Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-24-2010, 10:31 PM   #15
Number_9

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by egad09 View Post
Nice! i ran that track today. Awesome track. Had a wonderful time.
I'd love to live close to that track. Seth Angel (General Manager) has a beautifully prepped track down there!

Number_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:36 PM   #16
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
congrats, awesome Camaro
Old 10-24-2010, 10:44 PM   #17
Camaro21

Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
Congrats Adam and sorry for the DQ.. You should be very proud !! I am also glad to part of the ADM Brotherhood !!
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:51 PM   #18
Number_9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro21 View Post
Congrats Adam and sorry for the DQ.. You should be very proud !! I am also glad to part of the ADM Brotherhood !!
Thank you, sir! It was a great time, in spite of the DQ, and the car performed better than I could have hoped. Can't wait until next time!

Old 10-24-2010, 11:04 PM   #19
PINGNINO

Drives: 2010 CGM 1SS M6
Great video! Sorry about the DQ.. And IMHO the team at ADM Performance is head and shoulder's above the rest!!!
PINGNINO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:12 PM   #20
Camaro Freak

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT 334HP
Nice Run!! Congrats!!
Old 10-24-2010, 11:16 PM   #21
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Way to Go Number_9

You are so Correct Andy and the Team at ADM are the BEST

Glad to see Evil had a Great weekend and turn out at the Pinks all out.

Don't worry about the DQ as you turned in a awsome time for your Ride.

I seriously need to find some time away from Work and get my A$$ to the track and let mine Scream.

congrats again and here is to another Great ADM build
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:16 PM   #22
blackonblacksls

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
Would that be 12.0? That's what I told them when they asked me how fast. I wasn't expecting 2.6 60fts. The exhuast is a lg motorsports setup. Car is still stock tune and stock intake with a ls9 cam. It managed to put down 390+ on the dyno out at the track. He told me the day before a new 5.0 mustang only managed to put down 320. And my turbo mustang put down 490 on 9lbs but has trapped 134mph at 11lbs. So it seemed to read low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number_9 View Post
So that was you in the B class then!? What exhaust was that you have installed?

Depending in the day and the weather, etc. she'll put down around 380 to the rear tire. ADM Performance (Andy Mages) are freaking geniuses with the new Camaro's, as they've taken my car to high's I only dreamed of previously. A lot of people are good with the 5th gens (Jannetty comes to mind) but Andy really knows his stuff. Thank goodness he's local to me.. although a lot of his builds come from out of state. He's an incredible high performance engineer.
blackonblacksls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:25 PM   #23
Number_9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
Way to Go Number_9

You are so Correct Andy and the Team at ADM are the BEST

Glad to see Evil had a Great weekend and turn out at the Pinks all out.

Don't worry about the DQ as you turned in a awsome time for your Ride.

I seriously need to find some time away from Work and get my A$$ to the track and let mine Scream.

congrats again and here is to another Great ADM build
Thanks, J. Looking forward to next time. I won't make the same mistake again, that's for sure! To much adrenaline, I guess. Either way, I'm ready for next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackonblacksls View Post
Would that be 12.0? That's what I told them when they asked me how fast. I wasn't expecting 2.6 60fts. The exhuast is a lg motorsports setup. Car is still stock tune and stock intake with a ls9 cam. It managed to put down 390+ on the dyno out at the track. He told me the day before a new 5.0 mustang only managed to put down 320. And my turbo mustang put down 490 on 9lbs but has trapped 134mph at 11lbs. So it seemed to read low.
When we checked in, I told them 12.0 for the ET. Next day at time trials, I bust off the 11.789 and had to go up a class... which was fine with me, as I could not have been happier to do so! Hahaha.. I was ecstatic!

Old 10-25-2010, 06:26 AM   #24
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Fantastic times ADAM....It has been a long road to get there,but you have the best combo around in my book.Always glad to support guys that are passionate about their dreams. Bad ass video!!!!
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:29 AM   #25
URfullOfIt
Account Suspended

Drives: a POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number_9 View Post
Depending in the day and the weather, etc. she'll put down around 380 to the rear tire.
That's complete BS!!!

Unless you were able to shed about 1K lbs off your car....there is NO WAY that a 380 rwhp car will turn 11.78.

Lets see that dyno showing that number....and not one from last year when you truely only had headers and exhaust.

I guess you forgot to mention the Yank converter you have. Knowing that ADM is popular with the L99 - LS3 conversion I'm sure that's been done as well....which usually means an aftermarket cam as well. I would be willing to bet you have at least the LS9 cam if not a Stage II.

Hell I wouldn't be surpised if it was a LS7 in the car.

Why people want to be so secretive about what's been modded on their car baffles me.

How is it that other L99 (even modded by ADM) with what is supposed to be the same mods at the same track on the same night only turn mid to upper 8s but yours mysteriously turns mid 7s? Drag radials don't make up that kind of difference.

All I can say is....Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see.
URfullOfIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:59 AM   #26
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by URfullOfIt View Post
That's complete BS!!!

Unless you were able to shed about 1K lbs off your car....there is NO WAY that a 380 rwhp car will turn 11.78.

Lets see that dyno showing that number....and not one from last year when you truely only had headers and exhaust.

I guess you forgot to mention the Yank converter you have. Knowing that ADM is popular with the L99 - LS3 conversion I'm sure that's been done as well....which usually means an aftermarket cam as well. I would be willing to bet you have at least the LS9 cam if not a Stage II.

Hell I wouldn't be surpised if it was a LS7 in the car.

Why people want to be so secretive about what's been modded on their car baffles me.

How is it that other L99 (even modded by ADM) with what is supposed to be the same mods at the same track on the same night only turn mid to upper 8s but yours mysteriously turns mid 7s? Drag radials don't make up that kind of difference.

All I can say is....Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see.

You dont get it. with everything Adam has done to this car Andy and the Crew @ ADM have spent some time making it for what it is.This car was done just for what you see it doing. This wasnt a throw on some bolt on's a Blah Tune and go run it.

Take note as Adam said on a good day she pushes 380 rwhp hell tomorrow it may push 372 and the next day 388. A car is dynoed for tuning purposes and thats it and thats what andy does. ADM cars are not Dyno queen's any day with the right weather and right setup these cars could snap any moment.

On my Stock L99 with the same bolt ons as Adam mine was climbing everytime it was dynoed however whats the purpose of sitting on a dyno to watch it get better #'s each time ? Andy uses a Dyno for what its supposed to be used for " tuning purposes " then when he gets it right .... off she comes and the keys are handed back after he drives the car of course. I'm sure Adams car with the air down in houston and the tire preasure and the weather and ETC his car felt Good and Snapped.

Cars that come from ADM performance get lots of attention when it comes to computer tuning.

I cant tell you how many times mine has had to be tweaked just to get it right.
Andy and Pat both climbed in and out in and out from behind the wheel of mine just to get it right.

There is always that one freak car that is JUST right if anyone is to have a internal free modded block with nothing but Bolt ons and a Tune and get these Numbers im glad its Adam.

I promise you this car has had some TIME spent on the tuning.
The fine tooth comb was used on this car. That what can be done when Andy doesnt have a few days to get a car in and out and back to the customer . Adam dosnt drive his daily and he leaves it there for Andy to get things worked out down to a T. Most people are wanting there cars back so they are not for leaving a car for a few days maybe even a week to get it done.

( This is what is nice when you live NEAR ADM they can tune your car when you need them to )

You still call him a liar ?

if you think he is cheating then meet him at the track and look for yourself there is no doubt 100% that what he said has been done is really whats been done. I have seen the Car in person and understand.

Not many want to accomplish what Adam is doing. They go further than bolt ons.

Way to go Adam and ADM

by the way I find it funny you make a screen name just to use it as your #1 post to call out Number_9 hahahahahaha commical.
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:29 PM   #27
URfullOfIt
Account Suspended

Drives: a POS
I wouldn't say he's cheating....there is no cheating in what he is doing. I just know that he tries to keep some of his mods on a hush hush basis for some reason. He's not the only one that does that either. I just don't get why people have to try to act like thier car is some special off the wall car just because it was "Tuned" correctly when in fact they forget to mention all the other stuff that was done.

I'm just saying that there are plenty of 5th Gens making even more HP than that (typical LS3 with headers/tune is around 410 rwhp) and they are struggling to get into the low 12s.

He lists only basic bolt ons with 380 hp and runs those numbers???? Come on....if that's truely the case then there should be a bunch of LS3 running in the 11s.

If his car runs 11.78 with 380 rwhp then your car should be a low 11 car with the mods you have. You should take your car to the track and smoke him.....
URfullOfIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:43 PM   #28
Number_9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
Andy and the Crew @ ADM have spent some time making it for what it is.This car was done just for what you see it doing. This wasnt a throw on some bolt on's a Blah Tune and go run it.
...I'm sure Adams car with the air down in houston and the tire preasure and the weather and ETC his car felt Good and Snapped... Way to go Adam and ADM.
Right on all counts, and thanks for the kinds words. I don't mind the haters... let them hate and let them eat cake, I really don't care.

To your point, I am at the track every Friday night and am happy to let others look at the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by URfullOfIt View Post
I wouldn't say he's cheating....there is no cheating in what he is doing. I just know that he tries to keep some of his mods on a hush hush basis for some reason. He's not the only one that does that either. I just don't get why people have to try to act like thier car is some special off the wall car just because it was "Tuned" correctly when in fact they forget to mention all the other stuff that was done.

You're right, I did forget the Yank 3200 converter... which I frequently do, as it installed when I had my tranny replaced... oops, forgot to mention that too, I am on my second transmission... and yes, it's the stock 6L80E.

I'd have to know which car you mean, besides "that other L99" - but tires can make a world of freaking difference, as streets will spin where drags won't. I've even beat a SC'd version of my car as a direct results of them being on street tires and not getting traction, while I was running on drags radials. I've also run low->mid 8's on the same track I've run 7's, with tires, hookup, weather and track prep being the only changing variables.

As for keeping mods hush/hush, take me up on the offer and meet me at the track any Friday night you like. Of course, that'll mean not hiding behind some BS screen name. Enjoy your hate... embrace the rage... hater.

Last edited by Number_9; 10-25-2010 at 12:57 PM.