Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-06-2020, 03:27 PM   #1
Silverfox666

Drives: LSA HSV R8
Squash fuel system

Hi this is one of my first posts , and from Australia
I have had installed a squash twin pump in my LSA HSV CLUBSPORT R8 which is basically the same running gear as a 5th gen ZL1 . Anyway since the install of the pump with external reg and return line the tank is pressurising really badly the car is a daily driver and has 711 rwhp .. I have had it back at the shop that did the work 3 times and the don’t know what’s going on so I refuse to take it back so before I take it to another shop I though I would see if anyone else had the same problem with the squash setup any help with be so appreciated
Silverfox666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 05:10 PM   #2
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
I'm no expert, but that is pretty difficult to diagnose online. If the shop installed it: they ought to fix it.

What type/size injectors, and what pressure are you reading? Was it properly dialed in when installed? A stuck regulator will cause high pressure.
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 05:42 PM   #3
Silverfox666

Drives: LSA HSV R8
1000cc injectors and fuel pressure is 50 psi and goes up to about 70 psi at WOT , and it has already been back there twice and they had the return line going back through the billet rails and it was boiling the fuel also they did a service on the transmission and that was lacking oil and slipping when I picked it up so I have absolutely no confidence in this shop no more if they dialed it in as you say or not I wouldn’t know as they done so many other things wrong I don’t trust them with a lawn mower let alone my car
Silverfox666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 12:03 AM   #4
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Bad regulator?
Restricted lines?
Plumbed wrong?
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote