Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 11-21-2013, 11:07 PM   #127
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
With that being said, gm mentions turning radius and 302hp as highlights which is encouraging. But noway will it be a tacoma people.
So you seriously believe this new Colorado won't touch a Tacoma. Seriously????

Geez...some people really do think that thing is Gods midsize gift to man I guess even though its only just OK in every area. Its competition was just no good for so long.

I think when people start to see this truck with other options some of you who don't care for it now will start to change.

...and then theres always the Canyon yet, so keep the faith.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:08 PM   #128
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Old 11-22-2013, 08:11 AM   #129
roorback

Drives: V8 permagrin
I actually love this truck. The thai version scared me off, but dang, this little truck is aggressive looking and has nice power. Is the overseas version's MPG posted anywhere? I'd love to get an idea of the difference between the v6 and diesel.
roorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:25 AM   #130
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Not trolling at all. Just my opinion. I currently own all Chevy trucks. I believe currently that I have a stake body, dump truck, four 3500 extended cab LTZ 4x4 with stahul work bodies, one regular cab 2500 4x4 with stahul work body, two 2500 extended cab 4x4 LTZs, one 2500 LTZ crew cab, one 2500 regular cab 4x4 gas, and two 3500 cut a ways with 12' Spartan bodies.

My point is that I love Chevy trucks and have always used them for the most part. Trolling? No. Not liking the direction GM is taking with their trucks? Yes.

Why is a different opinion other than the status quo always considered trolling on this forum?
That's why I said, "Can't tell if..."

You stated you liked the previous model Colorado, yet the overwhelming majority of opinion was that the previous model was bland and under-powered (at least until Chevy put a V8 in it, but that was until it's last few years).

Apparently, no matter what Chevrolet did for this new model was going to be the wrong decision in some people's minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I thought it stated that when you signed up you must not differ from majority opinion and love all GM vehicles when you signed up haha
There's a difference between constructive criticism and useless negative feedback. Take a wild guess which category you're currently falling under.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrs2lt View Post
Old styling not very unique! I would include the cab shape as Tacoma not just the back windows. I'm sure Toyota doesn't refer to GM for style! HA
Quote:
If I had a dollar for every un inspired POS GM made I'd be a millionaire
Quote:
It may not hold the lawnmower characteristics of the current model (interior design, ride, appearance) but not enough new unique characteristics for my taste.
Quote:
Angrybird, that's an invalid comparison. You have to use a Tacoma from 5-10 yrs ago and compare it to the 2015. Simply because that's about how far GM is behind on mid or small truck designs etc..
So, your first post says they should take more styling cues from the Tacoma, then you're saying that GM is producing stuff that isn't unique and is uninspired.

Why not just go buy a Tacoma if that's what you want Chevrolet to produce so badly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
Two things;
1. No comparison between tacomas and colorados, I had both, tacoma beats it every area and then some.
2. "Previous" Colorado was horrendous in turning radius, I could not even turn around in the street without backing up, my buddies quad cab long bed made(it became the butt of many jokes at work), also after ported TB, tune, chip, intake, etc. it was still a dog!! the 3.5 was a joke horrible accelaration, I couldnt wait to trade it in as it was my fiances and didnt miss it when it was gone. The tacoma turned into my camaro, and my jeep serves purpose for offroad.

With that being said, gm mentions turning radius and 302hp as highlights which is encouraging. But noway will it be a tacoma people.
So, you're assuming the Tacoma will beat the new generation Colorado based on what? The assumption that the new generation will perform exactly like the previous generation? If that's the case, why not compare the Toyota Hilux to the previous gen Colorado, if that's the kind of comparisons you want to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
How can you possibly make that call for this new truck?
Exactly what I was thinking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
When I see this:

All I can think of is this:

I was really hoping for something that looked more like the new Silverado... I won't be running out to buy one of these. The only thing that really appeals to me here is the diesel... That's pretty cool, but only an auto trans? Disappointed again.
So, you see a mid-size Colorado and it makes you think of a full-size Tundra? I can't tell if that's a compliment or a complaint...

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:35 AM   #131
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Look, I'm not going to sit here at this time and say Chevrolet just created the most amazing midsize truck mankind has ever and will ever see.

If you don't like it, you don't like it. But if you're going to offer up your negative opinion, at least do so in a constructive manner. Put some thought into it. If you're just saying something negative for the sake of saying something, don't bother.

We get it. You really, really like your old Tacoma because it was so much better than the Colorado that was available at the time.

This is not the same truck as the one you looked at 5-10 years ago.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:56 AM   #132
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
^ Appreciate your guidance wise one. I disagree so I must review my thoughts
ssrs2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:10 AM   #133
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
Look, I'm not going to sit here at this time and say Chevrolet just created the most amazing midsize truck mankind has ever and will ever see.

If you don't like it, you don't like it. But if you're going to offer up your negative opinion, at least do so in a constructive manner. Put some thought into it. If you're just saying something negative for the sake of saying something, don't bother.

We get it. You really, really like your old Tacoma because it was so much better than the Colorado that was available at the time.

This is not the same truck as the one you looked at 5-10 years ago.
So why isn't okay to just say you don't like something? People all the time on here just say things like "I like it" or "awesome" without giving an explanation as to why, and they don't get slammed for not providing more input or for not being a constructive post. It works Both ways you know.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:18 AM   #134
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
Ok I like the new Colorado cause it looks great in my eyes quite the sporty look to if I do have to say so myself its also awesome cause it is going to offer a diesel option after a year in production and that there will be plenty of accessories to personalize/make it unique. Oh and that hate most things Toyota cause they make boring cars and don't do much for the car enthusiast other than the LFA Frs and a few lexus models.
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:23 AM   #135
FenwickHockey65

Diesel option alone is reason enough to like this truck.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:26 AM   #136
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Quote:
^ Appreciate your guidance wise one. I disagree so I must review my thoughts
Sarcasm noted.

Quote:
So why isn't okay to just say you don't like something? People all the time on here just say things like "I like it" or "awesome" without giving an explanation as to why, and they don't get slammed for not providing more input or for not being a constructive post. It works Both ways you know.
Normally, if people say they like something, they don't think the thing they like needs any major improvements.

Whereas when someone says they don't like something, that inherently means they think something can be improved.

So, if you don't like something about this truck, say what it is you don't like and offer respectful suggestions.

That's called constructive criticism.

The phrases, "that's ugly," or, "that looks hideous," or whatever other variant you want to throw in is a useless critique of the product. If you genuinely want to see a company do something better, get off your lazy posting ass and make some suggestions.

How is this a complicated concept?

Old 11-22-2013, 10:27 AM   #137
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:27 AM   #138
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:32 AM   #139
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
Tramtwo im confused about your last two post what do you mean?
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:33 AM   #140
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post