Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 02-14-2011, 10:13 PM   #29
Hess Motorsports
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS with WAY TOO MANY MODS
Just in case you want to see our state of the art equipment in use from another C5 member:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ss+motorsports

This is the ONLY way coil overs should be installed; pro-installers, laser accurate alignments, and corner scaling! We get calls all the time from suspension manufacturers who ask us to correct installations on cars that do not respond like they should due to incorrect balance. We can set up simple street cars to our international award winning race cars!

We're running an installation promotion so shoot me an email or PM
Hess Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:08 PM   #30
Chito
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 Camaro black 2ss/rs
Thanks for all the input and I'm still looking for a shop to take it. I was out of town, but I'm back and I'm hoping to have it done at least before the fest.
Chito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:13 PM   #31
leonardo
SoCal HT5 [COTW 11/24/13]

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS / Ducati 1198s
HELP !!!

so as many of you know Ive been dealing with this issue with my camaro squeaking and the place where i got it installed keeps giving me the run around and blaming eibach for giving me "bad sway bars", well yesterday as my oil change was being done I asked the guy to lube up the bushings on the sway bars, well come to find out the squeaking has been coming from an endlink that is rubbing on the spring in the rear driverside !!! thanks a lot adkins !! last time I go to you guys thats for damn sure, well anyway i need a shop in LA /OC area that can give me a killer deal on some hotchkis endlinks FRONT AND BACK since im replacing the rear endlinks might as well replace front ones too, I want the total price including install, please post or pm me. Thanks !!
Old 05-23-2011, 02:47 PM   #32
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo View Post
so as many of you know Ive been dealing with this issue with my camaro squeaking and the place where i got it installed keeps giving me the run around and blaming eibach for giving me "bad sway bars", well yesterday as my oil change was being done I asked the guy to lube up the bushings on the sway bars, well come to find out the squeaking has been coming from an endlink that is rubbing on the spring in the rear driverside !!! thanks a lot adkins !! last time I go to you guys thats for damn sure, well anyway i need a shop in LA /OC area that can give me a killer deal on some hotchkis endlinks FRONT AND BACK since im replacing the rear endlinks might as well replace front ones too, I want the total price including install, please post or pm me. Thanks !!
None of the places listed above?
Old 05-23-2011, 02:50 PM   #33
leonardo

pics

here are the pics so you can all see what kind of "intelligent" people i had work on my car that cant even tighten screws on sway bars some people just need to get a different day job
Attached Images

Old 05-23-2011, 03:19 PM   #34
cterry
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2010 Carmaro SS/RS
Where is the nut that goes on that end link? Did it fall off and they did not notice it? the other one looks like its going to fall off. This is where I had my issues, till I used an Allen to hold the bolt while I tightened it.
I can help you fix that if you get the nut. Easy to do and only takes a minute. Let me know Leo.
cterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:33 PM   #35
leonardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cterry View Post
Where is the nut that goes on that end link? Did it fall off and they did not notice it? the other one looks like its going to fall off. This is where I had my issues, till I used an Allen to hold the bolt while I tightened it.
I can help you fix that if you get the nut. Easy to do and only takes a minute. Let me know Leo.
Would love to just throw another bolt on there but the thread is so jacked up on the endlink it definately needs to be replaced :( so instead of buying another oem cheap endlink i want to go with hotchkis did you install the front and back endlinks yourself ? if so how difficult was it ?
Old 05-23-2011, 04:41 PM   #36
cterry
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2010 Carmaro SS/RS
Leo, just PM'd you before I saw this. I did the suspension myself and not that hard.
End rods shouldn't be hard to do.
Looks like the threads on the one are rusty, so may just need some w-d 40 to get it started, but if threads are all jacked up from being loose, your screwed.
I may need to check into those end links sometime, but haven't had any issues since i got them tight.
cterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:10 PM   #37
Hess Motorsports
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS with WAY TOO MANY MODS
It looks like we're gonna dial Leo in later this week. Until then we're gonna help out and get the current end links as tight as we can get them with the damaged threads. Hell we have enough stock end links around here that we might just swap a temp set until the new set arrives.
Hess Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:48 PM   #38
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
Quote:
Would love to just throw another bolt on there but the thread is so jacked up on the endlink it definately needs to be replaced :( so instead of buying another oem cheap endlink i want to go with hotchkis did you install the front and back endlinks yourself ? if so how difficult was it ?
Leo, you need end links? I still have my stock ones. I bought the Spohn ones.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:38 AM   #39
leonardo

YES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno LS3 View Post
Leo, you need end links? I still have my stock ones. I bought the Spohn ones.
Yes brotha just the rear ones until I get my aftermarket endlinks, because right now I am driving around with one side of sway bar with no bolt :( not very safe , by the way are the SS endlinks the same as the V6 ?
Old 05-24-2011, 06:53 PM   #40
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
Quote:
Yes brotha just the rear ones until I get my aftermarket endlinks, because right now I am driving around with one side of sway bar with no bolt :( not very safe , by the way are the SS endlinks the same as the V6 ?
Damn I only have the front ones. Rears are trashed. I'm sure there the same as SS.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:39 PM   #41
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
So that was the problem we talked about. Now it all makes sense!
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:46 PM   #42
MRGOODWRENCH3
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Come on down to 2 Edge Performance in Costa Mesa. We are by far one of the Top LS Camaro Shop in Orange County. Just ask other members here on the forum. I am the owner and I do all the work. Master ASE Certified, Worked for GM for 15 years, Trained at the factory, Yadya yadya yadya all that stuff. All my customers are 100% satisfied.
I don't want to say anything bad about other shops but 60% of my business is doing repairs from other shop installs....

2 edge performance

Last edited by MRGOODWRENCH3; 05-27-2011 at 11:09 PM.
MRGOODWRENCH3 is offline   Reply With Quote