Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 12-08-2011, 03:02 PM   #5503
leonardo
SoCal HT5 [COTW 11/24/13]

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS / Ducati 1198s
the hood is staying all black thats non-negotiable lol the only thing I am iffy about is weather I should paint the top of trunk lid or leave it as is ..... ..
Old 12-08-2011, 03:15 PM   #5504
ChvyBoss
THAT BOOST TURNS HEADS

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
If u want it to look that plain then leave it as is and just paint the hood black lol
Old 12-08-2011, 03:27 PM   #5505
leonardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChvyBoss View Post
If u want it to look that plain then leave it as is and just paint the hood black lol
sometimes less is more ..... so after a few photoshop pictures of my ride I have decided to just paint the top of car black along with hood all black, no top of trunk lid, that would kill the lines of the rear end
Old 12-08-2011, 03:36 PM   #5506
ChvyBoss
THAT BOOST TURNS HEADS

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo View Post
sometimes less is more ..... so after a few photoshop pictures of my ride I have decided to just paint the top of car black along with hood all black, no top of trunk lid, that would kill the lines of the rear end
So the whole top of your car is gonna be black except for the trunk? That's gonna look off cuz your gonna have a IOM spot on your trunk that isn't gonna look right cuz your spoiler is also black bro.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:51 PM   #5507
Chito
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 Camaro black 2ss/rs
+1 I think it will look off. Just do something to the hood. If u have the photshop pic. Post them so we can see how it will look.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:52 PM   #5508
Missionboi
SoCal HT5 [COTW: 8/12/13]

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE RS
I agree with BOSS, if you have the hood and roof painted black your going to have a awkward trunk lid. If you really wanted to do the roof you should go all out and do trunk, roof and hood.

Just a suggestion from a fellow Head Turner Broke a CHP's neck today haha had a double take. Was right next to him the whole way back home going 70 and following him and he has his windows down so he has a double quick look at my car and in a serious tone he goes, wow is that an SS? I was like nope a v6 ! He was like wow that sounds badass I got a black v6 I want that set up! All on the fwy. Was dangerous, but me and him were the ones leading the pack haha.
Missionboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:55 PM   #5509
Missionboi
SoCal HT5 [COTW: 8/12/13]

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE RS
You can also do IOM where the vents go up on all 6 pieces if i make sense lol. I can try to photoshop it to show you, but I think it will look badass.
Missionboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:14 PM   #5510
leonardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChvyBoss View Post
So the whole top of your car is gonna be black except for the trunk? That's gonna look off cuz your gonna have a IOM spot on your trunk that isn't gonna look right cuz your spoiler is also black bro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chito View Post
+1 I think it will look off. Just do something to the hood. If u have the photshop pic. Post them so we can see how it will look.
damn ! you guys are right , I dont know what to do !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missionboi View Post
I agree with BOSS, if you have the hood and roof painted black your going to have a awkward trunk lid. If you really wanted to do the roof you should go all out and do trunk, roof and hood.

Just a suggestion from a fellow Head Turner Broke a CHP's neck today haha had a double take. Was right next to him the whole way back home going 70 and following him and he has his windows down so he has a double quick look at my car and in a serious tone he goes, wow is that an SS? I was like nope a v6 ! He was like wow that sounds badass I got a black v6 I want that set up! All on the fwy. Was dangerous, but me and him were the ones leading the pack haha.
haha really ? thats a first !! usually when a CHP turns his head towards my car its to pull me over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missionboi View Post
You can also do IOM where the vents go up on all 6 pieces if i make sense lol. I can try to photoshop it to show you, but I think it will look badass.
yes my fellow HT brother, photoshop it and let me see
Old 12-08-2011, 05:38 PM   #5511
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
I'm telling you Leo, an IOM color on the sides all near the vent would look CRAZY!!! Those vents will stick out like a sore thumb. With that bitchin hood, that's exactly what you want. However, if that's not negotiable and the hood must be painted all black, then like I said earlier, the hood and trunk must be painted black as well. Just my opinion though as it will flow nicely. I still love IOM on the sides of the hood and black down the center (or whatever else design you come up with) would look saucy as fook my friend.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:27 PM   #5512
*NeRD*2LTRS
HT5:Keeping it Exclusive

Drives: Black Mamba 2010 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
I'm telling you Leo, an IOM color on the sides all near the vent would look CRAZY!!! Those vents will stick out like a sore thumb. With that bitchin hood, that's exactly what you want. However, if that's not negotiable and the hood must be painted all black, then like I said earlier, the hood and trunk must be painted black as well. Just my opinion though as it will flow nicely. I still love IOM on the sides of the hood and black down the center (or whatever else design you come up with) would look saucy as fook my friend.
And we all know you like saucy sweet cheeks... Listen to Tommy he know a lil on how to turn heads!!!
Old 12-08-2011, 07:49 PM   #5513
TCAT

Lol, thanks Manny Fresh. You're correct, saucyness is always good....unless you're talking about someone shitting/sharting in their pantalones. That's the only bad bidness'.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:55 PM   #5514
bajamoon

Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Say what
Attached Images

bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:18 PM   #5515
leonardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
hmmm maybe ill listen to you Tommy cause like my baby girl Manny said, you do know how to turn heads :-)
Old 12-08-2011, 08:24 PM   #5516
TCAT

Lol, so do you homeslice . Trust me, people drop mega nuggets when your ride rolls by. Now with the new paint, they'll drop golden nuggets.