Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: When are you getting your Camaro?
I'm driving it off the delivery truck! 11 37.93%
I want/have to wait less than a year 12 41.38%
I want/have to wait more than a year 6 20.69%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2007, 01:48 PM   #1
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
My countdown is now 678

I had originally planned to be the first on the list to pre-order my Camaro and be camped out in their parking lot when it rolled off the truck. Sadly, logic and responsibility caught up with me last night. I have been doing some calculations and found that if I put the $500 a month that I was planning on saving for the camaro towards the additional $500 I'm already paying for my student loan, I could have the entire student loan paid off in August of 2009. Coincidentally, my insurance record will be completely wiped clean on August 19, 2009 (assuming I don't add anything more to it before then).

If I were to get the Camaro in February, I would not be finished paying off the loan until 2011 and I would be paying both the Camaro payments and loan payments until then. This is where the logic comes in, if I pay off the loan first, and then buy the Camaro, I suddenly have an extra $500 a month that I can put towards the car either in terms of double payments or modifications (more likely double payments).

I've downloaded Google's "Countdown to Anything" widget for my sidebar and put in August 20th as the date for buying my Camaro. But if I want any kind of a downpayment, I may need to wait a few months after that.

Now that you've all read my boring story, here's the question:

What is your countdown and why? How many of you are planning on driving your Camaro off the delivery truck, and how many are going to wait and watch your Camaro sit in the dealers lot until you feel like selling a lung and a kidney just so you won't have to wait any longer?
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:54 PM   #2
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Summer 2010. If things continue on their current path, I'll have at least a 15k down payment, and no student loans. This will also give me some "wiggle" room to decide whether or not I want to get it in 2010, or wait for better tech...

here's to hoping!
Old 10-11-2007, 02:00 PM   #3
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Something like June 09

That gives me roughly 1 year to work a 2nd job after I finish my degree. That year of a 2nd job will also pay off the accumulated 2g'ish of debt from college. Paid for college myself out of pocket (or in some cases with cc till cash was available). And it will help my cammy fund grow. My camaro fund is only about $200.00 but that in addition to my truck (10k trade in value now.. hoping to get 7-8k out of it in 09)

Edit - BTW I will be ordering my new cammy and I WILL be at the dealer when it is pulled off the truck (thats part of my agreement with the dealer)
Old 10-11-2007, 02:22 PM   #4
69copo
Sorry officer

Drives: CTS/V 2SS/RS Collector
Send a message via Yahoo to 69copo
Off The Truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been employeed in the insurance business for some time now, and with the pay set up the way it is I have a mothly income that is quite substantial. I guess I've been fortunate. That is why my local GM dealership (Serpentini Chevrolet) allready has a down payment to ensure that I get one right of the truck. All we are waiting for is the numbers to be released so we can start shopping!
69copo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 02:46 PM   #5
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
I am 90% sure that if they are at the lots in January 09 I will go in and put a down-payment in and special order mine, then wait the .... 2-3 months to get it in? so I would have it by March 09.
I thought about Dragons idea of waiting for better tech, but then was like, well thats 12, 15, 24 months I would not have the Camaro, F-word that. If it turns out I am not impressed or see a much better car comming out in 2011, then I will will do a trade in or something, but I think that I will be more than Happy with the 09, so why wait.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:55 PM   #6
Dark Knight
Does it come in BLACK?

Drives: 2001 FIREBIRD (for now!!)
Send a message via Yahoo to Dark Knight
That's actually pretty wise thinking Pencil.Fight. It might take longer to get it but it will be worth it in the end.

Me...my plan is to have at least 20k saved up for one. I enjoy things more when they are mostly mine and not mostly a bank of finance company. I'm predicting sometime in 09 and hopefully an SS or Z28 (whichever the top level is called) will be out by then.I f not i will just wait until it becomes available. I have waited this long...what's a little more gonna hurt to get exactly what i want?

Good things come to those who wait
Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 03:10 PM   #7
SoFlaZ

Drives: 2013 SS LS3
I probably wont be able to get mine until around summer 09 because right now I have $0 saved and need to be out of college with a job. I hate to admit it but my parents agreed to help me with a down payment but I still agreed to pay them back once I get the $$$ afterward. Then I plan to drive it off of the special order truck.
SoFlaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 03:11 PM   #8
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Quote:
I enjoy things more when they are mostly mine and not mostly a bank of finance company
I have just as much fun when the bank owns it
Old 10-11-2007, 03:18 PM   #9
taxtackler

Drives: 1977vette 1994 Z28
depending on how good tax season is.......I will be good to go next year!!!!!
Cant wait!
taxtackler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 04:02 PM   #10
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Summer 2010. If things continue on their current path, I'll have at least a 15k down payment, and no student loans. This will also give me some "wiggle" room to decide whether or not I want to get it in 2010, or wait for better tech...

here's to hoping!

hmm, looks like you already said that Dragon. That happens to me alot and so from now on, if you say the same thing that I want to say, I will just say it instead saying I wanted to say it.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 05:57 PM   #11
Mr. Wyndham

Cool deal

Old 10-11-2007, 06:38 PM   #12
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
I will be getting mine whenever the 6.2L is available (assuming there is one). I am determined to pay cash for this car. I have always financed cars in the past, and I too am tired of being slave to the lender. I have just over 20k saved up and hope to have around 30k saved by release.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 06:43 PM   #13
Mr. Wyndham

btw, Welcome back Casull -it's been a while...:p
Old 10-11-2007, 06:48 PM   #14
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
If what the rumors here are right about the price, it'll be this spring. Took a month when I ordered my dakota, so, order my camaro in march, get it in april.
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote