Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > California Meets and Events

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 11:10 AM   #309
QBert
Traction Control Hater

Drives: 1968 SS and 2010 SS
Looks like I am in as well.
Should be fun
Old 05-12-2010, 11:31 AM   #310
d69chris
Florida C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
See you MONDAY

Can't wait to trade PAINT with Michael.... The Black stripes will look good on my car.

I am installing a set of rubber baby buggy bumpers this weekend!
Old 05-12-2010, 07:28 PM   #311
HunterSwift

Drives: Pontiac G8 GT
So do we have roll call list going, to see who all on here is going?

I know originally it was those who were interested, but then not everyone paid, etc.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:34 PM   #312
comm54
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2SS/RS IBM M6-when she lets me
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlC View Post
Looks like I'm coming out for some fun too, but mine's a bit more "vintage" than most of you guys.

Rule #1: It's all about the line.
Rule #2: It's all about the line.
Rule #3: It's all about the line.
I tried to learn the line at the Streets, but I couldn't keep up!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by d69chris View Post
See you MONDAY

Can't wait to trade PAINT with Michael.... The Black stripes will look good on my car.

I am installing a set of rubber baby buggy bumpers this weekend!
You are a funny guy!?!

4 days 11 hours 26 mins
Old 05-13-2010, 02:52 AM   #313
E. Stone
Black and bitchin

Drives: Black 2SS/RS
Please tell me Cole Trickle isnt comming to this event...And no shake and bake either! Everyone better be nice because I want to make it to the Laker game afterwards!
Old 05-13-2010, 08:20 AM   #314
QBert
Traction Control Hater

Drives: 1968 SS and 2010 SS
Shake n Baby baby
Old 05-13-2010, 01:42 PM   #315
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Talking Latest E-Mail from Dan @ B&M..........

On the day of, you will need to present your completed and signed tech inspection form at registration to receive your car number, badge, lanyard, and wrist-band indicating you are a driver. You will not be allowed into the hot-pits without the wrist-band. If you need a loaner helmet, try and arrive as early as you can since you will need to test fit a few helmet to get the right size. Also garages are first come, first serve. We only have about 40 garages and there’s about 55 drivers signed up (although there are plenty of parking).

Speaking of schedule:

7:15am Registration opens

8:00am MANDATORY Driver’s meeting

9:00am track goes hot.

Camaros will be the first group to go on track, so if you are registered as a Camaro driver and need helmet, please get it done before the 8:00am driver’s meeting. Challenger and Mustang drivers will have a little break between the driver’s meeting and their first session so if you need a helmet you can try them on after the driver’s meeting to ease the back-log. We have about 40 loaner helmets so everyone should be accommodated, but if you do have your own, please bring and use that.

For those of you who’ve never done one of these track events, or have done maybe only a handful, while this is about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on, it does require 110% of your concentration. My suggestion is, to leave work, personal life, and ego at the gate. Don’t let anything else distract you while you are on the facilities. Turn off cell-phones, turn on out-of-office auto responders, clear your mind of life’s troubles and you will have the best time(s) of your life at the track. Since we (B&M and Hurst) have our name on the event, we’ve chosen to run it with a ZERO TOLERANCE policy. So if you’re at the facilities, please abide by the rules. No alcoholic drinks will be allowed. Speed limits of 5 miles per hour inside the paddocks and 25 mph on the facility to the infield will be strictly enforced. We’re all here to have a good time, so let’s all cooperate and enjoy each other’s company while we’re here. J

Water will be provided through-out the day and we’ll have yummy Hawaiian BBQ catered for lunch. There will be no gas on the facilities unless it’s the kind that passes through your gastro-intestinal tract, but there are pumps just outside the track on Cherry (there’s a Chevron one block north of the track and a Shell two blocks south of the track) so please plan your pitstops accordingly. Also, if you need some coffee to kick start your morning and a nice breakfast, there are quite a few fast food facilities on the way in to the track just north AND south of the track as well. Again, plan accordingly. If you intend to arrive as a group, there’s a Carls Jr. just north of the 10 freeway off of the off-ramp with a sizable parking lot.

Also, let all your friends, family, and co-workers know about the event. Spectatin’ is free. There are a couple of good places to take photos too, and we will have a professional track photographer there to take pictures of y’all on the track. His services come with a nominal fee but they’re of very high quality.

Lastly, if you cannot get your vehicle inspected and the form signed off, I will be at the track this weekend…And will do what I can to inspect what I can see without the aid of a lift. Best time to do so will be between 4:30pm to 5:30pm on Saturday but if you come earlier I will spare every effort to help inspect the car. There’s a BMW CCA event using the Roval on Saturday and Sunday that I will be involved in, it would be a good opportunity to check out the track before actually “checking out” the track.

Let the clock watching begin!

Dan Wu

Director of Internet Marketing
Old 05-13-2010, 01:59 PM   #316
Dan@BMRacing

Drives: 2004 Nissan 350Z
p.s.: Forgot this little tidbit: Pets are okay at the facilities as long as they're leashed/controlled, and you are absolutely responsible for their "belongings." Not something I'd recommend bringing though.

Same goes for small children, except you'll have to sign a parental waiver for the small children.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:25 PM   #317
cterry
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2010 Carmaro SS/RS
Thanks for keeping us updated Dan with the details. Looks foward to the event on Monday. I got a helmet, tech inspeciton is done will bring the items on the checklist. Based on your experiance, does the front of the car get chipped up much from other cars in front throwing stuff up from the track?
Old 05-13-2010, 04:39 PM   #318
HaddadMotorsports

Drives: Camaro
Cole Trickle Checking in.

Talked to Dan today and I guess he put me in with the Challengers.
Hope they don't hold me up too much

If anybody going to this event needs help with anything at all feel free to give me a call.

Tribone: we got a carpool going up?

Thanks
Mike Haddad
Old 05-13-2010, 04:42 PM   #319
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Any San Diego people want to caravan up??
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Old 05-13-2010, 06:13 PM   #320
khaneric
Vroom Vroom Party Starter

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
BTW should we bring EZ Ups and chairs etc?
2009 Pontiac G8 GT - Current
Old 05-13-2010, 10:25 PM   #321
HunterSwift

Drives: Pontiac G8 GT
Haddad what car are you bringing? The Haddad G8 or something else? are you a sponsor too?
Old 05-13-2010, 10:45 PM   #322
tribone
Searchin' ....

Drives: Powered by Bowtie
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaddadMotorsports View Post
Cole Trickle Checking in.

Talked to Dan today and I guess he put me in with the Challengers.
Hope they don't hold me up too much

If anybody going to this event needs help with anything at all feel free to give me a call.

Tribone: we got a carpool going up?

Thanks
Mike Haddad
Sure!! What time are you planning on being around 91 and 5?

-Guillermo

-Guillermo
My Pictures

Closed Thread