Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-22-2008, 08:26 PM   #15
Eighty-Six Z
2G1FK1EJ0A9109635

Drives: '10 CGM Camaro SS/RS
This is good news!!!!
Eighty-Six Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:55 PM   #16
speedbroker
Custom Instigator

Drives: Acura TSX
I am also entitled to the supplier's discount. HOWEVER, I have had one heck of a time finding a dealer saying they will honor it. One guy was smugly honest about it and said give it A LOT of time. I told him I have more time than most because I am waiting for the convertible.

He looked at me and smirked saying and what do you think the odds are on getting the supplier's discount on that. I just looked at him and said better than the odds that this dealership will ever sell me a car. In this economy you think they would want all the positive dealership PR they can get..
Old 10-23-2008, 05:59 AM   #17
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Anybody know how much the military discount will be? And do these discounts (employee, supplier, grad, military, etc.) work like a rebate? Meaning say I negotiate for invoice +500 on a base LS (approx. 21500) and then get my military discount (lets say, theoretically, equal to the employee price of 20500, or -1700) my total price would be 19800 before destination? Or would it simply be 20500, the larger of the two discounts (-1700 for military vs. -700 for 500 over invoice)? Sorry, this whole discount thing confuses me, never shopped with a discount before, and I want to make sure I know what my best price will be, since it affects when (or even if!) I'll be able to order a 5th gen.
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:09 AM   #18
383ss

Drives: 1985 IROC, 2011 Camaro
damn, great news!!

fwiw, the guy on the phone I talked to obviously had no idea what I was talking about and had to ask his 'manager' before he gave me an answer. he didn't even know what the 2010 camaro was lmao
383ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 10:15 AM   #19
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post
Anybody know how much the military discount will be? And do these discounts (employee, supplier, grad, military, etc.) work like a rebate? Meaning say I negotiate for invoice +500 on a base LS (approx. 21500) and then get my military discount (lets say, theoretically, equal to the employee price of 20500, or -1700) my total price would be 19800 before destination? Or would it simply be 20500, the larger of the two discounts (-1700 for military vs. -700 for 500 over invoice)? Sorry, this whole discount thing confuses me, never shopped with a discount before, and I want to make sure I know what my best price will be, since it affects when (or even if!) I'll be able to order a 5th gen.
- Xanthos
My understanding is that the discount prices are predetermined by GM for each vehicle based on what it is equipped with. These prices are then included with each dealer invoice. If you show up with the appropriate documentation for using a discount AND the dealer is willing to accept selling at the discount price, then you pay the particular discount price you qualify for. If you qualify for more than one, tell the dealer about the one that gives you the lowest price.

There is no haggling over the discounted prices. They are what they are. It is not a $ or % off kind of thing. It is a final $ number price.
rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 10:29 AM   #20
rlg3

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
My understanding is that the discount prices are predetermined by GM for each vehicle based on what it is equipped with. These prices are then included with each dealer invoice. If you show up with the appropriate documentation for using a discount AND the dealer is willing to accept selling at the discount price, then you pay the particular discount price you qualify for. If you qualify for more than one, tell the dealer about the one that gives you the lowest price.

There is no haggling over the discounted prices. They are what they are. It is not a $ or % off kind of thing. It is a final $ number price.
I think your right but I think that final price is based off of so much over invoice or below invoice. For example 3% over invoice etc, etc
rlg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:14 AM   #21
383ss

MAYBE NOT!!! this is jacked up... here's the reponse I got.

Quote:
Dear Mr. Arends,

Thank you for contacting Chevrolet and for your interest in the 2010 Camaro! We appreciate the time you have taken to write us.

At this time, the 2010 Camaro is not available for the GM Supplier Discount. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. For more information, please feel free to visit our website, http://www.chevrolet.com.

At Chevrolet, we strive to provide exceptional customer service. If we can be of any further assistance please email us or call 1-800-950-2438, between 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. E.S.T., Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. E.S.T., Saturday. Thank you for contacting Chevrolet!

Sincerely,

The Chevrolet Marketing Team
http://www.chevrolet.com

You have received this e-mail advertising GM products and services in response to your recent request for vehicle information. Please visit http://www.gmcontactpreferences.com to opt out of receiving future e-mail messages from General Motors.

General Motors Corporation, 100 Renaissance Center, 482-MAR-100, Detroit, MI 48265

Chevrolet supports Buckle Up America. We encourage you, your family, and your friends to always Buckle Up.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:42 AM   #22
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 383ss View Post
MAYBE NOT!!! this is jacked up... here's the reponse I got.
This goes more in line with the official statements that the decision hasn't been made yet.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 02:11 PM   #23
383ss

ok, got clarification after I sent them a not so nice email back!

Quote:
Dear Mr. Arends,

Thank you for contacting Chevrolet and for your interest in the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro! We appreciate the time you have taken to write us.

We apologize for any confusion that you have experienced regarding the eligibility of the 2010 Camaro for the GM Supplier Discount. According to our resources, the 2010 Camaro is an eligible vehicle for the GM Supplier Discount. All new and unused 2008, 2009, and 2010 GM vehicles are eligible for the discount except the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1, Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid, Saturn AURA Hybrid, Saturn VUE Hybrid, and Cadillac DTS (with option W30). We may recommend visiting your preferred Chevrolet dealership and http://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com for more information.

New Chevrolet vehicles now come standard with a 5 year/100,000 mile Powertrain warranty. By offering the fully transferable 5 year/100,000 mile Powertrain warranty on every 2008 and 2009 car, SUV, and light duty truck, you receive the best coverage in America.

If you are not currently working with a Chevrolet dealership in your area and you would like to locate one, an easy way to do so is by using the Find a Dealer web tool on http://www.chevrolet.com.

At Chevrolet, we strive to provide exceptional customer service. If we can be of any further assistance please email us or call 1-800-950-2438, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8am to 9pm Eastern Time, and Saturday 9am to 6pm. Thank you for contacting Chevrolet!

Sincerely,

The Chevrolet Marketing Team
http://www.chevrolet.com

You have received this e-mail advertising GM products and services in response to your recent request for vehicle information. Please visit http://www.gmcontactpreferences.com to opt out of receiving future e-mail messages from General Motors.

General Motors Corporation, 100 Renaissance Center, 482-MAR-100, Detroit, MI 48265

[THREAD ID:1-B57CPN]

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 10/23/2008 12:15:25 PM
To: <faq@chevrolet.com>
Subject: RE: 2010 Camaro Supplier pricing

You guys need to get your shit together, because other people have sent an email to this SAME address and got a reply back that said you ARE honoring supplier pricing on the 2010.

There is proof here...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8723

Thanks,

JA
Old 10-23-2008, 02:55 PM   #24
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
I was already planning on waiting till the second (possibly third) model year anyway.
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 03:24 PM   #25
gotpball44
Boost Is Your Friend

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to gotpball44
how do we get this supplier discount? Can my company sign up? how hard is it?
gotpball44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 03:24 PM   #26
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 383ss View Post
ok, got clarification after I sent them a not so nice email back!
I don't think I would have used those words in your email back to them. I have a feeling they didn't use the words they wanted to when they responded.
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 03:52 PM   #27
Aaron1121

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
From what I've found, it's pretty much impossible to get a dealership to accept employee or supplier pricing until they have extra inventory sitting on the lot, and the cars are readily available.

My dad was a GMAC employee for 20 years (until he was laid off a couple of months ago), so I am able eligible get the GM employee pricing. My family has purchased 7 vehicles from the same sales manager at one of the local dealers in the past few years.
The dealership was allocated 15 Camaros. Since we've ordered so many cars from him, he let me place an order for Camaro, with employee pricing. However, they got pre-orders for the rest of the allocated cars, so the dealer GM made the sales manager that I know call me back and cancel my order. The dealers still make money on employee purchases, but much less than on MSRP.

I understand why they did it, but I am so bummed......

It also seems sad that the economy is so poor right now that the dealership would risk loosing a loyal customer, to make a couple of thousand extra. I've spent a ton of money at that dealer, and it seems like they make more money on repeat sales and service than a single new car.

Since that time, I've called over 30 dealers in Southern California, and dealers all the way to Vegas and Phoenix. None of them are going to giveup their allocations for employee purchases. It looks like I won't be getting a car until the end of next year when they are sitting on the lot.
Aaron1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:11 PM   #28
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron1121 View Post
From what I've found, it's pretty much impossible to get a dealership to accept employee or supplier pricing until they have extra inventory sitting on the lot, and the cars are readily available.

My dad was a GMAC employee for 20 years (until he was laid off a couple of months ago), so I am able eligible get the GM employee pricing. My family has purchased 7 vehicles from the same sales manager at one of the local dealers in the past few years.
The dealership was allocated 15 Camaros. Since we've ordered so many cars from him, he let me place an order for Camaro, with employee pricing. However, they got pre-orders for the rest of the allocated cars, so the dealer GM made the sales manager that I know call me back and cancel my order. The dealers still make money on employee purchases, but much less than on MSRP.

I understand why they did it, but I am so bummed......

It also seems sad that the economy is so poor right now that the dealership would risk loosing a loyal customer, to make a couple of thousand extra. I've spent a ton of money at that dealer, and it seems like they make more money on repeat sales and service than a single new car.

Since that time, I've called over 30 dealers in Southern California, and dealers all the way to Vegas and Phoenix. None of them are going to giveup their allocations for employee purchases. It looks like I won't be getting a car until the end of next year when they are sitting on the lot.
Wow- just wow. I'd be calling up the owner of the dealership and cancelling the GM if you've been that loyal of a customer...
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote