Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-03-2013, 08:39 PM   #71
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Drives: '17 Civic SI + '04 SVT Lightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by crateish View Post
Also, it sounds terrible compared to streaming online radio over cell or playing files from my iPhone. They have been crapifying the 'bit rates' for music to cram in sports programming and deepen Howard Stern's voice.
I thought I was the only one who noticed this. I bought my car used and the XM radio was still active. First thing I noticed was how bad the sound quality was. I use the paid version of Pandora (think it was $35/year) with the better sound quality over the free version and also mp3's which both sound better than XM sat. I can tell the sat radio is highly compressed. I use my Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket for my music source. I don't know if all phones have the same sound quality output, maybe that's why not a lot of people notice the poor sound quality of XM. Other problem I had with XM is that it would go out and make a digital static sound a lot. Pandora almost never cuts out. I never inquired myself for XM neither did the dealer when I bought the car but I get tons and tons of letters from them nearly every week.
Emig5m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:51 PM   #72
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
The signal is horribly compressed. Touch no other button except for CD source button and listen to the volume and clarity difference. You people that have never had an issue are the ones that are paying for the service. It does what they say. The problems start when you try to STOP it! Lol

They should have called it Terminator Radio!
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:49 PM   #73
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
I hate the SOB's and will NEVER use their service again. They charged me for 5 months and didn't even turn the service on to me! They refused to give me any credit but they would offer me $10 off of a year subscription. They can kiss my a$$. They have the worst customer service of any company I have dealt with. How can they charge me for something I never had?????? A-holes!!!!!!!

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:00 AM   #74
DJ UNKNOWN

Drives: 2011 Red Jewel RS
Fortunately for me my sales guy told me when I bought the car to tell em I didn't have my credit card on me. So they're obviously aware of the scams/bad customer service. But to answer the OP's question yes there is another company who's just as bad or maybe even worse and that's AT&T! They are the King when it comes to phantom charges........
DJ UNKNOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:11 AM   #75
ebaugh1990
Permagrin since 2/11/13

Drives: '13 Camaro 1SS/RS L99
My car only came with 3 months Sirius XM, but no worries. I already have a subscription to them for the past 9 months. I'm just sad that the MyLink system doesn't let me go to channel 400 and listen to george carlin 24/7 lol
JBA 3" CAT-BACK Model 40-3114
Cold Air Inductions intake (near-chrome)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o-6g...ujjgV9wZo9jnXw

Quote:
I agree, my car without cats doesn't smell like rotten eggs, it smells like high octane Bad@ssness emitted through a natural speaker producing "Muscle Car Music"
ebaugh1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:37 AM   #76
SXM_Help

Drives: N/A
SiriusXM Help

Hi there-

We apologize for your experience and we understand your frustration, we would like to help. Could you please send us an email with your contact information to sxm_help@siriusxm.com, so we can help with this.

Thanks,
SiriusXM Digital Care Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostnkost View Post
I thought this Sirius XM horror story was over, I guess not. Bought my car on September 30th, and with the purchase of the new car came a free year subscription to Sirius XM. Of course 3 months roll by, and right before New Years they deactivate my radio. Long story short, they activate my radio after a few dozen calls to the dealership and Sirius. They give me a "Trouble Ticket" number as well after this fiasco, so this will never happen again.

Fast forward to today, and Sirius deactivates my radio yet again. I call up and give them my trouble ticket number, and after a half hour with their customer service, the gentleman patches me to a higher up. This woman tells me that instead of getting my extra 7 months free, we can bill you for a year at half price because they can not get their techs at the moment to give me the extra months that I am entitled to. Now I am boiling! Why on earth would I pay for something that is free?? She then puts me on hold for another 15 minutes, and comes back and says she can only give me 2 months free, and then give me another 5 months next week. Yeah ok.....
I then ask for her name and number, and she won't give it to me lol. I ask for a higher up's number and she won't give me that either? I am asking for these so when I call I do not have to jump through hoops like I did last night for 50 minutes just to get some answers.

Now I totally understand the game that this company plays as they want to basically infuriate the customer enough so he/she says - "F" it just charge me and forget about the extra 7 months. 9 times out of 10 people probably wouldn't even call back. I used to be that way, but once I hit 40 something changed. I hate getting ripped off!

I am posting this as I know there are a few others out there with the same problem and I also had to vent. Is there a worse company out there??
SXM_Help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:39 AM   #77
SXM_Help

SiriusXM

Hi there-

We're sorry you have has a poor customer service experience with us, if you have any questions, or concerns in the future, feel free to send us an email with your contact information to sxm_help@siriusxm.com, and we would be more than happy to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
No, there is no worse customer service out there...they are by far the worst. It takes forever to get anything accomplished over the phone and they dont seem to really care if you have issues or do anything to make you happy. I've gotten online surveys to fill out to "rate their performance, but the links never seem to work (or they expire in 24hrs, before i can get on and tear them apart)...they are a joke.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:44 AM   #78
SXM_Help

SiriusXM

Hi there-

We apologize for your experience with us, please feel free to send us an email with your contact information to sxm_help@siriusxm.com, and we'd be happy to help you with any questions, or concerns you may have.

Thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
Sirius XM is the most comically inept group of f'n losers I've ever dealt with... and that's pretty serious. Laughing all the way to the bank? Maybe... however, they'd be making three times as many trips to the bank if they had even remotely competent customer sales reps. But... they don't. They have a group of utter morons (average IQ is certainly double digits, probably starts with "6" or a "7"), and their ability to satisfy a customer is simply not there.

(Me: "Hey, I'm trying to EXTEND my subscription, but your online form is demanding a "Start-up" fee!"
Utter F'n Moron:"Oh, you will not be charged that."
Me: "Really?"
UFM: "No, you must pay it."
Me: "But, you just said I did not have to pay it?"
UFM: "That's correct."
Me: "So... I don't have to pay the start- up fee to continue my coverage?"
UFM: No, sir, you only need to pay the start-up fee..."
... and so on...)

They've got a great product... if they could ONLY overcome their foolish, moronic, stupid, and repulsive customer service tactics, they would have the potential to easily---EASILY--- triple their revenues. But, they are too stupid to recognize that opportunity.

Have my feelings been expressed clearly? If not, let me reiterate: THEY ARE UTTERLY INCOMPETENT IDIOTS.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #79
SXM_Help

SiriusXM

Hi there-

We are truly sorry for the experience you had with us. We appreciate your feedback, as we are in a continuous effort to improve out customer service.

Again, our deepest apologize for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiftydriver View Post
Thats NOTHING!!!

I have three vehicles that have Sirius XM, or HAD. Now that we all have I-pod, I see no real reason to have Sirius XM so I let all the contracts expire.

Well, instantly after that I start getting these offer deals from XM in the mail. They start out at 25% off, then 50% off, the last one was 75% off. Did not reply to ANY of them in any way. Then I get a final notice from them that they were giving me a free month of service. Again, I sent no reply to them at all for or against this offer.

Two months later I get my credit card bill, there is a charge for $175 on it for a contract with Sirius XM service for my camaro. I called up my credit card company and told them to cancel that payment as I NEVER approved or asked for that service. They said they would cancel the payment but that they would have to contact the service supplier and give them a chance to provide documentation to prove their claim to the charge.

A month later I get a letter from my credit card company and they said the bill would be reinstated and that Sirius XM had provided proof of my approval for the payment service.

Well, I dug up the 1 month free offer that LUCKILY I had left on my desk and read every word on it. At the very bottom in very small print there was a section that read, "After your free month of service, your credit card on file with Sirius XM will be charged for an extended service plan. If you do not want service, you MUST contact Sirius XM and cancel the service plan."

WHAT THE HELL. So, I repeatedly deny service by not replying to any of their offers and then they think up this scheme to screw me anyway. They get your credit card when you buy the car originally and set up your On Star account. My recommendation, when you set up your onstar account, DO NOT give them your credit card information because that is how Sirius XM gets it.

I NEVER gave my credit card information to Sirius XM, only time I gave it to anyone was to Onstar so they could set up my account and do direct payment for that service and nothing else.

SO, I am mad as hell at this point. I call up Sirius XM and get the run around for several days trying to get someone that can explain to me how I APPROVED this charge.

Finally, I went on line with their instant chat service and to my suprise I got a reply from a nice lady. She said they were not supposed to be able to cancel accounts and that I should call a service rep to handle the problem. I said I had tried that several times with no luck. She got ahold of one of her higher ups and to my suprise she said she would be able to cancel the account. I told her to cancel EVERY ACCOUNT under my name and she said she would and that she said she would refund my credit card account for the service charge. She said it would take a few days so I crossed my fingers, thanked here and waited.

To her credit, they did credit my account in three days. That said, they only credited my account $138 instead of the $175 so AGAIN, MAD AS HELL, I call them back up and this time they were more then egger to tell me that they could refund their service cost but that all the fees and taxes were nonrefundable because they had already been paid to the government......... Talk about BS.

What the hell is this, a scheme with Sirius XM and the government. Sirius XM screws customers with unapproved charges, they pay the governemnt $40 in taxes and fees and then send you back the balance in refund once you make enough noise for them to do it.

Perhaps this has something to do with the government taking over GM and setting up a way to steal money from its customers. Anyway about it, its crooked as hell. If I treated customers like that in my business I would probably be in jail.

How Onstar and GM can be in partnership with a company like Sirius XM is beyond me. Makes no sense as I have heard nothing but trouble about them for several years.

So, IF you get a one month free offer from them, make for dam sure you read the small print and cancel the service if required or you will be in for a pretty long fight and you will only get around 70% of your money back if you get anything back.

Funny or should I say ANNOYING thing, I still get Sirius XM offers every other day. But make sure I read every one of them now.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:51 AM   #80
SXM_Help

SiriusXM

Hi there-

Please feel free to send us an email with your contact information to sxm_help@siriusxm.com, so we can discuss this in more detail.

Thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike III View Post
Well I feel the same as everyone on here. I had them in all3 of my vehicles. And will never have them again. Also will vent my frustation very single time I get a chance. They just keep calling me & sending letters. But like you said I wish someone at Generl Motors or Chevrolet would read these dislikes of XM Radio & finally get something done about it.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #81
SXM_Help

SiriusXM

Hi there-

We apologize for your experience, please feel free to send us an email with your contact information to sxm_help@siriusxm.com, so we can help answer any questions you may have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaf View Post
I know in my previous car I had XM and it was useful but when I changed jobs and wasnt commuting 2hrs every day I had no use for it. If they kept charging me using my card number I would just call my bank or card company and have them deactivate the current card and have them issue a new card. Usually if they understand the circumstances they won't charge you a fee! I would give them one chance to stop the reaccuring charge then order a new card then call them up and tell them what you had to do because of there dirty business practices. wouldn't use them again after that! I never had a problem with XM but that has been 4 years ago, sure alot has changed since the merger!
Old 03-04-2013, 10:58 AM   #82
SXM_Help

SiriusXM

Hi there-

We can merge accounts, if you have more than one account with us, whether or not you're on the Sirius platform, or XM platform, your accounts can be merged. You can also receive a multiple radio discount when you have more than one account. Please send us an email with your contact information to sxm_help@siriusxm.com, so we can help answer any questions you may have.

Thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketel0ne View Post
It blows my mind that if you have a Ford and a Chevy you need an XMsirius account for the Chevy and a SiriusXM account for the Ford. But you pay the same company.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:59 AM   #83
SXM_Help

SiriusXM

Hi there-

Please feel free to send us an email with your contact information to sxm_help@siriusxm.com, so we can answer any questions, and address your concerns.

Thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
It's really just the customer service that sucks.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:00 AM   #84
SXM_Help

SiriusXM

Hi there-

We're sorry to hear this. If you have any questions, or concerns, please feel free to send us an email with your contact information to sxm_help@siriusxm.com, so we can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
Most people I know of hate XM. Their customer service sucks, and they blind-side you with charges, while you can't contact them for help.