Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 11-16-2011, 01:49 PM   #15
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by flht99b View Post
My wife has been awaiting the XTS arrival. After seeing these pictures and reading the specs I don't believe she will give up her '06 black on black DTS Performance sedan for an XTS, at least not until she sees it in person and gets to take it for a ride.
Ed M.
If it makes you feel any better, I've sat in both a fully loaded 2011 CTS and 2011 DTS and the CTS's interior is far superior to the DTS in materials used and in technology... The CTS also has a higher HP engine, which really surprised me. But anyway, I think the XTS looks like a HUGE upgrade over the DTS and the current CTS.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:58 PM   #16
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
The XTS, while not the true flagship (a RWD 7-series/S-class competitor is on the way), definitely ushers in a new era for Cadillac interiors. Expect similar interior treatments for the ATS and 2013 SRX.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:19 PM   #17
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
It just doesn't look like a Cadillac to me.
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:44 PM   #18
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
It should do its job fairly well. FWD won't be too much of a barrier though ... most people don't know what wheels are powering their car, and even fewer know what the advantages and disadvantages are of the different configurations. Same thing with the power of the engine. For the most part, the 3.6 will do an adequate job. Enthusiasts will be wanting more, but ~13lb/hp isn't bad for a big luxury sedan that isn't trying to be a high performance car. Although I do think that a turbocharged V6 or possibly an e-assist hybrid V6 powertrain would be a welcome upgrade on an upper level trim for this car.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:54 PM   #19
FenwickHockey65

Twin-turbocharged V6 is on the way.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:17 PM   #20
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Transverse mount.

And FWD with optional torque-vectoring Haldex AWD.
Ok. Cross that one off the list.

Same reason I can't stomach a Traverse or Equinox.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:31 AM   #21
Shifty 6

Drives: 2010 GTI
When I first saw the interior shot of the instruments I thought "Guys the Simpson's is coming on hurry up!" " here just put these in, I don't want to miss the opening credits"

After seeing the video, I was pretty impressed. No one will ever leave it on that particular screen unless the just drank some poison and need to induce vomiting, but the rest looks really good. I would be very interested in seeing the actual quality of the materials i.e. the seats and dash.

I hope the car is as advertised. So far it looks like a winner. The little details will make this car a big hit.
Shifty 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:46 AM   #22
flht99b

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab2g View Post
If it makes you feel any better, I've sat in both a fully loaded 2011 CTS and 2011 DTS and the CTS's interior is far superior to the DTS in materials used and in technology... The CTS also has a higher HP engine, which really surprised me. But anyway, I think the XTS looks like a HUGE upgrade over the DTS and the current CTS.
Take a CTS and a DTS performance sedan for a trip like we have. The DTS Performance sedan wins hands down when you spend hours on the road. I don't believe the DTS has been available with the higher output Northstar 4.6 my wife's car has for a couple of years now. Yeah, the DTS was really just an upgraded Aurora but it is a great road car, quiet, comfortable and with the higher output 4.6 Northstar, goes pretty good.
Ed M.
RJT 2SS/RS, AAM 3.70's, MTI Sway Bars, Shifter & SS brake lines, ZLI calipers, rotors & pads, BMR Trailing & Toe Arms, rear cradle & diff bushes, Pedders XA's, Camber/Toe eccentrics, Radius arm inserts, GTO clutch reservoir, LS9 cam, Comp valve springs, Melling 10296 oil pump, CR5 timing chain, LS6 damper, CAI Cold Air Intake, ARH LT headers w/HF cats, GMPP touring axle back, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Forgeline 20x9.5 & 20x11 DS3 whls, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 tires, 2011 Convertible spoiler, 1LE front spoiler, Lloyd "SS" Floor Mats, GM Camaro Trunk Mat, wrapped console & Grant steering wheel.
flht99b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:54 AM   #23
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Not feeling this one at all. Why Front wheel drive? Interior is nice ,but the outside looks like all the other foreign luxury full size cars with a caddy grill.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:06 AM   #24
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Not feeling this one at all. Why Front wheel drive? Interior is nice ,but the outside looks like all the other foreign luxury full size cars with a caddy grill.
It's essentially a stop-gap measure until the RWD Omega Cadillac.

GM had a few choices...keep the outdated DTS in the lineup looking completely out of place next to modern Cadillacs like the upcoming ATS and CTS lineup...kill the DTS and leave a gap at the top of the sedan lineup...or build an interim sedan on one of their best platforms with interior amenities and technology worthy of the Cadillac nameplate until the proper flagship is ready.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:14 AM   #25
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Probably because they had an available platform of that size which was FWD and the majority of buyers don't really care (if they even know) whether their car is FWD or RWD.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:22 AM   #26
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
It's essentially a stop-gap measure until the RWD Omega Cadillac.

GM had a few choices...keep the outdated DTS in the lineup looking completely out of place next to modern Cadillacs like the upcoming ATS and CTS lineup...kill the DTS and leave a gap at the top of the sedan lineup...or build an interim sedan on one of their best platforms with interior amenities and technology worthy of the Cadillac nameplate until the proper flagship is ready.
I see. I was worried that they were going to make this a trend.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:24 AM   #27
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
I love, love that interior guage cluster...wow

I do not care for the exterior, looks like a mix of Cadillac grill, Lincoln MKS rear, and Benz CLS front quarters, and Chrysler's 200 rear slope.

I have an 08 CTS too and like the edgy racing style..
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:43 AM   #28
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indpowr View Post
I love, love that interior guage cluster...wow

I do not care for the exterior, looks like a mix of Cadillac grill, Lincoln MKS rear, and Benz CLS front quarters, and Chrysler's 200 rear slope.

I have an 08 CTS too and like the edgy racing style..
The thing about the XTS is that it in no way is supposed to be a rip-your-head-off CTS-V. It's primarily an elegant luxury cruiser, packed to the gills with the latest technology.

Now...that may change with the LF3...