Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-11-2016, 06:51 PM   #1
Trentin24
Trentin24

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Replacing all Speakers

I am currently in the process of replacing all of my speakers.
I purchased the Infinity Kappa 60.11CS 6.5" speakers for the fronts, and the Infinity Kappa 693.11i 6x9" for the rears. Being powered by an Alpine-PDX-V9 amplifier, and I have a Rockford Fosgate P3D2-10 subwoofer.

A year or so ago i purchased the FARK V3 harness from Sub Thump because i was just running a 2 channel amp for my sub. But now that I am going to be using all new speakers, will I be able to use the harness if I am running new wire to all of the speakers?

I am going to be starting this towards the end of this week if everything gets in the mail like it says it is supposed to and i will be posting pictures of everything and updating my progress!
Trentin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 07:36 PM   #2
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
You,could use it if you wire everything up to the harness. I used factory wires which arnt the best but I was tired of messing with it
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 07:41 PM   #3
Trentin24
Trentin24

So if I want to use the harness I can't run new wire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-11-2016, 07:58 PM   #4
tazman

Drives: 2014 ZL1
You can use the harness to supply the amp then run new wires from the amps to the speakers if that is what you want to do. I think it is difficult to get wires into the door so look at that before you decide you are going to run new speaker wires.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:11 PM   #5
Trentin24
Trentin24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazman View Post
You can use the harness to supply the amp then run new wires from the amps to the speakers if that is what you want to do. I think it is difficult to get wires into the door so look at that before you decide you are going to run new speaker wires.

I did it once in a previous camaro. It did suck but this time I'll have more patience and it's not my daily driver so I won't be stranded.

Old 07-11-2016, 10:22 PM   #6
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentin24 View Post
So if I want to use the harness I can't run new wire?

I misread your original post...Below is correct, however running into the doors wasn't to bad for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazman View Post
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 02:05 AM   #7
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentin24 View Post
I did it once in a previous camaro. It did suck but this time I'll have more patience and it's not my daily driver so I won't be stranded.

Use the stock wiring, running new wires to every speaker is a pain! Stock wiring should suffice. You need an amp to power the 4ch and another amp or two to run your subwoofers. Use a 4ch amp that has Sub outputs. Or use something like AudioControl LC7i to create a true Sub output, that's what I would do. Also the rear speakers are a real PIA.

Last edited by CreeperRS; 07-12-2016 at 11:20 AM.
CreeperRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 01:34 PM   #8
Roebel

Drives: 2015 Camaro
I just installed the Alpine PDX-V9 last weekend. I used the whole Fark kit with the X2 connecting the speaker wires. There is absolutely no reason to rewire the speakers, you won't gain anything just add a lot of work and time.
Roebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 12:36 AM   #9
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roebel View Post
I just installed the Alpine PDX-V9 last weekend. I used the whole Fark kit with the X2 connecting the speaker wires. There is absolutely no reason to rewire the speakers, you won't gain anything just add a lot of work and time.
Old 07-14-2016, 06:24 PM   #10
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
I have upgraded both sound systems in both 5th gen camaros I have owned. didn't even bother with the rear deck speakers in either, too much hastle. sure the improvement will be better but cost to do so for the return just didn't make it worth while. concentrated on door components that were a much higher quality and would handle more power, fark kit, 4 channel amp that was almost double the stock power, mono amp and sub. went from 245 watts to just over 1000. pretty much clear at any volume and much louder when I want it to be.

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 06:29 PM   #11
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roebel View Post
agree about the wiring, the wiring on the BA system was the one thing about the system they did right from the factory. will handle alot more power, no need to rewire

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 11:57 AM   #12
Rainbow1616

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaf View Post
I have upgraded both sound systems in both 5th gen camaros I have owned. didn't even bother with the rear deck speakers in either, too much hastle. sure the improvement will be better but cost to do so for the return just didn't make it worth while. concentrated on door components that were a much higher quality and would handle more power, fark kit, 4 channel amp that was almost double the stock power, mono amp and sub. went from 245 watts to just over 1000. pretty much clear at any volume and much louder when I want it to be.
So you just left your stock rear speakers in and powered them off the new amp or did you eliminate them?
Rainbow1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 03:15 PM   #13
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow1616 View Post
So you just left your stock rear speakers in and powered them off the new amp or did you eliminate them?
If anything, most people eliminate/turn off the center dash speaker and leave the two rears alone.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 03:58 PM   #14
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Hi Tentin, sorry--been afk.

Yea no, the 22awg oem lamp cord in your Camaro is not the same as aftermarket. Now, I'll give you the indisputable fact that most retail stores will attempt to sell you their version of snake oil, though please believe me when I say that there is nothing you can buy worth the money over Karma Wire. Cheap also, buy the 100' roll and be done with it.

Copper wire is copper wire is copper wire, we don't replace the OEM wire because it's copper. We primarily replace it because the 22awg is unable to properly handle the current load, with secondary benefits (albeit minor) of increased shielding, higher quality (content %) copper, lower amplifier strain, it's easy and it looks cool.

Minor issue with door, drill a hole below the grommet or run it through grommet with wire hanger.

http://imgur.com/a/kLIlP
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote