Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2013, 04:23 PM   #1
lscamaro


 
lscamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 10,309
Let's do this!.... Few questions first

Alright guys. Well, weather permitting, I hope to start my rear fe4 conversion tomorrow. Just have a few quick questions. What part of the sway bar bushings need to be lubed? What do you guys mark to get the camber close to take to get it aligned? Anything I should know about replacing the LCA? Any other tips or advice?
__________________

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 04:54 PM   #2
woodside783
Casey Woodside
 
woodside783's Avatar
 
Drives: a very fun car
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tn
Posts: 1,903
Just the inside needs to be lubed. The bolts are marked from the factory just try to get everything aligned close enought till you can take it to get realigned
__________________
Instagram @caseywoodside
http://youtu.be/CSc9aPh_X_w
woodside783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:34 PM   #3
lscamaro


 
lscamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 10,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodside783 View Post
Just the inside needs to be lubed. The bolts are marked from the factory just try to get everything aligned close enought till you can take it to get realigned
The inside of the bushing that contacts the sway or the part that makes contact with the strap?
__________________

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 09:59 PM   #4
lscamaro


 
lscamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 10,309
Another very important question I forgot to ask, I have 245/55/18 tires on all four corners on my LS. What setting on the front pedders sway bar will give me the best setup with the rear sway bar installed?
__________________

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:07 PM   #5
LS3 SS


 
LS3 SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Clarksville TN
Posts: 2,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
The inside of the bushing that contacts the sway or the part that makes contact with the strap?
Grease the inside of the bushing itself. There should be small zerk fittings on the metal strap that will distribute the grease evenly. Start your sway bar settings off with 2 on the front, and 2 on the rear (the middle holes). Once you get used to how it handles, you may be able to adjust them more, but I wouldn't go any further than that unless you have aftermarket end links.
__________________
GPI SS3 Cam / PRC 255 heads / Forged 376ci bottom / Fore level 2 fuel system / D1SC ProCharger on 12lbs / Alky control dual nozzle / 770 whp / 649 wtq tuned by Ryan Stevens at GPI
LS3 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:41 PM   #6
lscamaro


 
lscamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 10,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3 SS View Post
Grease the inside of the bushing itself. There should be small zerk fittings on the metal strap that will distribute the grease evenly. Start your sway bar settings off with 2 on the front, and 2 on the rear (the middle holes). Once you get used to how it handles, you may be able to adjust them more, but I wouldn't go any further than that unless you have aftermarket end links.
I do have aftermarket end links. I have the pedders ones. My front bar is already at the stiffest setting since it's the only one I have right now. I thought I read somewhere that the front on softest was the most balanced setting since the rear is non adjustable
__________________

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:10 PM   #7
mp51998

 
mp51998's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2011
Location: S. Texas
Posts: 1,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
I do have aftermarket end links. I have the pedders ones. My front bar is already at the stiffest setting since it's the only one I have right now. I thought I read somewhere that the front on softest was the most balanced setting since the rear is non adjustable
I run full soft on front and since rear is not adjustable I stick with that.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:54 AM   #8
lscamaro


 
lscamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 10,309
Thanks a lot for that! I'll go ahead and do that
__________________

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.