. I may wait and cut holes once I get a CAI and use it for an air scoop. But cutting up the bumper scares me. Just drilling the holes for the splitter made me cringe.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:24 PM   #4752
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Top One IMHO
Old 10-04-2010, 09:32 PM   #4753
AquaBlueNic
Nicole (& Dave!)

Drives: 2010 AquaBlueMetallic 6Speed Manual
TBone-
I accidently cut a hole in the bottom of my bumper. :( Wanna borrow it?
Just kiddin ya.
[Road hazard, well, parking lot hazard, darnit.]

[At least most people can't really see the damage unless you really look for it.]
Old 10-04-2010, 09:50 PM   #4754
VenomZ302
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue RS/SS M6
Lower of the two, for me. I like the way the black breaks up the color. Good luck with your decision!

3/13/09 - Ordered Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS M6!
7/13/09 - Built!
8/11/09 - Delivered!

2G1FT1EW2A9124579
VenomZ302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:08 PM   #4755
geminidreams

Drives: ABM 2LT / RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHUNION View Post
CamaroFest II - April 15-16. Who's going?
Im not that far from AZ if I can get the Ute's group to go Im wanting to attend.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:57 PM   #4756
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2017 2LT Hyper Blue Metallic Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone View Post
Isn't that just the luck huh? At least it will look twice as good since you washed it twice, right? He he he.

So I have narrowed it down to these two and am really leaning towards the top one. I think it looks better when standing in front of it looking down as opposed to kneeling down and looking at it, like these photos. Besides, I love my color and the more of it the better.

Attachment 169749

Attachment 169750

I like what Venom did with the others but they look good if I was going towards the T2/T3 look. I was real tempted to go with his 6th pick as well but I don't think it goes with my retro look. Thanks again Venom for your help.

Now I need to make up my mind on whether or not to make the scoops functional by cutting the holes in the bottom of the bumper for more airflow into the radiator area. I may wait and cut holes once I get a CAI and use it for an air scoop. But cutting up the bumper scares me. Just drilling the holes for the splitter made me cringe.

T.
i'm going to get the lip part by the headlights blacked out this weekend. i'll take photos for you so you can check out how it looks on our color in a real photo instead of photoshop. the photoshop was very good, but it's never the same
Old 10-05-2010, 01:07 AM   #4757
NC_SG_SS

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
ABM RIP.....one color that should never have gotten dropped...this was my former color choice, once it was eliminated, i went to syn green, another great retro/custom type color...i think the ABM should be brought back on the verts, and Z28 as well..we can wish..it had only about 3% pentitration i was told...still one drop dead color IMO....
2011 2SS/RS SGM KAE, MN6, SLP ZL sways. TPC strut tower brace, GMPP Exhaust,roto-fab cai, pfadt lowering springs, Pedders subframe inserts, radius arm and steering rack inserts. 69 camaro fender and hood badges,heritage grill with orig SS badge, AAC green and white LEDs, RJM designs interior with green houndstooth seats inserts, suede headliner, Berger Chevrolet rear blackout big block tribute, 3stage white gold diamond pearl custom rally stripes by ayers custom paint concord, nc
NC_SG_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:46 PM   #4758
bluetooth-ss

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS A6 and 2018 2500
It is cool being one of the few blue but it would nice if they did a limeted run on the Z-28.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:20 PM   #4759
mvarley

Drives: 2012 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetooth-ss View Post
It is cool being one of the few blue but it would nice if they did a limeted run on the Z-28.
I'm with you on the limited run for the Z-28.
Mike
mvarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:25 PM   #4760
geminidreams

Drives: ABM 2LT / RS
I would be in so much trouble I would have to have a Z-28 forsure if it came in my fav color ABM... Wow that would be awesome.

Tags
abm camaro, aqua blue, aqua blue metallic, aqua blue metallic camaro, camaro, car, sevn86 was here!