Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-23-2008, 05:51 PM   #1
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
When did you first realize you wanted a Camaro?

I was in summer camp the summer before I started 7th grade (10 years ago this year). I remember coming to camp with my 4thgen brochure and walking outside seeing a red one blow by. Now, finally getting somewhat closer to seeing the dream come to fruition. Unbelievable.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:58 PM   #2
bouncertime
Miller High Life

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1, 2017 Colorado Z71
I was about 14 or 15 and found a picture of the '68 Camaro my bought in 1968 while in the Navy. He sold it 2 years later cause he needed a truck. But it left a lasting impression on me just seeing the picture of him driving up to my grandparents house right after buying it with a huge grin on his face. I have dreamed of having that same grin for 20 years now.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:01 PM   #3
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
LoL. It's been half that for me... now that I come to think of it that was eleven years ago. I'll be twenty-three in a week-and-a-halfs time...
Old 07-23-2008, 06:03 PM   #4
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
When my Cobalt was totalled, I was already reading threads here. I loved the car but was in no hurry to get one. When I got shafted with the Impreza, I made getting a Camaro my top priority. It is my single most important goal right now.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 06:03 PM   #5
Chogan2200

Drives: 96 Cavalier "Scarlet"
I've had my Cavalier now for almost 4 years and I think I'll be ready for an upgrade in the next 2 or 3 years to come. I had my heart set on a Cobalt SS but ....I think I wanted something with more power and more "transmission" options given the fact that I don't know how to drive Stick Shift...if I HAD to settle with an automatic, I at least wanted something a little more...ferocious than a Cobalt. ......So my answer was The Camaro! And I about shit myself when I learned about the Tap Shift Feature in the Auto Tranny Option!
Chogan2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 06:13 PM   #6
4thGen

Drives: 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS
When I was 18, my parents told me they were going to buy me a car. They took me out to look for one that same day. My mom threw a fit that I didn't find something I wanted after an hour of looking around.

All the cars we went to look at were either a 4 door sedan or a beat up pickup. The next day, my mom gets home after going to Kroger and she told me she passed up "a nice looking Firebird for sale". I decided to go look at it. Turned out to be a Camaro, not a Firebird. It was Medium Teal Blue Metallic; my favorite color of all 4th Gen Camaros. I fell in love it with it, so we went and bought it the next day.
4thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 06:17 PM   #7
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Last summer after I saw the Transformers movie. Greatest marketing ever or what? Then I just wanted the style so I thought I'd get a V6. Have since turned into way bigger a petrol head and I NEED the SS.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:22 PM   #8
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
1976, I was 16, some dude had a 69 less engine in his yard. Sold it to me for 75 bucks, threw a small block in it. I wanted it when he said $75. Am I the oldest geezer here?
Old 07-23-2008, 06:35 PM   #9
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
When I was 14 and some guy in highschool had one. Bought my first at 15 ('68 RS) and just sat in the thing until I had my DL. This was the late '70's and back then, it was more acceptable for kids to drive around in basket cases. I am now the proud owner of 8 Camaros (actually a few more but the others are all projects).
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 06:45 PM   #10
ZeeTwentyFour
Does not have a Camaro

Drives: 99 silverado Z71/66 Chevelle SS
Send a message via AIM to ZeeTwentyFour
I've had my cavalier for about 2 years now and I've
Been working 2 jobs and felt the need to move up in the world. I was thinking about getting a few cars before the camaro, I wanted a g6 gxp, a cobalt ss, and a g8. I realized all of these were either too expensive (g8 gt) or not enough umph. Then when I heard that the camaro was getting the LLT and should start around 20k I knew that was the car for me. I really don't want to part with my cavalier because it's the first car my dad and I restored and it's the only second gen z24 in my area so it gets a lot of looks and comments. but I'm afraid I might need to sell her to get enough money for the camaro especially with the RS option
Old 07-23-2008, 06:45 PM   #11
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
I was 16, I had went to a few car shows with my dad, and fell in love with a 3rd gen camaro, I already had a cavalier but i was gonna do everything in my power to get a camaro as well, I wanted the biggest piece of junk with a fast engine, that i could learn how to fix by myself.

I test drove a ( i think 88 or 89) Z/28.)first time i fell in love with t-tops) Holes rusted through the side, ugly orange interior, seats shreded, and no power steering. I started it up and fell in love with the sound. Test drove it and even though it took all my strength to turn a corner, i wanted it. The guy was asking $900, i offered the only $750 i had, and he turned it down.

From then on i was just kinda content with my cavalier, learned how to install a system, neon undercar kit, strobes and neons under the seats and dash. I was proud i was a girl and did it myself

Flash forward to age 18, i bought myself my first camaro with my graduation money. 91 RS with a 2 inch hood scoop. I loved it. the sound was great. i had wheels for it, system picked out, custom paint, i planned on shaving everything. Then my cavalier engine blew up, and after all the work i put in it i sold my camaro to fix my cavalier motor, but come to find out no one would mess with it, so i sold it too.

fast forward one year and i see the camaro concept................................... Ever since, i knew i would have one, and here i am 2 years later still waiting and planning for my baby!
Old 07-23-2008, 06:45 PM   #12
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
1976, I was 16, some dude had a 69 less engine in his yard. Sold it to me for 75 bucks, threw a small block in it. I wanted it when he said $75. Am I the oldest geezer here?
Not by a long shot!! As soon as I saw the new Camaros in the fall of '66 I knew I wanted one, in the summer of '67 I bought a RS. In '69 I bought a Z/28 and I've always loved Camaros since those first two.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 06:49 PM   #13
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010
Z28 Hold Out!

Drives: 2000 Monte Carlo SS
When I bought my 82 Z28(In 2003) from my moms boyfriend it was over! I love the third gens, still have plans of buying one and completely restoring it to a BEAST! Take it to the strip and just clean up!
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:04 PM   #14
Camaro68

Drives: 68 Camaro 327ci 2SS/RS 376ci LS3
Thumbs up Camaro

My Dad had me at a dealership when I was 13 years old,
and they had a blue 69 Z/28 with rally strips and up till
then I did not notice are pay any attionton to cars are trucks.
I saw that, that was the first car that I wanted when I
grow up and man was I all over that Camaro then. My
Dad had to carry me away from it cause I was trying to
get inside of it. I told Dad one day, she will be mine.
It's not a 69 Z/28 but an 68 blue rally stripe, all
matching numbers 327 2 speed powerglide on the colum
and she is awesome.
Attached Images

Camaro68 is offline   Reply With Quote