Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 09-22-2008, 04:12 PM   #309
playhard67
come to poppa

Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr damon View Post
hey guys, does anyone think there will be an optional V8 for the base (LS or LT) camaro? i know back in 90-92 i think there was an optional V8 on the RS model.
The LS is the base V6, the LT is the V^ with upgrades and you can also get the LT with the RS package. The SS1 is the base V8 and the SS2 is the upgraded V8. Both these V8 models can get the RS package.

So, no need to order a V6 model and install an optional V8...just order the SS1.

Cancelled the 2010 SS/RS (for now) and bought this instead (2009 Harley FLHX)
playhard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:38 PM   #310
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
yes!! I love the options... big spoiler, body kit, interior accents! I am soo excited

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:54 PM   #311
PA FAST
Future Camaro Driver.

Drives: 2009 Escape/2007 Ridgeline
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
Can't be too hard to do...just have to be in the right price bracket.

2009 Cadillac DTS: http://media.gm.com/us/cadillac/en/p...S/09index.html
Problem is they seem to be doing this only for Cadillac's.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:11 PM   #312
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Isn't it sad that GM considers a body-colored shark fin a notable feature on its flagship luxury vehicle, yet such a feature is common place at the Camaro's price range? Some things may have changed at GM, but overall not much has improved at all.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:11 PM   #313
PA FAST
Future Camaro Driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Isn't it sad that GM considers a body-colored shark fin a notable feature on its flagship luxury vehicle, yet such a feature is common place at the Camaro's price range? Some things may have changed at GM, but overall not much has improved at all.
I don't agree, much has change at GM for the better. This is a small annoyance but nothing that important, thats probably why it was overlooked. However, it seems most of the new Cadillac have the colored shark fin.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:12 PM   #314
speedbroker
Custom Instigator

Drives: Acura TSX
Maybe this is an off quesiton but are there any similar colors for the Caddy as for the Camaro? Maybe it could be something where we could buy a replacement one for a Caddy and put it on the Camaro?

That is if they do not do right by Camaro buyers and at least offer the option..
Old 09-22-2008, 06:17 PM   #315
Nera Noctis

Drives: 1977 monte carlo
interior accent package

Ok i am seriously excited about this car but i have a huge question that keeps bothering me.. that interior on that car is great..BUT..i love the red.. but WHY is the stiching orange????

I know u can get the inferno orange accent package... but why is that the only colour...to me if u want the nice red interior liek in these pics... you want RED stiching..it just makes no sense to me.. can someone clerify this issue incase i missed somethin about being able to get other colours?
Nera Noctis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:51 PM   #316
Bumble Bee '77
AutoBot Scout

Drives: 2002 ZRS Camaro
my Indy photos

Tag and Mrs. Tag
Bumble Bee '77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 07:23 PM   #317
PA FAST
Future Camaro Driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbroker View Post
Maybe this is an off quesiton but are there any similar colors for the Caddy as for the Camaro? Maybe it could be something where we could buy a replacement one for a Caddy and put it on the Camaro?

That is if they do not do right by Camaro buyers and at least offer the option..
Thats an excellent question, maybe it would work since both Chevy's and Cadillac have Satellite radio and On Star.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:41 PM   #318
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhed View Post
Anyone catch if the RS or SS models had LED-based tail lights?
I don't think they are going to have LED tail lights. One of the designers (Camero) said a while back that the increase in percieved value was less than the actual increase in cost. Huh? They cost a lot more but people don't want to a lot pay more.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:00 PM   #319
tony19118

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS M6 Hyper Blue
Send a message via AIM to tony19118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nera Noctis View Post
Ok i am seriously excited about this car but i have a huge question that keeps bothering me.. that interior on that car is great..BUT..i love the red.. but WHY is the stiching orange????

I know u can get the inferno orange accent package... but why is that the only colour...to me if u want the nice red interior liek in these pics... you want RED stiching..it just makes no sense to me.. can someone clerify this issue incase i missed somethin about being able to get other colours?
i think those pannels you're looking at are actually orange, but it just kinda looks red in some of the pictures because of lighting, shadows, etc. i thought it was red at first as well but then everyone kept talking about the orange interior so i went back and looked closer, especially at some of the brighter pics and it looks orange to me now. looks great IMO, i cant wait to see it in person!!!! im so jealous of everyone who got to go to Indy!
1999 V6 A4 Red w/T-Tops - Owned 2002-2008
tony19118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:40 PM   #320
TRIXXTERR

Drives: 96 Z28(sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA FAST View Post
According to what I heard if this shark fin is like the shark fins used on other GM's it will be hard to paint.
Why??
How Hard Can It Be To Paint A Lil Plastic Fin. Oh BTW.. It Is HARD Plastic. Since They Can Paint The Bumper. Why Not This..
TRIXXTERR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:46 PM   #321
LSxJunkie
Snark snark snark

Drives: RX350
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIXXTERR View Post
Why??
How Hard Can It Be To Paint A Lil Plastic Fin. Oh BTW.. It Is HARD Plastic. Since They Can Paint The Bumper. Why Not This..
The fin looks like it's made out of porous plastic, not urethane like the bumper. The fin on my Lexus is the same material as the bumpers, so it's painted. I personally don't like the fin at all. I can has OnStar delete?
Old 09-22-2008, 10:30 PM   #322
PA FAST
Future Camaro Driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIXXTERR View Post
Why??
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSxJunkie View Post
The fin looks like it's made out of porous plastic, not urethane like the bumper. The fin on my Lexus is the same material as the bumpers, so it's painted. I personally don't like the fin at all. I can has OnStar delete?
What he said. ^^^