Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-09-2016, 01:47 AM   #15
mulletman

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Sir, Jannety showed a 6 horsepower gain with your CAI. This was after a tune! Yes, it is a gain. I will stay with the stock air box.
mulletman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 12:40 AM   #16
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulletman View Post
Sir, Jannety showed a 6 horsepower gain with your CAI. This was after a tune! Yes, it is a gain. I will stay with the stock air box.
You are correct. If I understood Ted correctly, our intake gained just as much power with no tune. While that test was not our best performance on the dyno, 6hp in 3rd party testing is still outperforming popular competitors by a landslide.

There is a reason we see no 3rd party information for other systems. Roto-fab is not a big company, but our system has been dyno tested internationally at 6 different tuners that I know of. We have seen gains of 11 & 12 hp on the stock tune, 13 hp when added to a PTB and intake manifold build, and 40+ hp on multiple supercharged builds.

I know it may seem like I'm "beating a dead horse", but I feel strongly that anyone
considering a CAI, including the OP, should know that there are systems out there that lose horsepower, while the Roto-fab system continues to perform at an outstanding level.

With that said, a CAI is not for everyone, so I understand your thoughts on the matter, mulletman! I am here to help anytime if you ever change your mind.

Michael
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 10:59 AM   #17
Uf28denied

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I dyno'd my car last week and was really surprised.... as was everyone at the shop !!! For a car rated at 455 horse I got 420 at the wheels on the third run!!!! I just ordered the roto-fab with the oiled filter and sound tube delete !!! I'm going to dyno afterwards also just to see the difference!!!

Here's the stock dyno run: https://youtu.be/sUI57oN7uy8
Uf28denied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 11:26 AM   #18
Whitemaro6

Drives: 16 Summit white, Ceramic white 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uf28denied View Post
I dyno'd my car last week and was really surprised.... as was everyone at the shop !!! For a car rated at 455 horse I got 420 at the wheels on the third run!!!! I just ordered the roto-fab with the oiled filter and sound tube delete !!! I'm going to dyno afterwards also just to see the difference!!!

420? That dyno is either reading wrong or you my friend bought a unicorn.
Whitemaro6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 12:09 PM   #19
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uf28denied View Post

That's pretty impressive! In recent dyno tests, our dry filter has actually performed better than the oiled filter. This was much to our surprise. If you are interested in switching filters, please let me know. We may still have time to do so.

Thanks!
Michael
Old 11-10-2016, 02:49 PM   #20
JFM-jr

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemaro6 View Post
Why would that mean the dyno is wrong? Is it a corrected or uncorrected number? And thats all it is a number, if it came up 20hp short does that make it a good number? in the end its a tuning tool some may be a bit high some may be a bit low. Some folks put too much stock in a dyno number. Eventually I will put my car on a set of rollers when I start serious mods and the baseline number I really dont care if it comes up with 385 or 420hp it dont matter I know what the car runs at the track. I will be more interested in the before/after numbers. FWIW this Rotofab intake showed more than 6hp when combined with a ported TB and intake manifold. In fact it was double that figure.
ARH 1 7/8 longtubes hi flow cats AFM deleted E85
11.0@124.9
11.65@118.8 pump gas,stock tune/exhaust
New combo: Pray Performance Heads/cam
MSD intake manifold and Circle D 3C
554/491 on E85 all work & tuning done by Pray
JFM-jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 03:23 PM   #21
BowtieRocket

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS- M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvie70 View Post
so tired of roto-fab spamming at every chance
Old 11-10-2016, 03:28 PM   #22
BowtieRocket

The biggest reason CAI doesnt put up numbers is one they under contract negotiations with GM to provide intakes branded for them and two, more and more companies are getting away from it because its kind of a liability considering dynos are so specific and not an end all say all. Ive seen so many inconsistencies in dynos using the rotofab...
Old 11-10-2016, 03:31 PM   #23
BowtieRocket

At the end of the day Rotofab didnt reinvent the wheel. Several cai's out there and none of them make any real gain over the other or OEM alone to be honest. Cai in conjunction with other mods is only really where youll see a benefit
Old 11-10-2016, 04:52 PM   #24
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemaro6 View Post
Not so!

Test 1: 2016 Camaro SS LT-1 M6 STOCK 7600 miles on Odometer running Mobil 93 octane. 429 RWHP 436 RWTQ.

What you look for OP is not the starting number but the gain difference. Dynos and daily air conditions put power numbers all over the place day to day, dyno to dyno. JRE is big on relevent numbers.

Post #1:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=472259

OP my car was the Rotofab test mentioned as in the previous post thread link. This is a quality CAI and if you plan to go for big power it can help even more. Plus it looks awesome in the car and you can get rid of the horrible sound tube. Get the dry filter for the most power gain.

Old 11-10-2016, 06:23 PM   #25
Juliannnt

Drives: Mosaic Black on Black. 2017 M6 2SS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Not so!

Test 1: 2016 Camaro SS LT-1 M6 STOCK 7600 miles on Odometer running Mobil 93 octane. 429 RWHP 436 RWTQ.

What you look for OP is not the starting number but the gain difference. Dynos and daily air conditions put power numbers all over the place day to day, dyno to dyno. JRE is big on relevent numbers.

Post #1:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=472259

OP my car was the Rotofab test mentioned as in the previous post thread link. This is a quality CAI and if you plan to go for big power it can help even more. Plus it looks awesome in the car and you can get rid of the horrible sound tube. Get the dry filter for the most power gain.

I LOVE the way it looks, but Idk i think at this point im better off just saving the money to put towards an MSD or headers. So much conflicting info on this subject
Juliannnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 06:40 PM   #26
BowtieRocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliannnt View Post
I LOVE the way it looks, but Idk i think at this point im better off just saving the money to put towards an MSD or headers. So much conflicting info on this subject
For about $100 more and you can get the intake and TB ported, making more power anyway
Old 11-10-2016, 07:37 PM   #27
Roto-fab 1

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliannnt View Post
You could get a PTB and intake, and CAI for a very fair price. I believe PRAY gained about 30 hp with that combo! If I read the dyno sheets correctly, the PTB/intake and tune gained 17hp, and the Roto-fab CAI gained 13hp.

Michael
Old 11-11-2016, 05:21 AM   #28
JFM-jr

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
I

You could get a PTB and intake, and CAI for a very fair price. I believe PRAY gained about 30 hp with that combo! If I read the dyno sheets correctly, the PTB/intake and tune gained 17hp, and the Roto-fab CAI gained 13hp.

Michael
The Pray ported intake/TB and Rotofab should be a good combination. This is what I am going with on my car I am installing the Rotofab unit shortly.
ARH 1 7/8 longtubes hi flow cats AFM deleted E85
11.0@124.9
11.65@118.8 pump gas,stock tune/exhaust
New combo: Pray Performance Heads/cam
MSD intake manifold and Circle D 3C
554/491 on E85 all work & tuning done by Pray
JFM-jr is offline   Reply With Quote