Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 04-27-2009, 03:22 PM   #29
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
haha i know. (thats why i said fail)
but i just let him go on his marry way thinking he knew what he was talking about.
haha i have no intention of buying a genesis.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:36 PM   #30
Mrbobcat

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
I saw a qoute for 50hp from I/E on here, someone linked to a company that makes parts for the cadillac cts.
50hp from just I/E, that is pretty impressive for only 3.6L NA. I wonder if that included a tune? I'm also what kinds of times approx 350hp would give the camaro? I'm thinking probably not much better than about 5.5 to 60 given the torque most likely won't go up much...
Mrbobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:46 PM   #31
levi1922

yeah, i like torque alot more than horses.
its what gets you going!

...yet im buying a V6..haha
Old 05-03-2009, 04:18 PM   #32
whiteycg

Drives: http://www.dilusiauto.com
i somehow feel like this comparison was a waste of time...
whiteycg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:24 PM   #33
squege1

Drives: Chevy Tracker & GMC Envoy
Cool

After a few weeks of BS from my Chevy dealer (who promptly cashed my deposit check) in particular, not 1 returned call, I got my $1,000 back and will have my Genesis 380 GT on Thursday or Friday... the Camaro is the ultimate dream car, but at this point it is just that, not a reality. I'll be putting over 300 hp down on the Genesis RWD tires next weekend...it was nice while the dream lasted guys, but I'm tired of waiting for what should be a pleasurable experience to be ruined by a shady dealer network on the brink of demise. Best of luck with the Camaros and drive safe!
Later, JC.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:43 PM   #34
Flynbyu

Drives: 2008 Corvette/2001 Tahoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by DESTRO View Post
Didn't Hyundai actually turn a profit last year?
Yes, they did.

Korean labor is cheap....Buick made a profit in China too last year.

Buy a Hyundai, receive happy ending..no extra charge.

~Brian
Flynbyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:26 PM   #35
levi1922

Quote:
Originally Posted by squege1 View Post
After a few weeks of BS from my Chevy dealer (who promptly cashed my deposit check) in particular, not 1 returned call, I got my $1,000 back and will have my Genesis 380 GT on Thursday or Friday... the Camaro is the ultimate dream car, but at this point it is just that, not a reality. I'll be putting over 300 hp down on the Genesis RWD tires next weekend...it was nice while the dream lasted guys, but I'm tired of waiting for what should be a pleasurable experience to be ruined by a shady dealer network on the brink of demise. Best of luck with the Camaros and drive safe!
Later, JC.
congratulations!
my little brother got a genesis coupe shift lever in his McDonalds happy meal last week, i guess the factory got confused.

can you look to see if you got his spy kit? he really wanted that!
Old 05-04-2009, 09:36 PM   #36
Wesman

Drives: Trans Am
You couldn't pay me to drive a Hyundai.

I've seen enough junk come from that company to keep me away from any Korean car.
Wesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:45 AM   #37
rmbrady

Drives: 68 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesman View Post

I've seen enough junk come from that company to keep me away from any Korean car.
You do realize that this is the exact attitude that has been keeping the American car companies in the toilet.
rmbrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:48 AM   #38
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesman View Post

To each their own ... I would gladly take their money, and their car, then drive to GM dealer and pick up something that I actually want.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:52 PM   #39
squege1

Hey levi1922- you are hilarious, I'll be sure to catch your stand up routine when I come down to Texas. Have fun with 'Cammy' (that is sooo sweet, tough guy). The GM dealer network has serious and possibly fatal flaws. BTW, your little brother needs a secret decoder ring in his next happy meal, then you can ask him when you'll be getting 'Cammy'...
Old 05-05-2009, 08:18 PM   #40
ckaram

Drives: 2011 2SS RS, 1968 ragtop
Dude, squege1, I thought you left?

There's more to buying a revived American classic than just the numbers and performance (whether it's the 6 or the 8). It's the heritage, it's Chevy finally getting it right and it's one hell of a beautiful car with high quality and performance marks in all the testing so far.

Enjoy the Gen coupe, it too is a nice car. But the heritage and what it represents to muscle car freaks is the first attraction to the Camaro!

Peace!
Old 05-05-2009, 09:23 PM   #41
Wesman

Drives: Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmbrady View Post
You do realize that this is the exact attitude that has been keeping the American car companies in the toilet.
The American car companies have had a multitude of models and specific issues that tarnished their names. However, there were plenty of class leaders throughout the years, and bulletproof designs.

Hyundai has never made a nice car or a quality car, period. And they haven't yet, either.
Wesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:35 PM   #42
squege1

I agree with all your points and truly believe that the Camaro will be one of the classics of all time, I wish I could buy one right now. I simply have made a choice on a different vehicle, but that does not change my opinion of the Camaro. I wish everybody would go out and support GM and the Camaro, I simply do not think that the dealer network knows basic customer service anymore and it is a real same because the GM Design teams are hitting all their marks but they are only one piece of the puzzle. My experience was basically night/day going from Chevy to a Hyuandai showroom. It is a very sad day for me as I have always been GM loyal and I was in a position to continue to do that by buying a new Camaro; I simply could not deal with another Chevy dealership that either did not know what they were talking about or were outright lying to me about their allocations and the whole process. They took the whole enjoyment out of making a major purchase like buying a car should be, I found myself more angry and frustrated rather than excited. The Genesis GT gave me back that excitement when I drove it (fast). Best of luck and drive safe!