Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Thread Closed

Old 11-26-2016, 02:06 AM   #29
Dubchitts

Drives: '17 Red hot 2ss, 16 Focus RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMikes View Post
,Ride for ride the camaro does feel a little cheap
Probably because it's a base model vs a mid range.... Guarantee my loaded model would make your mid range mustang feel cheap. So you're poor comparison is invalid
Old 11-26-2016, 02:27 AM   #30
MustangMikes

Drives: Junk
Awesome

Last edited by MustangMikes; 11-28-2016 at 01:50 AM.
Old 11-26-2016, 02:41 AM   #31
MustangMikes

Good stuff

Last edited by MustangMikes; 11-28-2016 at 01:52 AM.
Old 11-26-2016, 09:05 AM   #32
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Both cars are base models,are you saying that I shouldn't compare my base model mustang to my base model camaro, or are you assuming that I own a fully loaded mustang and I'm comparing it with a base model camaro? Base model for base model the camaro feels a little cheaper in the ride department.
...An EcoBoost Mustang is not a base Mustang.
Old 11-26-2016, 09:27 AM   #33
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Ride for ride the camaro does feel a little cheap and yes I do feel the suspension feels like it flaps against the floor board more,or at least I feel it more under the pedals.

As far as fuel,it is what it is, the motor pings the entire time at low speed and sounds like crap at the upper rpms it rattles like a can of nails as it climbs.Im not looking to make best friends on here just looking for quality answers. .
What you describe in that first sentence is a stiff chassis, something probably very new to you as it was to me coming from a BMW. You will feel bumps more pronounced. In comparison the 6 gen Mustang is not nearly as stiff. Also the RFT are notorious for being harsh. I'd definitely look into swapping them out if it's bothering you a lot.

The pinging that rampant is highly strange. Try using a real time scan tool on it and see if you have KR (I think it's a common PID). Also amazes me that it would not trigger a service light if that bad. Even if it was in limp mode there would be a SES light. Good luck.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
Old 11-26-2016, 09:42 AM   #34
sub_ETCS_ret

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
In all reality I could care less about both cars,My wife an I just wanted basic fuel economy sports cars to drive maybe even tune and hang on to them for a few years,None of them are bad ass collector cars by any means,I just wanted to know why our new car is rattling from day one,We have gone to many different gas stations for fuel and it ends up all the same.On the Ford forums I get tons of quality information about coyotes,pushrods,6 and 4 tech,I bring up all sorts of different makes and models on those forums.I share tuning and motor math for alot of different engine familys and very rarely do I have to deal with such immature attitudes,So far on this forum I've gotten zero tech info on the car,either gm drivers dont really know their motors and tech or people are just really insecure about other brands being mentioned.

I don't deal with people and there projections,I.e trolling comments etc,If I can't get good information here I'll get it elsewhere.Either way I need the car reliable enough to not leave my wife stranded with a blown head gasket,or the infamous shattered 2.0 piston and bent connecting rods,I know gm is a nightmare to deal with when it comes to warranty issues just have to wait and see what horse crap they try and come up with.Regardless of the results from the dealership appointment I will share the info.I hope this wasn't to jive to understand,if it needs to be translated into Ford for anyone I'm happy to talk with them.
So, just like on your Mustang forums, I assume you did a search here and found nothing related to your problem. That would lead me to believe that nobody else experienced it. Stop your bitchin' and use your warranty. Very simple, tell them to keep the car until you're happy with the outcome.

What did you expect from us? You came in here all high and mighty about your 30k sh!t box Camaro and your awesome ecoboost Mustang. Get off your high horse and be a little more humble. There is plenty of help to be had when you stop your arrogant rants.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
Old 11-26-2016, 09:44 AM   #35
MRREVINTO7

Drives: 14 1Le --14 chevy ss sedan 07shelby
I Love Camaros I think everyone should use one for demolition Derby !!!!
Old 11-26-2016, 11:19 AM   #36
mulletman

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Look inside a sh*tbox and many times you will find a turd.
Old 11-26-2016, 04:53 PM   #37
MustangMikes

Ok

Last edited by MustangMikes; 11-28-2016 at 01:56 AM.
Old 11-26-2016, 05:30 PM   #38
sub_ETCS_ret

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Super sound thanks for the good info and being an adult about it as well, Sub_etcs,Im the one complaining about my own car so I'm all high and mighty,? (The cars a 30 grand rattling turd as of right now end of story,if you don't like my comments don't respond to them,get lost,your comments are not needed,Funny I bash my own cars and car queens like you get butt hurt,As far as the base model nonsense goes,My Ecoboost is a base model,Aside from dashboard options, interior materials a 4 or 6 cyl,and a gear swap it's the same car through and through my eco is a base model period.
To me you are bashing the "Camaro" while stating how great the Mustang is. How do you expect people to react? If I had a problem, I would leave my comparison out of it and present the facts.

How about I have detonation at xxmph, when it's cold, when it's hot, and on and on.

Just my observation.

What would folks say on Mustang forum if I started bashing the Mustang while comparing it to the Camaro. By the way that's a rhetorical question because I already know the answer as I've witnessed it in your precious Mustang world.

I will leave it at that. It's obvious that you closed your mind to the capabilities of the Camaro. As you stated, it's your wife's car, so I don't expect anything positive coming from you.

I gave you my recommendation - WARRANTY.

Have a great day!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
Old 11-26-2016, 06:42 PM   #39
MustangMikes

Yep

Last edited by MustangMikes; 11-28-2016 at 01:58 AM.
Old 11-26-2016, 07:01 PM   #40
monkeychops

Drives: 2016 V6 6 speed
so mustang mike it was asked.....did you try a search?
I find it nearly impossible to believe that you are alone with your "problem"

so what were the results of the search??
Aren't you a ford tech? why would a guy who can fix his own ford be on a Camaro forum asking how to fix a chevy?
you build motors right? that's what you claimed.

stop the BS...your not fooling me.

But then again.... I figured a guy with mustang in his name would be unbiased in his opinions of a Camaro.....right??
Old 11-26-2016, 08:17 PM   #41
Dubchitts

Quote:
Both cars are base models,are you saying that I shouldn't compare my base model mustang to my base model camaro, or are you assuming that I own a fully loaded mustang and I'm comparing it with a base model camaro? Base model for base model the camaro feels a little cheaper in the ride department.
Lol. Guy who thinks he is a car guy. The eco boost mustang is the mid range. The v6 mustang is the base
Old 11-26-2016, 08:29 PM   #42
Dubchitts

Quote:
In all reality I could care less about both cars,My wife an I just wanted basic fuel economy sports cars to drive maybe even tune and hang on to them for a few years,None of them are bad ass collector cars by any means,I just wanted to know why our new car is rattling from day one,We have gone to many different gas stations for fuel and it ends up all the same.On the Ford forums I get tons of quality information about coyotes,pushrods,6 and 4 tech,I bring up all sorts of different makes and models on those forums.I share tuning and motor math for alot of different engine familys and very rarely do I have to deal with such immature attitudes,So far on this forum I've gotten zero tech info on the car,either gm drivers dont really know their motors and tech or people are just really insecure about other brands being mentioned.

I don't deal with people and there projections,I.e trolling comments etc,If I can't get good information here I'll get it elsewhere.Either way I need the car reliable enough to not leave my wife stranded with a blown head gasket,or the infamous shattered 2.0 piston and bent connecting rods,I know gm is a nightmare to deal with when it comes to warranty issues just have to wait and see what horse crap they try and come up with.Regardless of the results from the dealership appointment I will share the info.I hope this wasn't to jive to understand,if it needs to be translated into Ford for anyone I'm happy to talk with them.
Hey he only mentioned his mustang once in this post

Quote:
... horse crap...
Lol couldn't resist trolling the troll

Closed Thread