Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-20-2006, 05:54 AM   #1
jbynum69
God of thunder

Drives: 95 Mustang GT
Talking dealer information question's!!

These are some answers to some of your question's you have about dealer info and what is said to you about the camaro buying bull.

1. the dealerships don't know more about the camaro then we do , consumers find out more info on models unless the auto is a dealer special.
2.if a dealer says mark-up then find out what your state says is the limit of mark-up on pricing , the gov't has laws about price gauging limits.
2b.paying big money down does not get you into it right away , 2009 is over 2 yrs away and you might be unable to pay for the car by then. some dealers will tell you that you are a sucker for outting money for so far away investments ,especially when their is no set pricing for the car yet. and your money is not always refundable.
3.car sales people will tell you everything they can to get sales but its not in stone until the finance papers are signed saying the payments are yours.
4. Get one good dealership and keep up with them by either phone, e-mail or going by and talking to them every so often about new info and keep them up to terms with your needs , be honest with them and you will probably find good sales people with a desire to help you on your camaro decisions( its your life, buy what you want, and not what is the request of others).
5. A good dealership will not be shifty to you and will say if they don't know about your requests then either they will research it and let you know asap or will call other dealers they know about the subject>

I have bought so many cars that the dealerships that I go to call me about new cars that are in my interests and I use the same sales person and know the finance people very well and they know I will contact my lawyer if i am considering a financial decision that requires legal action.( i won't be lied to about a big purchase like a car or home when it will hurt me in the long run.)

also don't think the cars are going to be so out of your range that you have to be first in line, remember the early bird might get the worm , but the worm might be full of bugs, too!

just some info that might dampen the worries of this awesome car.
(and no I am not a car salesman or finance person)

My first car was a 72 ss
I've owned 9 camaro's over the yrs...:
jbynum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 08:36 AM   #2
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
sounds like my dad. lol. except he was there at the dealer for his new sky like every other day. I'm afraid the more info I get and if they tell me it will be out in 08 I'll be there more and more often. I should have enough money put back and the car I'm paying on now paid off by 09 and hopefully I can sale my other car to someone that wants a classic to fix up for a show/drag car. if I get those I'll have more then enough money to get the top model. god i can't wait. . .please god let all to chickens hatch.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 05:38 AM   #3
3Black
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS M6
3Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 10:08 AM   #4
Coop1701

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbynum69 View Post
also don't think the cars are going to be so out of your range that you have to be first in line, remember the early bird might get the worm , but the worm might be full of bugs, too!

just some info that might dampen the worries of this awesome car.
(and no I am not a car salesman or finance person)
The Early Bird gets the worm.... But it's the 2nd mouse that gets the cheese.
Coop1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 10:18 AM   #5
BigShow1960
BigShow

Drives: 2017 1 Camaro + Chevy Avalanche
I buy cars every 8 to 10 years. I doubt that dealerships want to keep a dialog going that long between purchases. I've X'd off the Chevy dealership I've been going to for poor service and bought my Camaro from a different one near to work. That dealership seems good but is moving to a new store further away from home and work.

I used USAA for my Camaro purchase. That was a good deal. I'd do that a again.
BigShow1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 10:33 AM   #6
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop1701 View Post
The Early Bird gets the worm.... But it's the 2nd mouse that gets the cheese.
I'm still trying to figure out what happened to the first mouse.
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 10:37 AM   #7
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
The OP has hit puberty by now. Check the thread date.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 10:39 AM   #8
Coop1701

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ455 View Post

Coop1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 11:10 AM   #9
3Black
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ455 View Post
3Black is offline   Reply With Quote