Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 05-19-2012, 07:55 PM   #7561
DarkFox1

Drives: 2012 2SS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLE58 View Post
They won't fine you just send you a letter ask me how I know!

Na in a way I'm lucky.. there's NO rules out here and my neighbors leave me alone for the most part.

I mean they're loud sometimes and they shoot guns off their back deck, but they don't drop by and ask me what/how I'm doing, or ask me if I'm going to cut my grass (unless they want to do it for me for $40 which I usually let them do.. cos my back yard is NO MAN'S LAND. My base model rider gets stuck in those alien weeds. He runs a lawncare business and has a 0-turn.)

We have no HOA or anything.

my only complaints are the cardinals, the thin windows, and the fact that my septic field is right where I wanna build my shop.

I got about a half acre. My parents USED to have 6 acres. They had a 3200 sq ft house and dad built a 3600 sq ft shop. 3 10' bays, 1 12' bay. 10' ceiling sin the front, 14'+ in the rear. We got some old best buy commercial grade shelving you could rest an engine block on, and a hydraulic fork lift, we had about 5 cars in there at one time. Planned to get a 2 post lift, but we never did.

man I miss that place.

DarkFox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:06 PM   #7562
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre View Post
Pave that sucker and let's have our own Georgia Mile!

Padre
I wish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFox1 View Post
Na in a way I'm lucky.. there's NO rules out here and my neighbors leave me alone for the most part.

I mean they're loud sometimes and they shoot guns off their back deck, but they don't drop by and ask me what/how I'm doing, or ask me if I'm going to cut my grass (unless they want to do it for me for $40 which I usually let them do.. cos my back yard is NO MAN'S LAND. My base model rider gets stuck in those alien weeds. He runs a lawncare business and has a 0-turn.)

We have no HOA or anything.

my only complaints are the cardinals, the thin windows, and the fact that my septic field is right where I wanna build my shop.

I got about a half acre. My parents USED to have 6 acres. They had a 3200 sq ft house and dad built a 3600 sq ft shop. 3 10' bays, 1 12' bay. 10' ceiling sin the front, 14'+ in the rear. We got some old best buy commercial grade shelving you could rest an engine block on, and a hydraulic fork lift, we had about 5 cars in there at one time. Planned to get a 2 post lift, but we never did.

man I miss that place.

Damn that looks like a NICE shop!
Old 05-19-2012, 08:07 PM   #7563
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS/RS & z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightower View Post
Buy a shotgun?

Haha that's annoying as hell. I guess the thumbtack thing would work. The mailman will think you're a wacko though.

Your neighbor is an idiot. Firing a rifle, even a .22, is extremely dangerous in any situation where someone is within several hundred feet, much less 50 feet or so. A .22 round can travel over a mile depending on the trajectory. Extremely dangerous.

It's safer to fire a shotgun if anything. The BBs in birdshot wouldn't do much damage past 50 feet maybe.

A pellet gun isn't a bad idea either.

No matter what, just don't get shot or let someone get shot, haha.
22 rat shot would be way safer than a bullet My Grandma used to keep a 22 rifle in the kitchen loaded with rat shot for this very reason - For keeping the bad birds off her feeders.
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:14 PM   #7564
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Comfort View Post
22 rat shot would be way safer than a bullet My Grandma used to keep a 22 rifle in the kitchen loaded with rat shot for this very reason - For keeping the bad birds off her feeders.
Good point! Didn't even think of those, we used to use those in the barn for, well, rats.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:19 PM   #7565
DarkFox1

Quote:
I wish!

Damn that looks like a NICE shop!
Yea, it was great.

Some state patrol guy owns it now. Doesn't even use it.

Dad has a pacemaker and has gotten down a little.. the "estate" was too much for him to take care of and the place was falling into disrepair.

Sure wish you could buy things like this these days. Dad built this place back in 1986. 4.5 acres and a 3200 sq house, private pond. $200k.

These days trying to find 1 acre of land is $150k alone. My dad did all this on a blue collar salary at a manufacturing plant. Times sure have changed.

cars in that pic.. 71 c10 cab, 69 c10 rolling chassis with 71 kmember and rearend, 72 pass. spindle. yukon 3.73 gears with an eaton posi (3 series) kyb gas shocks, early classic 2/4 drop springs, 67 front clip, 68 bed sides.

65 chevelle malibu, 50k original miles, the original 4 t3 headlights still worked. 283, fresh rebuild with a 4bbl edelbrock 650, powerglide.

Behind where I was standing was an 81 pontiac bonneville 2 door, my 03 silverado Z71 at the time, and my 57 belair 4 door.

Outside was a 1978 ford tractor, 3cyl gas motor with a front end loader and a backhoe. We had a lotta toys!
Old 05-19-2012, 09:38 PM   #7566
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

That sounds like it was a wonderful place.

Sounds like you and your dad were all about cars! I wish my dad was a little more automotive involved so to say, haha. He had a 1968 GTO when he was 18, but I guess the muscle car bug wore off with time. He likes the new camaros though, I hope he'll buy one for himself in the coming years.

My dad has me learning about stuff all over our 250 acre property. I'm helping to install the new HVAC units and water softener units cause my old man wants me to know them inside out to maintain the property. Every time he starts to talk about it he says "you need to know this so when I'm gone...". :(

Depressing thoughts, I hate when he says that.

On the happier side of things, my dad's "toys" are tractors and guns. He'd rather spend a sweltering day in the heat mowing a 3 acre field on a tractor than a quiet day at work. And he'll hunt every day of deer season he can. He'll even go up in the stands a few weeks before the season starts just to scout.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:22 PM   #7567
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Damn you boys have been busy on here tonight!!
Old 05-19-2012, 11:46 PM   #7568
dirishboy
as in Irish European

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Les

I just met a guy this evening and he showed me photos of a bunch of supercars taking turns racing down a 1/2 mile airstrip. Among them was a supercharged C5 that looked a lot like yours. Was it you?

If it was please share the photos

This guy was driving a GTR and in the photos were Lambos, Corvettes ZR1s, SLRs etc
Old 05-20-2012, 11:16 AM   #7569
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Hey guys will there be any hurt in completely disconnecting my fuse box? I'm wanting to paint it all the way down to the bottom of it, not just the top, and that requires removing it. Will that work?
Old 05-20-2012, 11:35 AM   #7570
DarkFox1

You SHOULD be able to remove the fuse panel from the box itself.

on the 99-03 chevy trucks you could use a flathead to separate the fuse panel from the box, then you could access the bottom of the fuse panel to reach the individual module connectors.

Disconnect the battery, then remove the fuse panel from the box is what I'd do.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:57 AM   #7571
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Drives: "Black Ice"
Quote:
Hey guys will there be any hurt in completely disconnecting my fuse box? I'm wanting to paint it all the way down to the bottom of it, not just the top, and that requires removing it. Will that work?
I should know. Disconnect the battery in the trunk. Then pull it apart. 3 screws (next to all of the fuses) hold the harnesses to the electronics. There are 3 pieces...top, electronics, and bottom. You can clean all of them up. I sanded mine down completely smooth and painted it.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:18 PM   #7572
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Awesome thanks guys! I started messing with those tabs on the sides and realized that wasn't getting me anywhere, haha.
I stole my mom's parking spot in the garage since she's on a road trip for the next week with my sister. Time for last minute mods before F-body!

Joe, did you clear your parts? And if so, would you recommend clear over red?

Also going to re-do my plastidipped wheels and if I can get it done in time, paint my calipers.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:43 PM   #7573
ken53007

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Quote:
Awesome thanks guys! I started messing with those tabs on the sides and realized that wasn't getting me anywhere, haha.
I stole my mom's parking spot in the garage since she's on a road trip for the next week with my sister. Time for last minute mods before F-body!

Also going to re-do my plastidipped wheels and if I can get it done in time, paint my calipers.
That will look good
ken53007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:39 PM   #7574
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Drives: "Black Ice"
Quote:

It is difficult to find clear that won't yellow. But maybe over red it won't be too bad.

Tags
atlanta, club, diane is great., free josh, j.t. is awesome, mti locks not rocks your car, mti rocks, mti rocks your mom's house, yep yep