Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-26-2011, 01:13 PM   #1
StreetStrip
Tyranny is Closing In

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Snake Oil?

Thoughts? Experiences? http://www.evanscooling.com/coolants/
StreetStrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 07:21 PM   #2
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetStrip View Post
It is the REAL DEAL, I have seen it with my own eyes, these guys use my Superflow Chassis Dyno for Data collection.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 07:34 PM   #3
Slowhawk

Drives: 1999 Trans Am
It does work by pulling more heat out of the motor but I see the benefit more towards hot motor's like road racing. We tried it on a high hp car and the added heat of the 220 running temp hurt power by detinating under boost.

So,it works very well but is for a certain market.
Slowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 07:35 PM   #4
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
It is the REAL DEAL, I have seen it with my own eyes, these guys use my Superflow Chassis Dyno for Data collection.

Ted.
Seriously? I mean I'm not doubting you Ted, just comes as a shock to me. The claims they made were pretty far fetched to me.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:30 AM   #5
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Seriously? I mean I'm not doubting you Ted, just comes as a shock to me. The claims they made were pretty far fetched to me.
Some stuff can be taken out of context as above, but trust me this is a superior coolant in the right application.

Many street rods use it, Many Road Race teams, Many Circle track teams, and Everyone who uses it Swears by it.

Evans is Responsible for GMs switch to Reverse Flow Cooling back in 93 on the LT1, So this Guy knows a little about Cooling systems.

Ted.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:34 PM   #6
Hess Motorsports
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS with WAY TOO MANY MODS
we use this on ALL of our big builds. It works VERY well and we have had to run under some extreme conditions where the engine water temp was well above 240 for extended periods of time. Just check track rules, some places hate the stuff and won't allow it because it is some seriously slippery stuff that takes hours to remove from asphalt!

I know Evans can explain it better but to try to lay this out simply;

because the boiling point is so much higher, those little air bubbles that appear at the bottom of a pan on a stove as the water heats up are the same air bubbles that turn into pockets that build up on the sides of the cylinder walls. As those areas bond to the walls, that creates a hot spot on the cylinder wall creating even more heat because there is no way to transfer the heat out anymore on that area. So that in turn increases the size and amount of those air pockets creating a boil over situation. By utilizing a fluid that will not create those small bubbles, the cylinder walls keep a more uniform temperature and the temperatures increase slower over time. Without all those air bubbles forming larger air pockets, the fluid does not get pushed out or bubble over as does normal aqueous coolants once those air pockets get large enough to seperate from the block. And since this fluid has such a high boiling point, there is no need to run high pressure radiator caps. Evens recommends a 6psi cap.

Simply put... Awesome stuff!
Hess Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 07:17 AM   #7
StreetStrip
Tyranny is Closing In

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hess Motorsports View Post
we use this on ALL of our big builds. It works VERY well and we have had to run under some extreme conditions where the engine water temp was well above 240 for extended periods of time. Just check track rules, some places hate the stuff and won't allow it because it is some seriously slippery stuff that takes hours to remove from asphalt!

I know Evans can explain it better but to try to lay this out simply;

because the boiling point is so much higher, those little air bubbles that appear at the bottom of a pan on a stove as the water heats up are the same air bubbles that turn into pockets that build up on the sides of the cylinder walls. As those areas bond to the walls, that creates a hot spot on the cylinder wall creating even more heat because there is no way to transfer the heat out anymore on that area. So that in turn increases the size and amount of those air pockets creating a boil over situation. By utilizing a fluid that will not create those small bubbles, the cylinder walls keep a more uniform temperature and the temperatures increase slower over time. Without all those air bubbles forming larger air pockets, the fluid does not get pushed out or bubble over as does normal aqueous coolants once those air pockets get large enough to seperate from the block. And since this fluid has such a high boiling point, there is no need to run high pressure radiator caps. Evens recommends a 6psi cap.

Simply put... Awesome stuff!
Nice explaination!
StreetStrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:15 AM   #8
TinyToasta

Drives: way too fast....
Are there any disadvantages for a daily-driven non-race car other than the one-off cost?

What - if anything - needs changing on the cooling system to make efficient use of this coolant?
CTS-V Brake upgrade, Street: 22'' Vossen CV1, Strip: 18'' Forgestar F14 on MT Street Radials
TinyToasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:08 AM   #9
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyToasta View Post
Are there any disadvantages for a daily-driven non-race car other than the one-off cost?

What - if anything - needs changing on the cooling system to make efficient use of this coolant?
No disadvantages.

Each person should consult with Evans for they're application.