Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2018, 07:18 PM   #1
YaBish
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS on Skates
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 11
Changing Automatic Shifter Assembly

So, I was installing a leather shift knob on my 14 2LS. I broke the piece that unlocks the shifter. I have to replace the entire shifter assembly. Is this something I can do on my own or does it require a lift and a bunch of tools? Does anybody have a step by step. I can remove everything down to the shifter plate, but after that, I'm clueless. My apologies if this has already been detailed. I've been searching for it but wasn't able to locate a how-to. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
YaBish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 10:45 AM   #2
YaBish
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS on Skates
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 11
Any help anybody?
YaBish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 07:00 PM   #3
Tech@B&MRacing
 
Tech@B&MRacing's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaBish View Post
So, I was installing a leather shift knob on my 14 2LS. I broke the piece that unlocks the shifter. I have to replace the entire shifter assembly. Is this something I can do on my own or does it require a lift and a bunch of tools? Does anybody have a step by step. I can remove everything down to the shifter plate, but after that, I'm clueless. My apologies if this has already been detailed. I've been searching for it but wasn't able to locate a how-to. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaBish View Post
Any help anybody?
Your best bet would be to check out what YouTube has to offer. I was able to find some removal/installation videos with a quick search.

- Jason @ B&M Racing
Tech@B&MRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 07:30 PM   #4
YaBish
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS on Skates
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech@B&MRacing View Post
Your best bet would be to check out what YouTube has to offer. I was able to find some removal/installation videos with a quick search.

- Jason @ B&M Racing
Yeah, I thought of that. They have videos of shifters being put in but I couldnt find any of the full shifter assembly being changed. If you found one on there, could you share it?
YaBish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 11:09 AM   #5
Tech@HurstPerformance
 
Tech@HurstPerformance's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaBish View Post
Yeah, I thought of that. They have videos of shifters being put in but I couldnt find any of the full shifter assembly being changed. If you found one on there, could you share it?
Try giving this a shot...I ran into this yesterday for a client with a similar vehicle and found that the Hurst Billet/Plus Shifter part# 3916030 is the same shifter for the V6 & V8 with the only difference being the gear pattern on the shift knob. I have included a link below to the installation instructions for the Hurst shifter. I hope that this helps you out! Good luck.



- Jason @ Hurst
Tech@HurstPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
6l50, assembly, shifter

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.