Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 10-02-2010, 02:27 AM   #1
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS Victory Red
Granatelli TTi Twin-turbo L99 latest update Dyno Results

Car: 2010 L99 SS / RS
Mods: Stone Stock w/ Nothing added but the GMS/TTi TT Kit
Turbos: The only ones you need PTE6265
Wheels: Stock
Air: If I had a dime for every time I read how the air was bad so the dyno numbers were off....blah...blah
Numbers: 575rwhp / 575 ft/lbs

Not sure why it takes others 2 or 3 days and 30 to 50 tries to get a stock tune figured out The auto trans cars don't make the power of the manuals for primarily 2 reasons:

Displacement on demand is a power sucker (only found on the A6 to date)

and 2, the cam profile (because of the displacement on demand) is not as forced induction friendly.

At the same boost with the same kit on the M6 we see 640 hp and 600ft/lbs.

Like we said, if you have the turbos figured out, there is no need to play musical turbos

Dyno graph goes up shortly
Granatelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:34 AM   #2
NewGen

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Send a message via AIM to NewGen Send a message via MSN to NewGen
Damn those are nice numbers
Old 10-02-2010, 10:58 AM   #3
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGen View Post
Damn those are nice numbers
Thank you. I said it before and I guess I can say it again - These cars can make 550 RWHP pretty easy regardless of what power adder you run. You want a centrifugal? The choices are there - Paxton, Vortech, and ProCharger

Roots style - Maggie and many others

Turbo - you have single or twin design - IMHO there is only 1 choice - GRANATELLI BABY

Look at all the twin systems offered today. All the best parts and clearly the best layout add up to a “system” that at this time is hard to rival. I gotta agree with the other turbo guy that says you get what you pay for. If you want the allure of a twin turbo system and don’t care about the design inefficiencies then what the HELL there is always a cheaper design to be purchased. A properly designed twin system is one that truly splits the banks – left side and right side – until they meet at the t-body. We accomplished that with a no compromise compact design and did not sacrifice quality
Old 10-02-2010, 11:07 AM   #4
NewGen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granatelli View Post
Thank you. I said it before and I guess I can say it again - These cars can make 550 RWHP pretty easy regardless of what power adder you run. You want a centrifugal? The choices are there - Paxton, Vortech, and ProCharger

Roots style - Maggie and many others

Turbo - you have single or twin design - IMHO there is only 1 choice - GRANATELLI BABY

Look at all the twin systems offered today. All the best parts and clearly the best layout add up to a “system” that at this time is hard to rival. I gotta agree with the other turbo guy that says you get what you pay for. If you want the allure of a twin turbo system and don’t care about the design inefficiencies then what the HELL there is always a cheaper design to be purchased. A properly designed twin system is one that truly splits the banks – left side and right side – until they meet at the t-body. We accomplished that with a no compromise compact design and did not sacrifice quality
Yea they are nice numbers and seems to be a very well complete kit? Price? I was thinkin of goin the Maggie/Whipple route
They are cheaper than a couple TT kits ive seen and produce very nice power
Old 10-04-2010, 05:36 PM   #5
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Quote:
Yea they are nice numbers and seems to be a very well complete kit? Price? I was thinkin of goin the Maggie/Whipple route
They are cheaper than a couple TT kits ive seen and produce very nice power
No question the Maggie and Whipple can make power - you also hear them coming fom a mile away. So again if a person just wants 550-ish and does nt mind adding headers, undersized pullies and such those are good choices.

What we are telling eveyone is bolt up this kit and be dome with it. No need for anything else - it is just 575 to 600 as delivered - it is also stealth and does not cluter up the engine compartment

Some guys want more "KA-BAM" when the hood goes up. The twins are all about business - period
Old 10-04-2010, 07:02 PM   #6
NewGen

Quote:
No question the Maggie and Whipple can make power - you also hear them coming fom a mile away. So again if a person just wants 550-ish and does nt mind adding headers, undersized pullies and such those are good choices.

What we are telling eveyone is bolt up this kit and be dome with it. No need for anything else - it is just 575 to 600 as delivered - it is also stealth and does not cluter up the engine compartment

Some guys want more "KA-BAM" when the hood goes up. The twins are all about business - period
I like the kit no doubt...bt da price is a little steep at 8500
Old 10-04-2010, 07:43 PM   #7
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Quote:
I like the kit no doubt...but da price is a little steep at 8500
Not really. If you understand what you are looking at and realize what the parts cost it make more sense. As an example we don't use Vibrant generic intercoolers. Our intercooler cores are all hand built using the best there is to offer. The cores and cooler we use are the exact same ones you would find in this car http://www.granatellimotorsports.com...natelli-18.jpg that ran high 6's or this car that ran low 6's http://www.granatellimotorsports.com...matusek-16.jpg. Does that mean you need them? Perhaps not but we gave up on building kits that are not perfect. Why buy a twin turbo kit will turbos that will support 950 HP and an intercooler that will give up at 700? Our intercooler will support 2500cfm worth of air with minimal pressure drop - so we include as standard turbos that can make 1300hp and intercoolers that can flow 1500hp worth of flow.

Interesting to note: I asked John Lingenfelter when he was alive why he charged $25,000 for his 1999 Corvette Turbo kit. Remember we are talking over 10 years ago. He said try to build one and let me know how that turns out. Well we did and that kit is now considered the standard to which all others are measured. We sell that kit for $16,000 and it takes 3 huge boxes to ship - looks like a ton of stuff when it is spread out over the floor and bench. So Lingenfelter charging 25,000 installed and tuned was not too far off.

You get what you pay for

Assuming you do not touch the engine internals but want to make 700 rwhp. What does that cost if you start with a Maggie or Whipple?

Blower - $6500.00
Headers – 1500.00
Smaller blower pulley - $75.00
Upgrade to 10 rib conversion - $1800.00
What am I missing?

With our kit – NOTHING else is needed – it is there
Old 10-04-2010, 07:45 PM   #8
Granatelli
Account Suspended

In short it cost the same to get to 700. After that it only gets worse for the blower guys -

I am a blower fan and we sell a ton of Magnuson So i know what it takes to make the power
Old 10-04-2010, 07:55 PM   #9
NewGen

Ddnt really look at it that way...Nice point tho...Hows the upkeep on this kit?
Old 10-04-2010, 08:02 PM   #10
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:

Blower - $6500.00
Headers – 1500.00
Smaller blower pulley - $75.00
Upgrade to 10 rib conversion - $1800.00
What am I missing?
Headers Installations - $300
CAI - $450
===============
Total => $10,625
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:29 PM   #11
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Drives: S.I.M. SS
Quote:

Wow, your kits sounds very good,....almost too good to be true. I'm currently in the market for either a turbo kit or supercharger, I dunno which Im going to go with. I'm looking at different companies and the price vs performance. Currently I have my eye on Fastlane Performance's 75mm turbo kit for my L99. The current purchase price is $9,000.00 out the door labor already included. They assure me for a L99 it will make 520rwhp, but with the addition of a duel fuel pump(?) they can bring it up to 580ish on pump gas with the addition of an additive. 520 to the wheels sounds like a hell of a lot of power to have rw.

But I was looking to go for at least 580 or 600 rearwheel, but I dont see any other kits I'm looking at for around the same price.

520rwhp is good for 9k flat considering some superchargers alone run at 8,000k uninstalled, and once you add headers, exhaust, cam, AND installation- your looking at close to 15-20k for the same power. Granatelli, what does your kit offer, and what's kind of price are we looking at out the door??
*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
**Result**: 465rwhp/ 447rwtq. Satisfied.
Mr CLuTcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:32 PM   #12
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Quote:
Didn’t really look at it that way...Nice point tho...Hows the upkeep on this kit?
No up keep . Just change your engine oil like normal and make sure your air filters are clean - filters are K&N million mile warranty

Once installed - just make believe it is not there - it is just that simple. I see many of you are getting intimidated by the price. Do not be - this kit is like the most power with the best insurance policy to back it
Old 10-04-2010, 08:33 PM   #13
NewGen

Quote:
No up keep . Just change your engine oil like normal and make sure your air filters are clean - filter are K&N million mile warranty
million mile warranty lol if that were only true...How often should the filters be checked?
Old 10-04-2010, 08:40 PM   #14
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Quote:
million mile warranty lol if that were only true...How often should the filters be checked?
Our filters (unlike some of the others) do not drag under the car by the oil pan sucking heat and road grime. Each turbo is feed by a huge K&N that is nestled in just below each head light - they are very easy to get to as well. I would say check them every 7500 miles