Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-30-2016, 01:27 PM   #99
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 Jetta 1.8, '19 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM-FIFTY View Post
Credit is only run if you take loan (that's the whole point of credit check - are you worthy to be lend), when paying off full in cash no reason to ding your credit. Glad to see your situation resolve this quickly !
True. But most dealers lie and say they need to do it to verify who you are for fraud. But they can do that without a credit check.
cbr1100xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 01:38 PM   #100
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr1100xx View Post
Even if you pay cash for a car, they run your credit.
Eddie Binder at Weseloh Chevy in Carlsbad took care of me.
Salesman was Ben Pendleton.
I can assure when you pay cash they have no need to run your credit. Why would they? Think McFly!!!! If your dealer told you that they're idiots, and you are as well for believing them.

My Mom paid for her Corvette with a certified cashiers check from her bank out of her savings. They did not run her credit. Corvettes, at least hers as an LT2 Z51 with the carbon fiber spoilers and roof and 20" chrome wheels, are twice the price of a Camaro.

Believe me if they even insinuated they needed to run her credit she'd have had the salesman begging for his job back.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 01:55 PM   #101
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
unless your dealer is being shady, there is no reason to run your credit for a hard hit if you are paying cash. If you took the option to finance then yes they do a hard hit against your credit report.
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 01:59 PM   #102
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
I think if the dealer wants to run your credit even if you're paying cash, they want to see if they can get a very low interest to pursuit you to finance instead of buying it outright. Most dealers don't like "paid full in cash" transactions.. this would be the only reason why they would even ask for a credit check and they should be upfront with it as well.
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 02:00 PM   #103
solobaric

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard0nee View Post
I think if the dealer wants to run your credit even if you're paying cash, they want to see if they can get a very low interest to pursuit you to finance instead of buying it outright. Most dealers don't like "paid full in cash" transactions.. this would be the only reason why they would even ask for a credit check and they should be upfront with it as well.
This! Dealers don't want cash!! Tons more to be made on financing deals
Old 12-30-2016, 02:05 PM   #104
CAM-FIFTY

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2SS
Quote:
True. But most dealers lie and say they need to do it to verify who you are for fraud. But they can do that without a credit check.
then you took ding to your credit for no reason...you should have questioned them. They don't handover the keys until you hand them over the cashiers check, no leeway for lie and fraud from buyers side.
CAM-FIFTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 02:12 PM   #105
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM-FIFTY View Post
then you took ding to your credit for no reason...you should have questioned them. They don't handover the keys until you hand them over the cashiers check, no leeway for lie and fraud from buyers side.
Well the OP didn't pay cash and financed.. which is why I hinted the only thing that happened in this whole ordeal was a credit ding. OP mentioned that if you pay cash, they will still run a credit report.. Which of course isn't true unless they want to try to get you out of paying cash and into financing.
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 05:15 PM   #106
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 Jetta 1.8, '19 1SS
Quote:
Well the OP didn't pay cash and financed.. which is why I hinted the only thing that happened in this whole ordeal was a credit ding. OP mentioned that if you pay cash, they will still run a credit report.. Which of course isn't true unless they want to try to get you out of paying cash and into financing.
Financed about $15k. But credit scoring usually doesn't ding your credit when applying for auto loans. Have had this done at many dealers over the years car shopping and my score is always through the roof regardless.
cbr1100xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 08:10 PM   #107
Donner

Drives: 2017 50th SS convertible
Quote:
Maybe I set a record. This is the 2nd time I've driven the car since driving it home initially 17 miles.
Dag,

Sorry to hear this news.

Kindest,

Donner
Donner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 02:23 PM   #108
COmaro

Drives: Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
I have owned both a Gen 5 and Gen 6 now. I feel the design of the gen 6 seems very good but the quality control has been below average.

I've been around GM cars for over 40 years.

Never, never, NEVER buy a first year GM car, ever. Second year, you'd better research. By the third year, they tend to get thing straightened out. This applies to Chrysler, too. Fords are OK by the second year. This is because of GMs slow fix cycles. They push out the vehicle, issues start coming in within a few months, they analyze, analyze, analyze, try to push back on suppliers, etc. At the end of the first model year they accept that some things are wrong, but it takes *another* model year to design/correct the issues. So by the third year they usually have the major things resolved.

GM has literally *never* produced a redesigned car/truck model that didn't have issues the first year. Ever. EVER. I dare you to find one. They may have managed to produce a few good first/second year individual examples of cars, but by year three they have many revised parts and literally hundreds of mods to the production process to fix problems.

Some things they never get right. I had a 1990 pickup that I bought brand new. The power steering pump died at 40,000 miles. I have a 2000 Silverado that, you guessed it, the PS pump died at 40,000 miles. Ask anyone, they stayed with the same design for decades, even though they routinely failed, because they failed shortly AFTER the warranty period.

You simply have to accept these things in a GM vehicle.
COmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 09:47 AM   #109
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I bought a brand new 1982 Z28 and never had a problem in the 5 years I owned it! I traded it for a 1987 IROC Z and that car was nothing but problems from day one. In the 11 years I owned it, everything was sorted out when I traded it for a 1998 SS but the '87 was worn out then.
Old 01-01-2017, 11:45 AM   #110
craigss50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty
Quote:
Originally Posted by COmaro View Post
I've been around GM cars for over 40 years.

Never, never, NEVER buy a first year GM car, ever. Second year, you'd better research. By the third year, they tend to get thing straightened out. This applies to Chrysler, too. Fords are OK by the second year. This is because of GMs slow fix cycles. They push out the vehicle, issues start coming in within a few months, they analyze, analyze, analyze, try to push back on suppliers, etc. At the end of the first model year they accept that some things are wrong, but it takes *another* model year to design/correct the issues. So by the third year they usually have the major things resolved.

GM has literally *never* produced a redesigned car/truck model that didn't have issues the first year. Ever. EVER. I dare you to find one. They may have managed to produce a few good first/second year individual examples of cars, but by year three they have many revised parts and literally hundreds of mods to the production process to fix problems.

Some things they never get right. I had a 1990 pickup that I bought brand new. The power steering pump died at 40,000 miles. I have a 2000 Silverado that, you guessed it, the PS pump died at 40,000 miles. Ask anyone, they stayed with the same design for decades, even though they routinely failed, because they failed shortly AFTER the warranty period.

You simply have to accept these things in a GM vehicle.
So true. Look how long GM had the rocking seat fiasco. Had the issue on a 1996 Seville and 2004 Corvette.
craigss50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 11:46 AM   #111
mulletman

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Credit inquiry? Unless the OP paid cash without financing I'm sure they had to run his credit.

This is the fastest turnaround that I see. I'll definitely by from that dealership. OP, can you disclose the managers that you death with? I want to reccommend a friend over to him.
Death managers make a killing on car sales.
mulletman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 12:56 PM   #112
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Financed about $15k. But credit scoring usually doesn't ding your credit when applying for auto loans. Have had this done at many dealers over the years car shopping and my score is always through the roof regardless.
True, during the shopping phase, dealers will run a credit inquiry. This is a basic tool that simply gives them a snap shot. It will simply tell them if your in good standing with no red flags. It isn't until you've agreed to buy the car and go in front of finance that they run the actual credit report, and then they need your signature to do so.

They run a credit inquiry when your on your test drive. The second you hand over your driver's license they run this. It doesn't ding your credit at all. In fact, all those CC companies, insurance companies, furniture stores, etc that send you all that junk mail and what not that have your name on it have already run an inquiry on you.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote